DIY BLDC/PMAC Innerrnner Motor using induction motor core.

How about bar magnets with a groove OR a lip down each side ?? Mill the rotor with a slot and groove, and slide the magnets in. A thin ring screwed on each end will stop them from slipping out. This way, a little dab of epoxy will help stabilize things, also.

This LINK shows both types if you scroll down and watch for numbers with IN or OUT after the numbers. There are different sizes and pull, along with prices. Bulk is discounted price.

Harold those look cool but very pricy I was thinking something along those lines would be a good way to do it.

So I managed to draw some circles with FEMM but how do you guys draw the stator teeth? Do you draw them all separately or is there a way to make them all at once? I have a lot to learn with FEMM.

Arlo1 said:
So I managed to draw some circles with FEMM but how do you guys draw the stator teeth? Do you draw them all separately or is there a way to make them all at once? I have a lot to learn with FEMM.
I don't use FEMM to create the geometry but it does have the ability to create circular arrays (Edit | Copy > Rotation), so you could draw one tooth and copy it around the axis.

Miles said:
Arlo1 said:
I don't use FEMM to create the geometry but it does have the ability to create circular arrays (Edit | Copy > Rotation), so you could draw one tooth and copy it around the axis.
Thanks Miles.

I just want to learn what I might need to learn down the road. The biggest reason to use this is to estimate torque.
I just used numbers from a highlander rotor/stator for a base line and the 5.125 long x 10.25" stator will be good for ~800 ft/lbs torque.

Back