new eZip motor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bro, your in luck, surely they have the same somewhere closer to order from. Not sure if they allow shipping through mail.
Lithium Battery (Lith-Ex) Fire Extinguishers
https://www.safefiredirect.co.uk/fire-extinguishers-equipment/lithium-ion-battery-fire-extinguishers.aspx

To test out the capacity, you could just use some power resistors and measure how much is pulled out until you reach a certain voltage. Those RC chargers do discharge but cant remember if the cheaper ones measure or not.

download (5).png

That is more up my price range.

Not sure if LiPo is worth the risk when I can build a large 18650 pack.

Thanks.

LC. out.

"Honest" 750w gear reduction brushless motor. (with metal gears)

Honest 750w

Same stats, 48v 20a, as previous 1000w rated motor.
750w motor, listed above, comes with a matched 33a controller for a robust 1584w input, which gives great hill climbing torque!
600rpm offers lightweight small gear options.

Just spotted another scam!
"1800w" motor\controller with the exact same input as the "honest" 750w.

1800w scam

48v x 33A = 1584 max possible motor input and, @ 90% efficiency, 1426w max motor output ... under absolute optimal conditions

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LPmHdIDJ3l4&feature=youtu.be

IMG_0486.jpgIMG_0487.jpgIMG_0488.jpg

I will be building two more 1S - 10P packs and will run them all in series for a 12V or 3S - 10P pack. 30 total cells.

I will need to replace the tip of the soldering iron. Also will need more solder and electrical tape.

Before I order another motor I need to order a lot of 200 - 18650 cells and start building 1S - 6Ps - 13 in series will be 78 cells with a BMS.

Two will be 13S - 12P and 156 cells.

Let me know what you think ?

Thanks

LC. out.

Brand name cells @ 45cents each - slightly and gently used, prepackaged as 3s

13s12p = 46.8v 26.4Ah - (54.6v charged) 52.8A continuous output (1.235kwh)
would recommend instead ...
14s12p = 50.4V 26.4Ah - (58.8v charged) 52.8A continuous output (1.33kwh)
Though personally, I'd go,
15s 12p = 54V 26.4Ah - (63v charged) 52.8A continuous output (1.425kwh) for performance and reduced charge voltage, for max life
(4.1V charge = 61.5V 200% life, 4.0V charge = 60V 400% life)

YES.

I was looking for battery backup as saw a great deal similar to that awhile ago.

It was battery hookup and they have awesome deals.

I will be ordering a lot of those.

As far as voltage goes I like the 10S option for normal cruising and 12S for 40 mph. I am looking for a 48V controller rated at a minimum of 45 amps.

Most of the 3 kilowatt brushless motors are rated at 60V and 4,800 rpm.

Gearing for 4.800 rpm for a 26" wheel is most difficult if not impossible without a custom sprocket.

If I am patient and wait until February Electric scooter parts will have the 72 tooth - 8mm freewheel sprockets in stock and wont have to pay double or more for a custom sprocket.

Thanks.

LC. out.

Attachments

• download (11).png
    download (11).png
    13 KB · Views: 414
  • download (13).png
    download (13).png
    14.1 KB · Views: 414
  • download (14).png
    download (14).png
    13 KB · Views: 414
Caps have standardized voltages, 48V controllers would have 63V caps.

Immortality is not a dream but the future of our evolution. We were given the tools to forge our own destiny. We were created in gods image and shall evolve to live forever.
Many scientists view ageing\deterioration\death as a flaw in our genes.
I think it more likely to be programmed obsolescence.

cool.

Since I have two 6S LiPo chargers then it would make sense to build two very large 6S packs and run them in series for 40 mph when I get the 3 kilowatt brushless motor. I still have the old 6S packs and could probably get a few good runs out of them but for decent range need to build high capacity packs. Not sure what voltage cutoff is on a 48V controller. it would be nice if I could run the 10S - 36V packs I got and switch to 12S - 44V for 40 mph.

HOWEVER. I might take everyone's advice and skip 40 mph for awhile as the 36V - 1,000W motor I already ordered would run

download (15).png

Should be good for close to 35 mph at 50V as it would be almost 1,400W.

