new eZip motor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Something tells me its not the right one to extend the bullets. Dan sent me one of those. I need bullets on both ends not bananna. No bananna or Anderson little plugs. Thats why I didn't get it going before. I did not have the correct plugs , so I decided to make them and screwed something up. So if you can please post the right ones. about 12 to 14 inches with bullets on both ends. Thanks. I think I got all the links posted for everything else. Almost ready to order. I just hope I dont have to order a new controller. Thanks. Talk to you tommorow. Latecurtis out.

latecurtis said:
Something tells me its not the right one to extend the bullets. Dan sent me one of those. I need bullets on both ends not bananna. No bananna or Anderson little plugs. Thats why I didn't get it going before. I did not have the correct plugs , so I decided to make them and screwed something up. So if you can please post the right ones. about 12 to 14 inches with bullets on both ends. Thanks. I think I got all the links posted for everything else. Almost ready to order. I just hope I dont have to order a new controller. Thanks. Talk to you tommorow. Latecurtis out.
Sorry LC but I sent you everything needed to make a 12s2p pack with the y balance harness for both 2p packs.
asked you to call me if help needed and have tried to help more. DrkAngel has been an Angel with his help. The easiest drawings ever.

What did you do with the Y-harneses I sent, cut them up? The Y-balance harness, I sure hope you didn't do them too.

Before you order any connectors or harnesses you need to look at the connectors and see the wiring to which plug it goes to.

As I said before, look at your pms from me and call me, I can help if you want to listen.

Dan

latecurtis said:
Yeah ... already told you that.
You should try reading my posts. I keep them precise-concise and on topic.

Problem is front drive ... not hub drive!

fork motor2.jpg

DrkAngel or whoever is reading this, please!!! Please read this entire post and totally check out my fork motor 2 diagram first. It is very important.!! Open with windows paint and view, zoom, custom , 50% to see full diagram. The most important post to date. It will clear up a lot of questions all of you guys may have and should be of great value for future e bike builds.

I invented this fork motor idea a few weeks ago before I started losing interest in e bikes. It is based off of the way I mounted the MY1020 motor on the currie. It will be using the same hardware. just doubled. You can go back and check out the old pictures I posted on it and you will know it is true. And since there is only one point of contact I may have to run a couple of steel braces at a 45 degree angle to the fork further up for extra stability. spot welding wont work as there has to be half an inch or so to play with so you can change the tire and tighten up or change the chain or sprocket.

The 45 degree angel supports may have to be special drilled two or three or four holes together for a half an inch slot for adjustment and changing the tire. I am inventing this as I go. It will be here if I forget. I am very confident that the fork motor will work. I know it will work. I see it.

The problem is nobody takes my posts seriously anymore because I tried to invent too many switches. I know there is a switch out there that will work and eventually I could have it hooked up. But I really don't care because I plan on running LIFEPO4s when I can afford them. They are as easy as SLAs right? And light also right? I wish Dan sent me LIFEPO4s instead of the 6s bricks. LIPOs are way too complicated and require way too much maintaince.

The Fork motor will work and will go about 43 mph. It is also about 7 pounds lighter than a hub motor and will probably be much easier to pedal. The chopper will be low profile. I don't plan on extending the forks too much. Just so its noticeable and unique. Mark (brother in law) has been welding for 18 years and he says that I can polish the aluminum and it will shine nice. I am thinking electroplating and chrome dipped. He has the connections to make that happen but then I will have to blow the dust off my wallet. That's ok though It probably wont happen until I get my settlement from SSI anyway.

You guys all doubted the currie upgrade so im not trying to hear how this will not happen anymore. We have already been there and done that. The chrome chopper with the 1.5 kilowatt fork motor is going to happen. It is going to be super cool and it will go over 40 mph with me on it. I just wish you all could support me for a change instead of doubting me or not even reading my posts.

I don't even know if I can afford all those plugs. What I do know is ,that running all 4 - 6s bricks together is more difficult than just running two. I will need more plugs and wires and it will probably not happen as I can not afford all that. However I may be able to charge them 1 or 2 at a time and then test the bike. See if the controller works. and go for a short spin around the block.

I could even do what Doug said and just mount them on the back rack and plug them in two at a time. All I will need is thick rubber gloves , a series connector and a bullet plug taped to the wires going to the controller and I would have to charge them separately and outside with a 100 foot extension cord. The only reason for all these extra wires, plugs and extensions is to run and charge all 4 batteries together and inside of my apartment. That can only be done safely in a Lipo bag inside of a metal box and with a fire extinguisher handy. thats the big issue with LIPOs. There a fire hazard.

I only got about 30 dollars to work with. I don't wish to spend any more than that for plugs. I already spent way too much at this point and have nothing up and running. Just obstacles to run into in my apartment. My health has been my main focus so I've been walking almost every day for about 3 miles and working out at the gym. My leg hurts a lot and needs surgery but im going to walk as long as I can. There has been lots of rain , snow and slush also. The wrong weather for e bikes.

