E-S LMX 64 Bike Owners

hkj said:
Here's some more info on the LMX56:

A concentrate of integration and technology

Available now for pre-order (200 €)

What will be the pre production "home kickstarter" price?

For the nucular guys , i confirm stuttering problem solved with the brand new update from nucular.
so far the best update now , i test it and it is very good now with ipm motors.

when you gonna update take screenshots from al your settings from you display menus and controllers menus .

guys with the 40MM will be the ipm motor , so you need to learn the motor LR,motor, and hall learning .

if you not learn these 3 correct motor will stutter like before.

throttle en brake need to learn now in display setting not in controller it will not work.

big update guys take your time to cofig proper en test .

Controller update v0.8.1
Update first!

Added glitchy USB to controller (needs a USB cable connected to PWM port).
Completely new LEVCAN parameters protocol with more possibilities.
Added trip statistics menu to controller:
-Wh regen/used/total.
-Ah regen/used/total.
-Estimated motor efficiency realtime and average.
-Calculated motor torque (on shaft).
Temperature measurement now calculates t-sensor resistance.
Improved kV detection.
Fixed 'bug' with long brake response on slow current change speed for acceleration limit.
Defaults for all ports now OFF.
Added brake button % (percentage of brake phase current for button-brake).
Added brake on released throttle (brake phase current).
Motor inductance and resistance detection for MTPA.
MTPA logic (works good only with IPM motors).
Fixed FOC FW to be triggered at stop when braking.
Added more control CAN commands.
Added more parameters that could be requested from controller on CAN bus.
Added more logger parameters.
Added hall filter settings to debug stuttering.
Added prefix selection for controller name.
=== v0.8.2
Added log header option.
Added translation for some messages (RU).
Added error messages for throttle/brake detection.

Display update v0.70
Update last!

Menu redesigned.
All display settings moved to separate menu.
Added port input state in port settings.
Added port functions: disable backlight, lock screen.
Added separate hotkeys while charging.
Added option to use hotkeys with short click.
Added throttle/brake settings which are connected to display.
Added global odometer setting.
Global stats reset will not reset odometer now.
Added parameters import/export.
Added icons on main screen (brake, brake limit, turtle mode, motor/controller fault, battery fault).
With new controllers update speed is 6 times faster now.
Logger speed should work faster too.
Added text scroll in menu.
Logo updated.
Added more informative messages for resets with password request.
Added parameters that could be requested from display on CAN bus.
=== v0.71
Fixed some parameter editing.
Updated import/export.
Odometer now can be imported, value is not decimal now.
Fixed button blinking while typing password.
Fixed charge screen, button blinking fixed.
Fixed info-lines names.
Fixed header for password message.

updates files in nucular telegram .

technical info controller here https://docs.nucular.tech/doku.php?id=en:controller:setup#controller_v08
technical info display here https://docs.nucular.tech/doku.php?id=en:display:start#on-board_computer_v07b

read this before update follow the steps.
First need to update all devices but display. Because menu protocol is new and old devices will not be visible in menu. After update finished hold left button few seconds to exit updated device menu. If button does not work you may need to reset power supply or replug CAN cable in display.
After everything updated - update display.
Make a controller reset (load defaults) after update.
I recommend to run motor detect again on controllers.
Detection of throttle/brake connected to display should be done in display menu.

BIG improvement for ipm motors.

cheers guys ride safe .

coyboyduk said:
30mm vs 40mm motor? Does anyone know of a difference between a 30mm and a 40mm motor? related to the settings of the Nucular controller. poles, angle etc. because I have now replaced it, and it stutters i certain rpm?? then let the controller detect automatically, but no improvement. setting is 4pole pair and angle of 10°. or is this related to something else?
do the new update it wil solve stuttering problem, if your motor is a ipm 40MM motor it will be 5 pole per pair.

Cowardlyduck said:
Thanks! I grabbed the update when I saw it yesterday and will try this also as I have stuttering on my 30mm motor also.
Stupid question, but is the 30mm motor also IPM?

Cheers
no i think not 30MM is a ipm motor, but you can try with the new update, do not forget learn the 3 motor setting, special the motor lr you gonna here strange high level nois but that is normal it is the learning.

i'm running with a 50mm ipm motor modified for my lmx 64 and they have good torque and no themp problems.

croydon said:
i'm running with a 50mm ipm motor modified for my lmx 64 and they have good torque and no themp problems.