1,000 ' 36 * 50 = 1,388W.

4.15V * 12 = 49.8V.

Usually Lithium batteries are charged at 4.2V per cell but later settle to around 4.15V so is safe to say 50V is possible for a 12S pack if they are new and large capacity. = or > 10P. Older and lower capacity. Only 37 or 38V after voltage SAG.

Thanks.

LC. out.

latecurtis said:
cool.

Since I have two 6S LiPo chargers then it would make sense to build two very large 6S packs and run them in series for 40 mph when I get the 3 kilowatt brushless motor. I still have the old 6S packs and could probably get a few good runs out of them but for decent range need to build high capacity packs. Not sure what voltage cutoff is on a 48V controller. it would be nice if I could run the 10S - 36V packs I got and switch to 12S - 44V for 40 mph.

Thanks.

LC. out.
12s x 3.6V = 43.2V
48V controllers typically shut down at 40-41V
6s batteries gives limited-restricted performance with 24V controllers, - (thoroughly tested in various configurations!)
similarly,
12s batteries gives limited-restricted performance with 48V controllers!
Though, premature safety restriction has likely saved many of your batteries from destruction?

LC, have you ever measured the tire diameter? Not what it says on the tire but measure the tire mounted to get the real dia. Or how about the circumference to get a real Speedo speed? All things do figure into gear ratios and actual speed.

I will say, that your solder joints do look better, a lot. You need to solder cells real fast, since the heat destroys them.

Dan

Solid strand copper wire not appropriate for applications where there will be vibration or repeated manipulation so tie everything down securely and don't let them move around.

Solid core wire is ok for temporary use but I'd replace with stranded wire as soon as you can, and before you forget that you used solid core wire.

Untitled.png

IMG_0489.jpg

I have two balance LiPo chargers so can charge them quick.

I am looking at using 6S balance plugs and skipping the BMS. If I run a power meter I wont go low in voltage. Also for short circuit protection I could wire these with two female bullet connecters. One with red tape and one with black and run two male bullets from the controller also with red and black tape to avoid reverse polarity.

Note the rows on the far right. Those are 1S - 5P for an in series hook up to run 13S. --- 4.15 settling voltage after a full charge. 4.15 * 13 = 53.95V. After voltage SAG it is safe to assume 52V.

The 36V - 1,000W motor should put out 1,444W.

A 3 killowatt brushless motor rated at 60V should pump out 2,600W

3,000 / 60 * 52 = 2,600.

Thanks.

LC. out.

But that 1444 watts would be illegal Curtis is late
:lol:
Especially in NY
:wink:
Do you like Dunkin Donuts?
They arent in Canada, they left 2 years ago because everyone buys from Tim Hortons. Its all about the Timbits, Timmies as its affectionately called by true Canadians, Timmies sells the center of the donut, along with the donut called a Timbit. No waste! And not fresh by any standard, everything is freshly frozen from central warehouse, dough, soups, bread, meats. The only thing fresh would be tomato and lettuce.
:thumb:
Domino's is just another pizza joint.
But that hill you were talking about I dont know how long ago, by the bike shop, that doesnt look to bad. But you sure could have some fun along those double tracks out behind the shop so long as the fuzzies dont hassle ya.

Well either way, I would build a camouflaged ebike, not sure how the fuzzies in small towns in NY operate.

latecurtis said:

I don't live in NY.

Been in central Ohio over a year and a half now.

Cops don't really bother e bikes. Got gas powered bikes and mini bikes riding around with no pedal.

Probably ordering a second 36V - 1,000 watt motor for the front of the Currie if I can swap for BMX handle bars.

Lets see how the 750 watt gear reduction motor goes on the 26" dual suspension first. I need that bike built before the Currie. I still have to take the 1,000W motor to the bike shop to get the rim fixed.

I wish I lived in Canada but stuck here in this mess. The USA is supposed to be the greatest country in the world. It is not. It is over rated. A total lack of leadership. I doubt it will be considered a free country much longer.

It is defiantly NOT the land of the proud and the brave. I see a bunch of scared mice hiding , NOT real men. China is destroying us by making everybody sick with a bio - weapon and we all sit here and do nothing. We make excuses for them awhile everyone gets sick and dies.

