Help with wiring diagram for 2X3S to 6S adaptation

Obiwan007

1 kW
So the big 6S 8000mah Zippy Lipos have apparently been discontinued due to shipping restrictions. Problem is, I need to replace the batteries on my first two builds and it is a very specific fit when it comes to the form factor. So my solution is to combine two 3S 8000mah batteries in series. Since these use the exact same size cells, it will result in an identical fit for me. Now for the balance lead issue so that i can continue to charge as I always have. So each battery has a 3S charge lead (4 wires) coming out and I want to adapt these into a 6S Jst which I already have (male ends with bare wires). I figured I would just cut the 3s wires from the batteries and solder/shrink them in order to the 6S plugs I have. What order should these be connected in? I thought I would just do it like these from HK:

That configuration looked like it should do the trick until I read some of the reviews that had what seemed like horror stories about connecting it wrong and frying stuff. Some also mentioned cutting the center red wire to avoid a nameless problem that might cause the earth to tilt off axis. What gives here. Do any sphericals know for sure how this should go? I'm using an iCharger 603B with a para-board. I sure wish someone could explain this to me or perhaps show a diagram. Thanks, Obiwan

Buy the adapters when they are avail.(also on Ebay).
It's when they are like a 4S + 4S + 4S that I had to do, that things get complicated.
The key thing when you make your own;
Electricity "flows" neg. to pos. and the red bal. must match the red main(to controller) and the first black bal. must match the neg. main(to controller) And yes, the 2 center wires combine.

Back