gas price thread

still 7 bucks in europe...

Diesel hasnt dropped much, still at $1.00 for a liter of diesel. Gas is up to 70 or 80 cents a liter now. We can only hope the prices keep going higher and higher to get the industry feasting again because the famine sucks.

ZeroEm said:
It's ><US dollar 1.50 for a U.S. Gallon here in San Antonio. Don't buy it myself just look at a sign while biking by.

Yeah me too, I will hope the pump prices and barrel prices go up and up and up and up. Gotta get the industry boooooooming again!

The fingers said:
Now we can blame Russia instead of U No Hoo.
:roll:

Instead of calling out the actual culprits?

94584880.jpg

The fingers said:
Biden? Russia?

The cause of high gas prices is a lot simpler - and a lot closer to home.

"Oil companies’ profits soared to $174bn this year as US gas prices rose . . . Exxon, Chevron, Shell and BP among group of 24 who resisted calls to increase production but doled out shareholder dividends"

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2021/dec/06/oil-companies-profits-exxon-chevron-shell-exclusive

It’s $5.00/gal here. We always seem to be much higher than average in the Bay Area. 100 miles away, where it’s a further from the refinery, the price is always lower. We’re just getting ripped off.

Paying around 3.35/gal here in SLC, UT.

No big deal, i have a Mazda 2 with a couple efficiency upgrades. I get 50mpg on an average day.
I have lived free of 'gas anxiety' for a little over a decade because i chose small cars with manual transmissions, and hypermile them for even better fuel economy. Because i'm an efficiency nut.

This interest in efficiency all started when i paid for $5/gal gas in 2008 in California and never ended.
Gas doesn't have to be cheap for me to want to conserve it. Not getting fleeced at the pump is just a bonus.

The fingers said:
https://abc7.com/national-average-gas-prices-russia-sanctions-price-rises-per-gallon/11592484/
EA961A9E-4A53-4309-BE1F-4624A32DA65C.jpeg

Please keep this political crap off our forum. That's all.

fechter said:
It’s $5.00/gal here. We always seem to be much higher than average in the Bay Area. 100 miles away, where it’s a further from the refinery, the price is always lower. We’re just getting ripped off.

Here in the Netherlands (EU) it is going over €2,20 per liter.
In US dollars per gallon that's around $9,40.... :shock: :?

neptronix said:
Please keep this political crap off our forum. That's all.
Politics is at the root of most key economic issues.
If you want a discussion on gas prices, electricity prices, water shortages, etc etc....then you cannot avoid political references without ignoring. “The Elephant in the room”.

Hillhater said:
Politics is at the root of most key economic issues.
If you want a discussion on gas prices, electricity prices, water shortages, etc etc....then you cannot avoid political references without ignoring. “The Elephant in the room”.

I'm aware, but we need to keep politically divisive memes and rhetoric off this forum while discussing said politics. That will make those political discussions a lot more fruitful, when you take the partisan war edge off.

See this as a reference of what good politics and bad politics look like:
https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=111522

Chalo said:
The fingers said:

Instead of calling out the actual culprits?

94584880.jpg

No wonder people are driving around in big trucks everywhere over there, when fuel are almost for free :shock:
Double the fuelprices and things might start changing.

Yes the gasoline/diesel price hike middle of last decade had that effect of reducing excessive auto traffic. Then the fuel prices went down and people bought larger and larger SUVs and drove more and more wastefully once again.

Hopefully rising fuel prices will have that effect once more.

ridebike.jpg

Back