Long gone are the glory days where men settled their differences on the battle field. That was population control. The Vikings , the Romans and Ottoman Empire were a time of bravery. Todays battle field is in the hospitals where poor old people have to get euthanized for population control because everyone is scared to death of war. It is really tragic.

All I can do is pray for a nuclear war so it all ends quick. If I could launch the war heads I would. Right at main land China.

Thanks.

LC. out.

latecurtis said:
It is defiantly NOT the land of the proud and the brave. I see a bunch of scared mice hiding , NOT real men.
You forget the gullible masses proud to stand with Trump and "brave" enough to not wear masks at his superspreader rallys?

latecurtis said:
China is destroying us by making everybody sick with a bio - weapon and we all sit here and do nothing. We make excuses for them awhile everyone gets sick and dies.
China became infected and fairly quickly squashed the epidemic. Unfortunately, foreign governments pressured China into letting their citizens return home to their various countries, spreading and creating a pandemic!

latecurtis said:
Long gone are the glory days where men settled their differences on the battle field. That was population control. The Vikings , the Romans and Ottoman Empire were a time of bravery. Todays battle field is in the hospitals where poor old people have to get euthanized for population control because everyone is scared to death of war. It is really tragic.
Yeah ... gone are the "good ole days" when countries would use the dimwitted, derelicts, alcoholics, misfits, deviants, criminals etc. as cannon fodder, put them to good use as fertilizer ...

Your 36V 1000w motor (scam alert!) is rated at 36v 30A for 1080watt input x 80% efficiency for ~850w usable output. If you find a 30A+ controller.

My bad, from your posts I swear I found that location. Street name, bicycle store name at the bottom of a hill, backed up with comments about NY but that must've been page 208 or 213 out of 247, so yeah a year and a half ago. If only you could go back in time huh. Well whether it be Ohio or near 10 miles from Albany I've never been to neither so far. As far as ebiking goes, I may buy a front hub kit for $220 from a source. Should do it before the Christmas rush. Keep eyes peeled for online classifieds, always a motor or kit come up every now and then, the diy kits on bikes show up on there more frequently now.

latecurtis said:
I don't live in NY.

Been in central Ohio over a year and a half now.

Cops don't really bother e bikes. Got gas powered bikes and mini bikes riding around with no pedal.

Probably ordering a second 36V - 1,000 watt motor for the front of the Currie if I can swap for BMX handle bars.

Lets see how the 750 watt gear reduction motor goes on the 26" dual suspension first. I need that bike built before the Currie. I still have to take the 1,000W motor to the bike shop to get the rim fixed.

I wish I lived in Canada but stuck here in this mess. The USA is supposed to be the greatest country in the world. It is not. It is over rated. A total lack of leadership. I doubt it will be considered a free country much longer.

It is defiantly NOT the land of the proud and the brave. I see a bunch of scared mice hiding , NOT real men. China is destroying us by making everybody sick with a bio - weapon and we all sit here and do nothing. We make excuses for them awhile everyone gets sick and dies.

All I can do is pray for a nuclear war so it all ends quick. If I could launch the war heads I would. Right at main land China.

Thanks.

LC. out.

WOW.

I guess they have some deals.

Only issue I see would be shipping cost.

I will call them during business hours on Monday.

Dan. You said you owned one or two of the e bikeling 500W hub motors like I have. Have you also ran the Bafang geared hub motors ? I never did and most were rated < 500W.

What is the performance difference between the two ? Also you said that you could not get parts for the e bikeling motors, I know the e bileling kit is close to 200 and spent 174 on the 26" but got the first 700c for 134 bucks.

I am waiting on a BMC or MAC that is 40 mph capable for Easy Street - the 700c Hybrid I took the e bikeling motor off for the front of the Giant Roam.

If one or both of my motors on the Giant Roam ever need replacing I might go with a couple used Bafang but not if there is a much noticeable performance downgrade. It is why I am asking.

Thanks.

LC. out.

Where did you purchase?

I noticed HPC sold out of all their BMC hub motors.

latecurtis said:
I am waiting on a BMC or MAC that is 40 mph capable for Easy Street - the 700c Hybrid I took the e bikeling motor off for the front of the Giant Roam.

