GT i-drive 2.0 Build

Afternoon delight, rear

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

GCinDC said:
can't stop thinking about hyena tho...
Dude, I'm married, and straight... :lol:

Thanks though, I appreciate the concern. I know alot of people watch your videos (and mine) from the sidelines but having now had my wings clipped I'm joining the ranks of enthusiastic followers who live vicariously through your videos

Hyena said:
I'm joining the ranks of enthusiastic followers who live vicariously through your videos
thanks! glad to hear it. i just got something that might serve to make them more interesting...
IMG_20110707_162518-1.jpg
still testing... this will take some fiddling to get right...

What exactly are we looking at?

Ambrose

ambroseliao said:
What exactly are we looking at?
Green-screen background for chroma-key compositing.

challenging w/ one person, no lighting, wide angle, and only 20 min, etc, but see if you can see which scene is composited:
[youtube]vtG8bgSwLso[/youtube]
orginal borrowed clip from http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Ws_C658sfw

unrelated to the green screen, i've told the kids not to touch the rear tire - but here her flip flop hits it by accident:
[youtube]V_XBXSDaOe4[/youtube]
oops, not sure how that last scene got in there. :roll:

GCinDC said:
i just got something that might serve to make them more interesting...
Heh awesome. Do you have it for another purpose or specifically for your ebike videos ?

I've written a script for a short story I want to make but I won't be shooting any footage for a while now :|

I take it you ducted onto that trail incase that siren was signalling you to stop ? :twisted:

Hyena said:
Do you have it for another purpose or specifically for your ebike videos ?
My oldest son likes star wars, so it will help get him and his light saber in outer space. It's an open question whether he'll be on the dark side tho. :lol:

I saw the giant green screen for cheap, so snagged it, but realize I really need to set up a studio space to use it effectively. I rolled it on a 10' section of 3/4" copper pipe, ran a string through it and hung it from speakers in the living room. But I think you can appreciate the fact the misses was not enthusiastic about the new arrangement. I may have more control over the space in the garage. :twisted: More mounts for lights, etc. The third floor was the other alternative, but I can't be dragging the bike up there.... Nope, the garage it will be. (helped to write that out! :lol: )

Hyena said:
I take it you ducted onto that trail incase that siren was signalling you to stop ? :twisted:
Thought it might appear that way. :lol: In actual fact, I was following a slow ambulance for a mile, which was boring, and I had an extra minute before picking up the kids. It's wicked steep w/ some hairpin turns, but if I practice, I may be able to take it like a man. I'd love to go bombing down a hill through the woods but I really need big nobbies, and would love dual wheel drive (or an RC setup?). Anyway, I discovered that that path joins the other steep one, right at the bridge where I wiped. And when I got to the bottom I quietly passed the two park rangers to reach the street.

Hey Greg, your front rim is wobble and Look like you will need adjustment spokes.

yeah, it was going up those steps, i think. will true them soon.

sat pm sanity ride. went to the bmx track. bummed to see no one, nor any sign of usage. my bike is just too big for it, or i'm just too chicken for the steep jumps. anyway, i rolled around it so you could see... then home via trails.
[youtube]FGWCoi0cG4Y[/youtube]

Ypedal said:
at the .50 mark, those spokes look rough lol...
yeah, does look rough, but the rear spokes are straight. that curve is due entirely to gopro. TD might know the name for the wide angle distortion whatever effect. :wink: :lol:

thanks, FT. i was thinking the same thing after remf's vid. i'm sure i can get lots of cool shots just holding the camera out... but i suck at jumps and traffic, etc one-handed :lol:

so that brings us back to a boom of sorts, and then there are other issues, like traffic, bushes, pedestrians... IF i'm gonna commute w/ it. i really need to make a type of wrist mount though, that can also serve on the leg. one of the best angles was foot mounted (and off the pedal).

there are more possibilities with a boom or pole coming out of my backpack, but i need to be able to control it so i don't need to worry about it...

i can do a timelapse one too, like one frame per sec, then compiled 24fps? i suspect it might look the same if it took regular (60 fps) footage and sped it up 24x60=1440x? :lol:

meanwhile, my obsession w/ jumps continues. i stopped here on my morning commute to consider this 5 footer:
View attachment 1

i'd rather have more space at the bottom... might need a lookout. but it's fairly close to home if the bike or i end up in pieces.

i'll definitely need to lower my seat, which is too high to accommodate the beam rack, which i only need in the wet.

i'll need a bit more courage too. looks pretty friggin high from up top. 6 steps felt high, and at ~7" per step, that's only 3.5'.

i'm not in a rush, and i've got to work on my spokes, etc first. (and after, lol)

Well hello there!

5 feet aint no joke. The frame and suspension aren't made for that kind of drop from concrete to concrete with no transition. You may blow a seal trying that drop unless you do it smooth. I broke my upper suspension bolt on my old idrive frame with less.

thanks, john. i hear you. i'm thinking that bolt is the weakest link. was your electric? ie, weighed down like mine? i'm really curious what the thresholds are. is there anything scientific? or written up in specs? any bikes/frames/shocks that can take 5'? i know a couple others who are curious too...

anyway, a little hop near the prospective 5 footer:
[youtube]h-we9YJ2FG4[/youtube]
ps. all my vids will be under 20 seconds from now on... :lol: (just kidding)

GCinDC said:
Get well soon, Hyena!
[youtube]ed6GID6yCh0[/youtube]
the international youth hostel is right nearby.

HAHA e-bike upskirt comp..i think Hyenas might still be in front
he captured some 'gappage' when the lasses skirt fluttered up
Yours is definitely up there though g-bangin ladies FTW :p

KiM

LOL! you hilarious KiM....... Good capture, Don't let this lady see your video or you will ending up lawsuit violated her privacy rights. hehe :lol:

chroot said:
Don't let this lady see your video or you will ending up lawsuit violated her privacy rights. hehe :lol:
Most of my vids, certainly this one and all the ones I'm doing stupid stuff on my bike will not be made public. I keep them 'unlisted' and post them here for (on average) 35-45 of you loyal followers to watch... :wink:

Perfectly, Then your safe. :lol:

When I broke mine, it was just me riding it around like a hooligan. All 135lbs of me (at the time) plus bike weight, no electric or anything fancy.

:D always nice to see a little bit of cheek! ha ha nice video he he, I think the chances of the lady in question seeing the footage is pretty low mate, you cant go round wearing short skirts like that as you leave yourself open to the many ebike hooligans with high definition cameras mounted level with the pavement :wink:

There was a guy in my town who strapped mirrors to his shoes to do something similar :lol: Im not sure images of ladies junk is that flattering, the Britney pictures were anything other than sexy to be honest, ha ha keep them coming, you got that camera on an angle bracket? you need to angle it up and go start asking for directions :lol: cmon we gotta keep jays packer up :wink:

Back