Hey Croydon, I'd love to hear more about your 50mm IPM motor and see a pic or two of it on your bike.

Who or where can I get the motor from?

how much longer than the 40mm/30mm motor is it? I assume it is longer overall, so does it clear the chainring?

how do you rate the perfomance? top speed etc...

hello, i have updated the controller and screen to the latest firmware, on my lmx 64, but now i did an autoconfig, but my buttons on the steering wheel and throttle no longer work. anyone have an idea? I had taken pictures of each screen though, but the layout is completely different. versus the previous firmware, don't get it??
croydon said:
For the nucular guys , i confirm stuttering problem solved with the brand new update from nucular.
so far the best update now , i test it and it is very good now with ipm motors.

when you gonna update take screenshots from al your settings from you display menus and controllers menus .

guys with the 40MM will be the ipm motor , so you need to learn the motor LR,motor, and hall learning .

if you not learn these 3 correct motor will stutter like before.

throttle en brake need to learn now in display setting not in controller it will not work.

big update guys take your time to cofig proper en test .

Controller update v0.8.1
Update first!

Added glitchy USB to controller (needs a USB cable connected to PWM port).
Completely new LEVCAN parameters protocol with more possibilities.
Added trip statistics menu to controller:
-Wh regen/used/total.
-Ah regen/used/total.
-Estimated motor efficiency realtime and average.
-Calculated motor torque (on shaft).
Temperature measurement now calculates t-sensor resistance.
Improved kV detection.
Fixed 'bug' with long brake response on slow current change speed for acceleration limit.
Defaults for all ports now OFF.
Added brake button % (percentage of brake phase current for button-brake).
Added brake on released throttle (brake phase current).
Motor inductance and resistance detection for MTPA.
MTPA logic (works good only with IPM motors).
Fixed FOC FW to be triggered at stop when braking.
Added more control CAN commands.
Added more parameters that could be requested from controller on CAN bus.
Added more logger parameters.
Added hall filter settings to debug stuttering.
Added prefix selection for controller name.
=== v0.8.2
Added log header option.
Added translation for some messages (RU).
Added error messages for throttle/brake detection.

Display update v0.70
Update last!

Menu redesigned.
All display settings moved to separate menu.
Added port input state in port settings.
Added port functions: disable backlight, lock screen.
Added separate hotkeys while charging.
Added option to use hotkeys with short click.
Added throttle/brake settings which are connected to display.
Added global odometer setting.
Global stats reset will not reset odometer now.
Added parameters import/export.
Added icons on main screen (brake, brake limit, turtle mode, motor/controller fault, battery fault).
With new controllers update speed is 6 times faster now.
Logger speed should work faster too.
Added text scroll in menu.
Logo updated.
Added more informative messages for resets with password request.
Added parameters that could be requested from display on CAN bus.
=== v0.71
Fixed some parameter editing.
Updated import/export.
Odometer now can be imported, value is not decimal now.
Fixed button blinking while typing password.
Fixed charge screen, button blinking fixed.
Fixed info-lines names.
Fixed header for password message.

updates files in nucular telegram .

technical info controller here https://docs.nucular.tech/doku.php?id=en:controller:setup#controller_v08
technical info display here https://docs.nucular.tech/doku.php?id=en:display:start#on-board_computer_v07b

read this before update follow the steps.
First need to update all devices but display. Because menu protocol is new and old devices will not be visible in menu. After update finished hold left button few seconds to exit updated device menu. If button does not work you may need to reset power supply or replug CAN cable in display.
After everything updated - update display.
Make a controller reset (load defaults) after update.
I recommend to run motor detect again on controllers.
Detection of throttle/brake connected to display should be done in display menu.

BIG improvement for ipm motors.

cheers guys ride safe .

anyone have a config file for the lmx64 ? installed the new nucular update, both controller and screen, but nothing works yet. had taken a picture of every screen anyway, but the layout is completely different???

Managed to snap another belt while on an awesome ride with Brianv99 on the weekend...video to come.

While we were changing the belt on the side of the track, I managed to loose two of the cassette pawls from inside the freehub. :(

Does anyone know what they are called exactly and where I might find some?

