FlipSky 75100 Pro V2

WarrenC

100 µW
Hello everyone, i just placed an order on the "new" 75100 Pro V2 (apparently now the controller supports on/off switch and does not require an external anti spark switch thingy.)

Just wondering, has anyone already bought theirs and tested?
How is the performance, any overheating?
Any changes internally other than the on/off switch?

IMG_9097.jpeg

Not yet, I still have the original version I am tinkering with.

I had been loosely following the thread on the esk8 forum since they have a very in depth review, troubleshooting and custom firmware linked there of the various 75100 and some closely related knockoffs. By all accounts the addition of the aluminum heat sink makes a big difference for performance. Still seems like it needs firmware changes out of the box which is a little ridiculous but that's what you expect from flipsky. They changed their directions on their own website to match some directions from the esk8 thread about phase filters AND that on/off switch feature you mention was a mod that one of the forum members made and posted to the same thread. Obviously someone in the company is watching their customers' work to improve their product and making some changes to the versions after the concept has been proven.

Hello everyone, i just placed an order on the "new" 75100 Pro V2 (apparently now the controller supports on/off switch and does not require an external anti spark switch thingy.)

Just wondering, has anyone already bought theirs and tested?
How is the performance, any overheating?
Any changes internally other than the on/off switch?

View attachment 343246
I have used both the 75100 and the 75100 pro, and I can say that the pro version is definitely an improvement with respect to the heat dissipation. I found the 75100 to overheat after a couple of miles on every journey, ie it cuts the power down and eventually cuts it out too often. The pro version has never given me any problems whatsoever and I’m running a 52v 1500w hub motor on throttle only. Sometimes 10 to 15 miles each way every day.

Has anyone tried to install a gear switch? 1/2/3 for these vesc like a conventional ebike controller?

I would prefer having gears so that i wont overspeed / wheelie everytime i move off..

Gear switch? do you mean speed switch?

I haven't seen a 3 speed switch done for a VESC yet. I have seen some handheld vesc controls (for eSkateboards etc...) have profiles but I think all that logic is in the control unit and not the vesc. When I switched to a vesc; I had been using a 3 speed switch on a different controller but I don't miss it; the throttle control is so tunable I see no need for one anymore in my case. You can try lowering your phase amps or adjusting the throttle curve.

I haven't seen a 3 speed switch on anything but the infineon controllers circa the early 2010's :(

I guess you're the tester now, hehe.

Let us know how it goes with this. In the past i was hesitant to order any thing RC based because it seems like most components in that world are overrated to hell.

Back