E-S Stealth Electric Bike Owners

How's this grab you?

Lowered-left-side.jpg

DunkenKBliths said:
Looks like after around 48,000 KMS my seat decided to crack and break...
Then lost 2 bots... sounded like someone had a go at shooting me...

Luckily Stealth is honoring its Lifetime warranty on the frame....

Back to the factory for a fix-up !

Capture.JPG

Yikes! Another one :shock:
If this happened to anyone while riding it could end real badly...I wonder if it would be in Stealth's best interests to issue a recall for the older design seat sub-frames...if I were them I wouldn't want to risk it.

48000km, that's epic! I'm guessing with that many km's this was still an original design seat sub-frame.
I haven't seen any of the newer design sub-frames do this yet.

Has anything else had issues with that many km on the clock?

Cheers

Here's a little more information about the new electric Harley bikes. I think this is sounds interesting, but I'd like know how they plan to do this without pedals

"Additionally, Harley-Davidson stipulated that a goal for the newer electric models is for riders to not need a motorcycling license to operate them as a way of "lowering the learning curve" and expanding the models' appeal for new riders. They will also feature removable batteries that can be carried in one hand to charging stations plugged into common household outlets, according to the release."

I think they're a little late for this.

"The release heralds the two models as helping with Harley-Davidson's plan to lead "the electrification of motorcycling."

https://www.bizjournals.com/milwaukee/news/2019/01/28/harley-davidson-unveils-next-two-electric.html?ana=yahoo&yptr=yahoo

This worked pretty good for lubing my VBoxx. At the auto supply store I found an assortment of rubber nipples, and caps for vacuum lines. I drilled a hole in the grease tubes cap, and screwed it down on this rubber nipple. The end is small enough to stick in the lube ports in the VBoxx. Didn't make any mess this time.

20190129-091832.jpg

DunkenKBliths said:
Looks like after around 48,000 KMS my seat decided to crack and break...
Then lost 2 bots... sounded like someone had a go at shooting me...

Luckily Stealth is honoring its Lifetime warranty on the frame....

Back to the factory for a fix-up !

Capture.JPG

I had same thing at the sides on the triangle when i got the new one i made another piece of metal so when the bolts are in it spreads the load more and on inside as well.

Ah good idea with a bar to spread the stress...will look at doing this when i get it...

Apart from a new battery at about 30,000kms, I have to re-solder the Hall sensor plug...
everything has held up well for 48,000kms ... think I have changed the tires (crazy Bobs)
about 5 times and the brake pads about the same....

Overall the bike is in pretty good order...

DunkenKBliths said:
... think I have changed the tires (crazy Bobs)

What are you, some kind of stinkin street rider? :cry:

fluid2150 said:
Finally finished my baby. Went for ride to work and back 40km round Tripp. Brakes where rubbing so readjust, better but still a little bit.

Think I'm done modding now crusing 😁

15487080998927.jpg
15487080998513.jpg15487080998675.jpg15487080998442.jpg
That is a neat classic look with the brown brooks saddle and handlebars. Nice.

DunkenKBliths said:
Ah good idea with a bar to spread the stress...will look at doing this when i get it...

Apart from a new battery at about 30,000kms, I have to re-solder the Hall sensor plug...
everything has held up well for 48,000kms ... think I have changed the tires (crazy Bobs)

Very impressive. You have exactly double what I have on my Bomber.

Theodore Voltaire said:
This worked pretty good for lubing my VBoxx. At the auto supply store I found an assortment of rubber nipples, and caps for vacuum lines. I drilled a hole in the grease tubes cap, and screwed it down on this rubber nipple. The end is small enough to stick in the lube ports in the VBoxx. Didn't make any mess this time.

20190129-091832.jpg

This is the stuff I have been using for years now on the vboxx.

Allex said:
Theodore Voltaire said:
How's this grab you?

Lowered-left-side.jpg

I dont get this style TV, you building a classic cruiser but use a modern bike seat.
Look at fluid2150, the Brooks is the way to go.

