• Howdy! we're looking for donations to finish custom knowledgebase software for this forum. Please see our Funding drive thread

HELP! how do you open a rear bafang pmgr motor

dazzassj6

100 W
HELP! how do you open a rear bafang pmgr(SWXB) motor with 6 speed freewheel on???

I was going to take off the freewheel with a freewheel remover but the removal tool's hole is 2mm too small for the axle shaft to fit through it!

There is 10 screws on the motor, and im thinking the since the freewheel attaches to the motor's thread, would it be possible to unscrew the screws and pull the lid and the freewheel off ?

If not then is there any other way of opening the motor? I have trouble looking for a removal tool which can fit thru that axle.

please help thanks

Yes! Either take off the screws and the freefweel comes with the cover, and/or drill out the freewheel remover hole till it fits over the axle/ Make sure there are no nuts on the freewherel side of the axle and it comes right off! You will still need to modify the remover to work on any bike motor that U want to change the freewheel! they do sell modified freewheel removers! I is tough metal, and I used a drillpress and carbide bit! Carbide Dremel might work!
otherDoc

thanks doc!

Back