Motor not kicking in

Harrydog45

1 µW
Hi ive got an ancheer mountain bike and i have not used for a few months its been in the garage anyway i went to use the other day and charged battery , on display it shows full and the battery itself has 3 green lights showing so i think battery is good , although not charged for a while , i was told it could be brake sensors but i really dont know what im looking for , i checked the wiring in control box on frame and all wiring seems ok
Could anyone shed some more light on this problem
Any help gratefully accepted x

There's no reason to believe the battery is good. If the state of charge display is connected directly to the pack leads rather than the BMS output, then it will display according to the total pack voltage. But if even one cell group is out of voltage limits, the BMS will cut off the discharge port.

Cheap horrible BMS tends to run off of just one or a couple of cell groups, and over time it beats those few cells down out of balance. That may or may not apply to your pack.

Put the battery in a fire safe location and charge it for a few days. This will allow a balancing BMS to bring low groups up to the same voltage as the others, as long as they're not so low as to cause the BMS to prevent charging.

Last edited:
If it's not a weak battery, then it's usually a bad connector. Plug/unplug any visible connector you see. Does the Ancheer use a motor connector?

Add a picture of the bike next time. Does it have a throttle? Does it have walk assist mode? Only like a bazillion no name inexpensive ebikes out there.

If it's not a weak battery, then it's usually a bad connector. Plug/unplug any visible connector you see. Does the Ancheer use a motor connector?

All the Ancheer bikes I've had the misfortune of working on had no motor plugs until you break into the controller box. It makes flat fixes a real friggin' joy. To save the manufacturer how much? Grrr.

They're the canonical E-BSO. Vaguely e-bike shaped.

Back