I know what you mean Allex, it is a bit of a mismatch, but sometimes we have to just go with what works. This Bontrager is impressively comfortable to my butt bone. I think I'm more inclined to keep this seat, and change the bars

fluid2150 said:
Finally finished my baby. Went for ride to work and back 40km round Tripp. Brakes where rubbing so readjust, better but still a little bit.

Think I'm done modding now crusing 😁

15487080998442.jpg

Very attractive looking bike fluid. I can appreciate the work you've done on it. I would ride with you anytime.

I hope I'm not becoming a bad influence on Stealth riders. :roll: :twisted: 8)

Rix said:
Its not all about spring rate, shock compression valving can affect how much spring weight is needed. I had one shock with a 550# spring that felt stiffer than the shock that came on my Fighter wich was a 750 pound spring. Bike looks tits man. Glad to see you back on the thread.

It took me a while to snap to what you're saying Rix. That would explain this shock. It feels like it has little compression damping, but it has a heavy spring, and a lot of rebound damping. So far I've only sampled it while pedaling without power. It feels pretty good at low speed, but the jury is still out. For $100 though, it gives me a chance to see how the length works, and that seems pretty good. I didn't want to spend $500 for an Olins, and find out it was too short to work.

If FedEx comes through today I'm going to have a big surprise to show you. If I could only get Buffy out of the house before they get here would make life easier. :wink:

Here's my big surprise. A new 72v 24ah replacement battery made with
Samsung Q30 cells 20s 8p
350x107x138
80 amp BMS with 200 amp burst capability
18.5 kg total weight

I ordered it from Electro Bike World 2 weeks ago on the 16th. I can't tell you exactly how much they're going to cost. because It's a prototype, not on their website yet. I do know that it will come with 1 year warranty, free express shipping, and 4 amp charger. Made in deepest darkest china. My guess is $1200-$1400

The person I talked to was Lindsey Nguyen. https://electrobikeworld.com/t/sondors-e-bike

72v-24ah-Stealth.jpg

I figured it out. It's pretty easy once you get a slight idea what you're supposed to be doing. I like the CA3 a lot. For as complicated as it is, it's pretty easy to navigate. It prompts you through a menu of battery chemistry's. You select the one you have from the list. Then it wants to know what LVC you want, how many cells you have in series, and how many amp hours. I also reset the battery cycle count, and the amp hour counts to zero.

My original stock battery had about 530 cycles, and when through 5493 ah. Maybe slamming it at 50 mph half it's life in 100 degree heat effected it somehow.

I just remembered where the bars came from that I'm using on my bike now. It's been a while, but I don't think I liked them that much. This was Stunner, it's decommissioned now, and I stole a lot of parts off it. That was my favorite seat for my Stealth, but I wore it out, and it broke. You can't buy one like it, or the handle bars. even Felt doesn't sell them except if you buy a whole bike. The bars might work better on the Stealth because it has suspension. Stunner didn't have suspension, but it went 40 mph. Even a little pothole at speed was an adventure to see if you could keep a grip on the bars. That probably won't be a problem now.

Stunner.jpg

Theodore Voltaire said:
Rix said:
Its not all about spring rate, shock compression valving can affect how much spring weight is needed. I had one shock with a 550# spring that felt stiffer than the shock that came on my Fighter wich was a 750 pound spring. Bike looks tits man. Glad to see you back on the thread.

It took me a while to snap to what you're saying Rix. That would explain this shock. It feels like it has little compression damping, but it has a heavy spring, and a lot of rebound damping. So far I've only sampled it while pedaling without power. It feels pretty good at low speed, but the jury is still out. For $100 though, it gives me a chance to see how the length works, and that seems pretty good. I didn't want to spend $500 for an Olins, and find out it was too short to work.

For 100 bucks, thats worth the risk, 500 bucks is very hard to argue if its a crapshoot.

Back