M5 Display - setting magnets and PAS sensitivity

Cyclomania

10 kW
So I have an M5 display, a 17mah controller(compatible with 36v and 48v) and a 36 volt battery on my ebike.

It was originally a 48 volt battery on it but I switched it out. Everything is working fine now. But I want the PAS to help me for a longer period. When it kicks in.

It is now kicking in pretty well. I've set the PAS sensitivity (m5 setting 11) to 4. So it kicks in pretty fast when I pedal. But it gives me a strong but short burst of power, and then it stops giving me power. So the throttle is much nicer to use. SInce it gives power continually.

Is this PAS sensitivity also in charge of how long the PAS is giving the bike power for? How do I make it last for longer when it kicks in? Should I set the PAs sensitivity higher or something?

Also, when I was tinkering I by mistake changed the 13-setting which is for magnets of the motor. I cannot remember what this was set to from the beginning.
So could you help me understand, from my pictures, how many magnets is in my motor somehow? Not sure how to figure this out. The number of magnets I mean. Display setting is set to 5 now but not sure if I have 5, 8 or 12 magnets so I appreciate the help figuring this out.

Thanks

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 4
  • 2.png
    2.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 5
  • 3.png
    3.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 5
  • 4.png
    4.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 5
I think I got confused and thought they meant I had a KT controller since they recommended a PAS sensor on the left side compatible with KT.

But now I realise the actual controller is not KT. But I have ordered a PAS that is KT.

Yeah mybad, I selected that ad as it was in the first few google threw back at me and the ID contained the '12' and the 'L', indicating side to use and magnet count, Ha. A pas sensor of that design is a pas sensor of that design, not brand specific.

Display units however can be very picky about which controllers they will talk to or visa versa.. so general advice is to always buy as a pair, perhaps that's why your concerned about brand selection?

Yeah mybad, I selected that ad as it was in the first few google threw back at me and the ID contained the '12' and the 'L', indicating side to use and magnet count, Ha. A pas sensor of that design is a pas sensor of that design, not brand specific.

Display units however can be very picky about which controllers they will talk to or visa versa.. so general advice is to always buy as a pair, perhaps that's why your concerned about brand selection?
Yeah precisely. The one I have ordered is this one anyway:

Have you taken a close look at your existing sensor? It may just need cleaning.
Opening may be destructive. it was this end, tho i will admit to being a tad hot n bothered at the time so perhaps with gentler handling it may be possible?

The new PAS sensor has arrived and it seems to be working on the bike. Any idea why this did work but not the old type? Must have been something wrong with the actual PAS sensor? Or are KT-pas sensors overall more compatible with other systems which is why it worked ?

Good to hear the problem is sorted.. No idea about the old sensor, best guess, and it is a just a guess, is perhaps the cable was flexed once too often and started to develop an intermittent break in one of the wires?? just like every printer problem if you dont check the cable its always the bloody cable..

Which specific type of output does it have? There are several ways they can work, some examples here:

Not all of them are intercompatible with all controllers; depends on whether the controller can understand the signal, or has all the right wires to connect and accept it.

Back