Help! Phase leads broke off copper attachment

Torek

10 µW
I was swapping out phase wires and on one of them it broke so close to the stator I can’t grab anymore copper to attach the new phase wire Any idea on how to reattach the phase lead back to the copper end ?!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 19
Your picture isn't very clear to show what's going on, but if you have at least 1/4" of wire left, you can remove the varnish, put a sleeve over the bare copper and solder that. Stress relieve it with a glob of hi temp epoxy,

Looks like it broke off bending around the stator tooth and did not break off where the winding wire is soldered to the phase wires.
If it did break off at the end of the winding wire, and it didnt break too far, solder all the strands together with a 180/220w Weller iron with the biggest tip available, and some really decent, quality heat sink rated for hotter temperatures of inside the hub motor.
If its one strand of solid copper wire bending around the stator tooth, it might be saved, a good Youtube search would be in order because I've never seen that repair done.

Can you unwind just that one phase, 1-2 turns, until you have enough copper to resolder something? Then wind it back up?

Can you unwind just that one phase, 1-2 turns, until you have enough copper to resolder something? Then wind it back up?
That’s what I was thinking but can’t figure out where to pull that end out of I feel like ima break another section of it trying to slide it out the other side , I was able to crimp a sleeve and drown it in solder and attach the new lead to it just putting it back together now

Looks like it broke off bending around the stator tooth and did not break off where the winding wire is soldered to the phase wires.
If it did break off at the end of the winding wire, and it didnt break too far, solder all the strands together with a 180/220w Weller iron with the biggest tip available, and some really decent, quality heat sink rated for hotter temperatures of inside the hub motor.
If it’s one strand of solid copper wire bending around the stator tooth, it might be saved, a good Youtube search would be in order because I've never seen that repair done.
No it broke right where it’s connected to the phase wire

Your picture isn't very clear to show what's going on, but if you have at least 1/4" of wire left, you can remove the varnish, put a sleeve over the bare copper and solder that. Stress relieve it with a glob of hi temp epoxy,
let me just ask this, the copper is reeeally short is it possible to just solder the phase right on top of where the previous copper end came out of ?

You have to get the enamel/varnish off the wire so it will take solder. Small nail file. Then if it's clean, slip a sleeve (from the inside of a crimp) over it. Put your extension in the other end of the sleeve. Solder up,

Back