How can i check if the battery works?

alexscard

10 W
My ebike stopped to work. I thought it was the controller, i bought a new one, but it still doesn't start at all. Between the red and black of the battery i have 75V, but i try to power a lamp or the iron, or the phone charger, nothing works.. What test could i do to understand for sure if the battery works or doesn't?

alexscard said:
My ebike stopped to work. I thought it was the controller, i bought a new one, but it still doesn't start at all. Between the red and black of the battery i have 75V, but i try to power a lamp or the iron, or the phone charger, nothing works.. What test could i do to understand for sure if the battery works or doesn't?
You should test the voltage under load with a voltmeter, but if you can't do that then not sure how else to test. I saw this on another thread, but seems unconventional, plus it was only at 50 volts. Not recommended, there's probably other things to try first.
https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=111310&hilit=lick

Measure the voltage while attaching the iron, charger or any load and see if it stays at 75v or drops to zero.
If the voltage drops to zero under a load, it most likely indicates the BMS is tripped.

Can you open the battery enough to measure the individual cell group voltages? If any cell group is below the cutoff voltage, the BMS trips to protect the cell from over discharge. Normally it should reset by itself once the fault condition has cleared.

Some BMS units have a hard time resetting. I've seen some that need to have the P- breifly connect to the C- terminal to get reset.

You could also try charging it overnight to see if it will reset.

Back