Need input on my next build..........

gwhy! said:
Scorpa are due to release a E-Trick bike in the summer.......
But do seem to be a tad under powered to be a real fun bike................

Perhaps it's so that it comes under the "Low-Powered Moped" category in the E.U. ?

Miles said:
gwhy! said:
Scorpa are due to release a E-Trick bike in the summer.......
But do seem to be a tad under powered to be a real fun bike................

Perhaps it's so that it comes under the "Low-Powered Moped" category in the E.U. ?

of course your right .. but then its down to marketing. It will be great for the daily commute to and from work but not a serious off road fun bike. That rider in the vid is a very good trials rider and I would have thought he would have been a guy that can really show boat it for all its worth. Its a bit of a contradiction "E-Trick bike" but what going on here will be in another league :D hopefully.

Wow another crazy project already Matt :D
Looks like your on a roll...
Cant wait to see this one too.
good luck

Max

p.s. For the most fun you should really convert a small dual suspension. BMXs tend to be sorta harsh when you get over 25 :wink:

Well, let's see.........

All the parts I have in hand or on order;

SE PK Ripper Team frame
Echo trials fork
Hope MX4 piston brakes
trials hubs (36 spoke)
Sun Big City 34mm wide front rim
Nimbus 44mm wide rear rim (both rims in black)
Black spokes
bare aluminum Echo FW cranks
Trials half link style chains for pedal and drive side (SWEET looking!)
FMF black CNC pedals with machined edges
Black seat post
Black titanium railed, thin upholstered seat
Motor
ESC
My drive unit (single stage anodized black with decorative machining after anodizing)
CF panel to make my own wild numberplate

I think all I need is a stem, bars and grips to finish the build. Oh, I need a battery too. THat will wait till the very end. I will be going with a super high C rating Lipo. I am leaning toward a 3 or 4 AH 12S 30C pack to save weight. This bike needs to be very light and will not see long rides. I am hoping to keep it well under 40 pounds. My target is 38 pounds AUW.

I will start a build thread on the bike when I get it all here.

Matt

Hey, that was my idea! I love the carbon fiber beam connected to a solid frame, is that steel? One of those beams coming off Matt's frame would be bulletproof. I predict that the Ebike will come full force this year. Can't wait to see everyone's builds this summer.

Aluminum.
I saw it on CL and picked it up off some old guy today.

Jokes aside I am going to build a super-light road bike
(super light by my standards. . . i.e. not a 150lb 13KW downhill bike on 3" tires)

This thing will save my back. Any kind of pure hard tail trashes my body.

I am going to go with some kind of really light motor with that tiny new ecrazyman brushless controller that is the size of a credit card.
12S lipo at only 5Ah

Stealth

I plan to actually pedal this time :mrgreen:

-methods

miles, great find! i've got one of those softride stems.
a little far fetched but maybe you could harness the vibrations from your softride for regen:

In his project, “Development of a Vibration Energy Harvesting
Device Based on an Asymmetric Air-spaced Cantilever,” Charles researched and
developed a prototype for renewable battery power that harvests energy from
mechanical vibrations. Charles found that by using asymmetric air-spaced cantilevers,
mechanical energy present in the environment could generate AC voltage. The
magnitude of the AC voltage generated is substantial and helps to increase the
efficiency when converting the AC voltage into DC voltage. His prototype can be used
as a primary power source in wireless structural monitoring sensors for bridges,
implantable medical devices, tire pressure monitoring systems and portable devices.

http://presskit.ditd.org/2008_Davidson_Fellows_Press_Kit/2008_DF_Charles_Zhang.pdf

I just built up my first wheel (well first in 25 years!). It went really well. Took me about an hour and 15 minutes to get it built and trued.

I will start a complete build thread on my bike soon. :D

Matt

recumpence said:
I just built up my first wheel (well first in 25 years!). It went really well. Took me about an hour and 15 minutes to get it built and trued.

I will start a complete build thread on my bike soon. :D

Matt

Well done Matt :) Piss easy when you know how aintz it hehee

:?: :mrgreen:

cough,splutter,cough,cough,cough,

Man this thread is dusty!!! :mrgreen:

D

Hmm, bumpin my thread hoping for some pics and info, huh?

You will just ahve to wait. :mrgreen:

I may give some teaser shots of the bike before it is finished, or I may start a build thread before it is running. But, if I do, it will not be untill the bike is mechanically finished.

I have roughly 20 to 30 hours of labor left in this 100 hour project.

Besides, one of my motors will not be in untill next week. :wink:

Once the mechanical end is done, I have about 15 hours of wiring to do. I may start a thread when I am down to the electrical...........

Matt

well i tried :mrgreen:

yes looking forward to it immensely, i expect class!!
I call off my picture hounds ;p
btw are you still ok to provide me with extra bearing tube? i'm not sure i'll need it yet but nice to know it's there.
best of luck with the build, next few months should really yeald some awesome ebikes :)

Cheers,

D

Back