Grinfineon C7240-NC sensored / sensorless problem

davevelo

100 mW
Followed the procedure to set hall mapping to sensored mode as described at ebikes.ca. The setting was successful and the controller functioned normally. However, after cutting the power to the controller and turning it back on, the controller reverted back to the default sensorless mode. HELP!

Changed the default sensorless mode to sensored mode. Results were checked and verified. However, after switching off and back on again, the settings were lost reverting back to sensorless. Anyone have a clue how to fix? Thanks.

made_in_the_alps_legacy said:
How do u know it runs sensored ?

mine is often having the same behavior as u,
so i repeat often that procedure

It's every time for me. The wires are not easily accessible in my Velomobile so it's becoming quite a nuisance. If you roll backward down a hill in sensorless mode and open the throttle, the motor will stutter and won't catch. In my case sensored is an absolute must.

I don't think you need to disconnect any wires for the hall signals sequence to be recognized,
After powering up, i just lift the wheel of the ground and make one go like this (led blinks),
at the second go, the led is steady indicating sensored mode.

I asked ebikes.ca to correct their infos about this model because atm it's $&?!…^~$$

made_in_the_alps_legacy said:
I don't think you need to disconnect any wires for the hall signals sequence to be recognized,
After powering up, i just lift the wheel of the ground and make one go like this (led blinks),
at the second go, the led is steady indicating sensored mode.

I asked ebikes.ca to correct their infos about this model because atm it's $&?!…^~$$

Yes, you are absolutely correct. Although I fail to understand why it's necessary to repeat the procedure every time the controller is turned off. Anyway, it's still a nuisance for me. Should have an eprom or cmos to remember settings or configure using the CA3.

I ran into this type of problem on some generic controller, though I don't remember which one now. Never found a solution for it, but you're right--there should be some way for it to "remember" the setting.

If it is a wire you jumper to make it sensored vs sensorless, then that should always just work.

But if it's a "learning" wire you jumper just to make it learn the phase/hall combination, you can't leave it connected, so in that case it should remember it. if it doesn't, from the very beginning, I guess it's a design flaw. If it did at first and stops remembering later, it sounds like a failure of the controller, that might be fixable, or might require replacement. :(

If it only forgets when powered off it might be inconvenient but livable, but if it forgets while actually riding, that would need repair/replacement.

If it is a learning wire that is jumpered to make it work again after powering off, you could just add a switch for it, somewhere conveniently located for where you can lift the wheel to let it learn and then start your ride.

Back