I have NOT purchased a BMC or MAC yet.

I think it would be a better option than ordering a 3 killowatt chain drive. Like Dan said a chain can do a lot of tissue damage if it were to come off at 35 or 40 mph.

Also since I have ran the 500W e bikeling GEARED hub motors I enjoy their NO DRAG compared to DD hub motors and geared is lighter weight,

If I can get a GEARED hub motor capably of 40 mph it would be worth the extra money.

If we DO get a second stimulus package instead of ordering a 600+ Cro-motor a high output BMC or MAC would be a better choice.

Thanks.

LC. out.

Look at the bottom of the item you are looking at and shipping is there. to your Zip looks like $24. Don't believe they do PO boxes. Remember these are all used, some more than others. Used cells and motors. Just look might not be what you want at all.

Yes I have a Bafang 36v 350w? I believe. Ran fine on 36 or 44v. It's about 12 years old now. Not a speed demon but was a good start out for me. Now it's on my daughters bike but not used in a few years. All I will buy is a rear never a front unless I need to go to a stretched trike/chopper, than I would consider a frt.

Dan

As the Hub Motor Turns and the LiPo Fire Burns.

So what is the performance difference between the 500 watt e bikeling motor and the 350W Bafang ???????

The tip of my soldering iron disintegrated. Now I know the difference between the Wall Mart soldering iron with the red handle and the AutoZone with the black handle. Even though the tip from the Wall Mart iron fit in the Auto Zone it does NOT melt solder properly. It is garbage and IN the garbage along with the Wall-Mart iron.

I tried to shoot a video but the video would not copy to the laptops desktop for upload to you tube. I almost smashed the 80 buck Lap Top but shoved it off the table onto the bed. The cheap Wall-Mart camera was not so lucky. I smashed it against the wall and is in the garbage with a broke screen with the soldering irons. :oops: :evil: :(

Thanks.

LC. out.

You know how many reviews there are on soldering irons there are? Millions, from good clones to bad clones to safety hazard irons to brand name irons.

Check out that crazy aussie guy in his electronics lab EEVBlog or whatever its called. He's even got a forum, along with Youtube channel.

Hazard Fart sells cheap soldering irons, check Harbor Freight out if theres a store near you. I hear they have a good return policy.

----

That link, seller is in Raleigh NC, does not ship out of country, but cheap shipping even across country.

----

I personally wouldnt bother with chain slapper motors like you are playing with. A hub motor or mid drive is the only real choice for anyone wanting to be serious about building a quality ride for frequent use. In the summer I saw a guy with a small motor attached to the rear non drive side, I believe they are called eZip. I couldnt tell you yea or nay because we were going down a long hill but he kept up to me casually riding at normal casual pedal speeds. A few blocks away, months earlier I saw a fumer china doll, damn they are loud. I asked him if he had any flack from the fuzz and he said no, then he went on to say the usual dui story. This was in a poor neighborhood with lots of crime. Of course the guy wants to know about my kicks, he even wanted my tele # so I gave him a bogus #, twisted my throttle to wide open and see ya.

Yes I have a Bafang 36v 350w? I believe. Ran fine on 36 or 44v. It's about 12 years old now. Not a speed demon but was a good start out for me. Now it's on my daughters bike but not used in a few years. All I will buy is a rear never a front unless I need to go to a stretched trike/chopper, than I would consider a frt.

DAN.

I was hoping you could be more specific. I was wanting to know exactly what the difference is between an e bikeling 500W motor and a Bafang 350W motor. What is the speed difference and hill climbing capability.

I would not just run one solo. I would run two , front and back like on the Giant Roam. Do you think I could go up a decent size hill with two Bafang motors with minimum pedal assist ? Will one go 20 mph on the flat or only 15 mph ?

I might just order a couple. Also can you order parts to rebuild them or are they disposable like e bikeling motors ?

Also one on the front with a more powerful chain drive on the rear would be more efficient as can run the front on flat to 15 or 20 mph , both motors up hills and just the rear motor for top speed on the flat and both to accelerate quickly from 0 to 20 mph.

Please let me know.

Thanks.

LC. out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back