help!! 5000w 72v

David tucker

1 µW
I bought a 5000w ebike brand new
5000w hub
Controller 80a
Battery - upp battery 72v either a 19/20ah 60a
Ukc1 screen
Been working for couple days but now power protection has gone on (8H)
I just want to know if it’s the battery isn’t strong enough so what battery would I need ?
72v 29ah 80a ??

Good thing you're no longer running the battery beyond it's absolute maximum, and the controller stopped you from doing that. An overheated lithium battery is the fastest way to a huge fire.

I would never run a controller at the maximum amps either, most cheap chinese batteries' ratings are also overrated. They're typically burst ratings and not continuous ratings.

You always want to buy a battery with a significantly more amp output than advertised if you're not buying a high quality battery to counteract the dishonesty of these sellers.

Good thing you're no longer running the battery beyond it's absolute maximum, and the controller stopped you from doing that. An overheated lithium battery is the fastest way to a huge fire.

I would never run a controller at the maximum amps either, most cheap chinese batteries' ratings are also overrated. They're typically burst ratings and not continuous ratings.

You always want to buy a battery with a significantly more amp output than advertised if you're not buying a high quality battery to counteract the dishonesty of these sellers.
I appreciate the response, I have charged the bike and going to see what it does tomorrow
Tomrrow will try get photo up and there’s a more of an understanding . Any recommendations for a good battery , would even be better if there’s recommended shops to purchase Battery

Back