Cheers

May be the solution for the belt is to go the Nicolai Uboxx Ultra way :)

IMG_9962_01-1920x720.jpg

Double the strength and redundancy if one breaks :)

coyboyduk said:
anyone have a config file for the lmx64 ? installed the new nucular update, both controller and screen, but nothing works yet. had taken a picture of every screen anyway, but the layout is completely different???

Hi CD
I lost a couple as well, Adam has these. I think the PN is LMX00593 AND/OR LMX000594

PS, now up to 1300km with the optibelt HL. (that's way over my target of 800km) Still as quite as it always was.
I can't hear it. ( 15 :115 )
Ran the last 400km with 60amps, and all setting up. Have to drop down to 50amps at 300watts otherwise the controller turns off.
I haven't tried the new firmware yet.

scrambler said:
May be the solution for the belt is to go the Nicolai Uboxx Ultra way :)

IMG_9962_01-1920x720.jpg

Double the strength and redundancy if one breaks :)

I'd like to see a belt on the LMX 161.

Hi guy's,
Video of Brian and my last ride through some steep fire trail.
Anyone remember what happened just before Covid...Australia was on FIRE :flame: :flame: :flame:

This section of bush was badly burned, which is why there is loads of regrowth. Amazingly, they managed to save the hut in the valley.
[youtube]iaGd6Fu_7d0[/youtube]
Stay to the end to see me snap my belt trying to power over a log.

------Edit-----
Oops...stuffed up the music/copyright on that one and Youtube blocked it. Replaced the music, but it definitely doesn't fit the video as well.
The original is here for anyone interested in the better audio...unfortunately, the video quality isn't as good.
https://vimeo.com/646386010

Cheers

TorEddy said:
I just completed my LMX64 upgrade.
Silixcon controller with display and full twist throttle,

For those of you who have switched over from Nucular 12F to Silixcon SC controller, do you find the noise from the motor is louder?. I've found that my Silixcon controller the motor is noisy once field weakening kicks in. Wondering if the Nucular makes a similar sound at higher speeds?

For anyone else looking to upgrade their Nucular equipped LMX64 to the latest firmware, make sure you clear/reset the motor auto-setup when doing it.
After a bit of stuffing around, and help over on the Nucular thread I fixed up a major stuttering issue on initial acceleration as well as a previous issue I had in the previous firmware version that was causing a random blip during acceleration I had just learned to live with.

So anyway, just a tip for those with the Nucular, after backing up your controller config, open the file on a PC and clear the motor tune settings section before importing. Obviously a retune is then needed to get the motor working again.

Cheers

Hi,

Do you guys know if the latest LMX 64 and LMX 56 still ship with the Nucular controllers?
As the latest vlog of Adam has the APT display on the LMX 64 or no display at all on the 56.

What is the best controller for the LMX regarding pedalling ( I'm not really interested in throttle riding) ?

Thanks a lot !

OnlyEbay said:
Hi,

Do you guys know if the latest LMX 64 and LMX 56 still ship with the Nucular controllers?
As the latest vlog of Adam has the APT display on the LMX 64 or no display at all on the 56.

What is the best controller for the LMX regarding pedalling ( I'm not really interested in throttle riding) ?

Thanks a lot !

I belive they still use the Silixcon setup they switched to from Nucular some years ago.
The Silixcon controller with Bafang display was supposed to be better with torque sensing then Nucular.
Mine came with Nucular and i later switched to the Silixcon setup and belt, and only felt a slightly better performance in pas riding.
For pure pas riding i would prefer a legal emtb as they have a much smoother assist. Not so easy to tame 8x the power of a legal emtb.

I have used emGUI SWTools (siliXcon.com) and it works very well. I changed the "belt torque level" and the "global torque level" just the way I like it. There is a great, peaceful power, just as I work with my legs.

TorEddy said:
OnlyEbay said:
Hi,

Thanks a lot !

I belive they still use the Silixcon setup they switched to from Nucular some years ago.
The Silixcon controller with Bafang display was supposed to be better with torque sensing then Nucular.
Mine came with Nucular and i later switched to the Silixcon setup and belt, and only felt a slightly better performance in pas riding.
For pure pas riding i would prefer a legal emtb as they have a much smoother assist. Not so easy to tame 8x the power of a legal emtb.

Thanks for your comment!

Back