Golden Motor Magic Pie 3 Hall sensor or Controller Problem

Bublifuk

1 mW
Hi,
I have installed on my bike Magic Pie 3 motor with Magic Controller V2. After around 5000 km I have problem with throttle, or better says it works only without connected Hall sensors. So I tried all possible checks. Hall sensors they seems to be ok. Why? I disassembled motor and check firstly wires. I tried to twitch with them during measurements if there is some bad connection, but all have same resistance all time. Then I check all sensors with magnet. All switch between 0 and 5 Volts. Just one (yellow one) switch to 4,65 V, but in service told me that it is ok. I check also all sequence and it is ok. From the shop, where I bought motor and controller they send me another controller and it behave equally.
So I connect Hall sensor connector again to the controller and it works, nice, smoothly I was very happy. But after may be 10 km, the throttle stopped working again. So I had to, disconnect hall sensors for way back home. At home I just tried without any adjustments connect hall sensors again to the controller and it start to work, but again just for may be 1 kilometer and then it stop working again. When it stop working and I push the throttle the motor just several times starts jerkily, but then there is no response. So I am using my bike without connected Hall sensors because it is my transport vehicle. But I have no idea, where should be problem. I tried also several times reset the controller, but nothing happened. Sorry for my English, hopefully you understand my problem.

Attachments

• Bike prerobeny.jpg
    Bike prerobeny.jpg
    582.4 KB · Views: 302
  • IMG_20220708_194115352.jpg
    IMG_20220708_194115352.jpg
    484 KB · Views: 302
Hi Bublifuk,

If your getting the 2 beeps from the controller when the issue starts. I recommend you take a closer look when testing the motors hall sensors, wiring, and connectors.
Best bet would be as soon as possible after it starts acting up. Back probing on the CONTROLLER side of the hall sensor connector.

This thread may give you some tips on testing…
https://electricbike.com/forum/for...-motor-s-phase-wiring-hall-sensors-and-wiring

Used for reference: https://www.goldenmotor.com/e-Bike-DIY/Cruise Controller User Guide.pdf

Regards,
T.C.

Thank you for your reply. I read all possible treads, which I found already. But, when I have connected Hall sensors, there is no beeps from buzzer after switch on. Only, when I physically disconnect hall sensors, from controller, there are 2 beeps. So, it looks like, that controller, doesn't detect malfunction of sensors, actually there is not any malfunction, because I checked the sensors and every one have 0 or 5 volts, when should have. So I am desperate from it.

Since the error beep doesn't occur right from the start, and only after you unplug the sensors. And all your testing shows no problems... that all sounds good.

Perhaps something in the motor's hall sensor circuitry or wiring is pulling down the 5vdc regulated controller power that other components work off of...

As an example, do you maintain a steady 5vdc supply voltage to the throttle when your motor's hall sensors are plugged in?

Are you doing all this testing after a time of your motor being used and warmed up, as when the problem usually happens? (Intermittent is the worst... :( )

It looks, that the temperature doesn't affect it. Because I had same problem, if there was 10 or 30 degrees outside. The motor was never hot or warm. Just I noticed, that controller short time after switch on is warm, may be 40 degrees but without load. I dont know if it is normal or not. But also another controller which sent me from service is warm too. I will try, if there is steady 5 Volts on throttle too, but it is hard to measure. The throttle is glued together, so I have to broke it to get to pins. Thanks for your reply.

Back