Max charge current to have balance on?

i suppose a lot of this all depends on the balance wires awg.

ive seen 200ma as the max current in/out while balance charging on a few chargers now.

this isnt suprising when you see the max amps for 28awg wire (around 200ma).

ive seen as big as 22awg used for rc battery balance wires...but that still is only 1A current.

my guess is....the above. combined with something to do with efficiency or lost time, maybe protection of smaller capacity cells.

Dependent on the size of the balance wire gauge and how much it can handle.
Then at one point it will become unpractical to have 8, 10 or 12 awg wires as balance wires.
If a grouping of cells of 10s seriesed first then paralleled (like tool pack battery bricks) the 25r can take 20a, so that 10s grouping can take 200a of discharge if your wires are capable. Assuming the charge rate is the same, thats 200a charge rate to that grouping. Thats welder gauge wire.

Its all about practicality.

rg12 said:
In the new version they have added so many useless settings, I think they have doubled the amount of settings with bs no one needs.
A setting for when it beeps on low voltage and then another setting for an even lower voltage alarm, like a level2 alarm while both have a release voltage to stop the alarm and they have applied that logic to half the settings so everything has a level 2 and a release level 2 setting.
They have LVC by cell and then also by total voltage, and then LVC by cell release and then of course an LVC total voltage release.
So much bs it's impossible.
Like they wanted to seem complex and high tech so they added nonsense settings.
Even for passwords they have 5 levels of passwords and one to go above everything, like 6 passwords!
Someone needs to shoot that dumb engineer who thought he was so brilliant by doing so.

Is there a setting to be able to 0 calibrate the shunts?
I have a 32s bms that I have modified and moved the shunts, now it reads like it is charging 0.7A when there is no charge or discharge. (I dont know if it was right from the start, I never tested it before modification)

Back