I am kind of getting tired of talking about all this Lipo battery stuff. I think I got it covered what I will need. I posted everything except the bullet extensions. I can get them made in Albany at the hobby store but will have to devote a whole day for it as I have no car and its a long bus ride. I detest busses so I don't know when or if that will happen.

I want to move on to the chopper build. If anybody has anything positive to say about it, feel free. Maby some ideas toward the design. Nothing negative though. I know it will work. I don't wish to hear otherwise. Only positive thinking on this build. Disk brake options or special gearing configurations maybe. A 7000 rpm motor would never work on a 26" wheel but will find a sprocket for a 20" wheel and get over 40 mph out of the deal.

The chopper most likley will be my last build for a long time. I will be getting a motor vehicle. A small lightweight pick up truck for scrapping metal. I hope and pray I can convert it to electric because I believe in all green energy but cant even imagine how hard that will be on my budget. All my time and limited resources will be going in that direction soon.

That's why I would be ready to make some trades or deals to build the chopper. I don't need three e bikes. And when I get a truck I will only need to own one e bike. A 43 mph shiny chrome 20 inch chopper. pegs and an extended seat with a backrest. Powered by 4 - 12 volt LIFEPO4s. Very quick and fast. If its not legal: the police can catch me if they can. Ill be the ginger-bread man.

Thanks Sincerelly. Latecurtis out.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Series-Serial-4MM-Bullet-Battery-Power-Adapter-for-RC-HXT-Turning-Zippy-/121374696858?pt=Radio_Control_Parts_Accessories&hash=item1c427ee59a#ht_1224wt_851

ordered. eta 1/15/15

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Heavy-Duty-4mm-Banana-Parallel-Charger-Cable-12awg-Silicone-Wire-fr-Turnigy-HXT-/181456251545?pt=Radio_Control_Parts_Accessories&hash=item2a3fa2aa99#ht_1043wt_851

ordered. eta. 1/15/15

I ordered 3 of the parallel cables and one series. All the money I have. I wont be using the Lipo bag I guess. No money for all those extensions. I will have the fire extinguisher though. I still have to get thick rubber gloves. I am going to Dougs house today and see if I can salvage some of those old cut up cables just to see if the controller is still good and test out the bike hopefully. I will charge all batteries afterwards separately if I have to and then wait until I get the plugs and rubber gloves and then try to run and charge everything together. If I get it running today I will see if Doug can post a video. I kind of want this second build to be done so I can start looking for a lightweight 20 inch aluminum BMX or decent 20 inch frame for the chopper.

Thanks for your patience and concern. Latecurtis out.

Damn!
Cables would have been a lot cheaper ... and get them faster, from Massachusetts!
Hong Kong often takes weeks++.

Once again ... powerful front motor is suicidal!
and
Problem is amplified greatly by going chopper style!

latecurtis said:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Heavy-Duty-4mm-Banana-Parallel-Charger-Cable-12awg-Silicone-Wire-fr-Turnigy-HXT-/181456251545?pt=Radio_Control_Parts_Accessories&hash=item2a3fa2aa99#ht_1043wt_851

ordered. eta. 1/15/15
According to the eBay pictures these cables have the wrong gender bullets on the output side (going to the controller).

The parallel cable output is male +, female -. But lipo pack outputs are male -, female +.

If you plug these parallel cables, as they are, into Dan's parallel board you'll get reverse polarity.

Something Positive to say ?

Nope...

Have you ever gotten anything to work ?

My God. People have sent you a front hub and batteries and charger and you seem to get that messed up.

Why don't you read what they are telling you.

Now you want to build a shiny chopper that goes 43 MPH.

Oh and buy a truck and convert it to electric. Don't think 4 Lipos will power that puppy.

If you stopped drinking and wanting to beat up cops ... HAHA You might get what your looking for ( yeah right )

This thread is like watching WORLDS DUMBEST ..... fill in the blank.

I think Dan and DarkAngel for all they've done. DA is the man and Dan is very very nice.

WAKE UP DUDE

I am at dougs house. We just tried hooking up two of the Lipos to the controller. I wired the bullet connector to the controller wire. The controller was in the off position. I tried hooking up the positive to negative to bridge the two so I could get 44.4 volts. It lit up like a Christmas tree. I unplugged it before it caught on fire. The bullet plug to the controller was not hooked up yet. I was just trying to connect the positive of one brick to the negative of a second brick. Now one side of the bullet plug coming from the Lipo is kind of black. Not real black but a little burnt. I don't understand. Also we took apart the other wiring harness I taped up. and the positives and negatives were hooked up correctly. Why did I get a reverse polarity reading back before Christmas then when I was trying to charge. Also Why did the plug fry when I tried before. Also Doug says these batteries are not bridgeable. He says you cant hook them up in series. I did everything correct and still got a bunch of sparks.
I don't appreciate the negative comments on the last post. I have tried and tried to hook up this thing. Doug says he wants to talk to DrkAngel or Dan please. We really want to get something going here but need help. I will PM both of guys and Sunder. I don't have the money to hire an electrician to make this work. There is not even a bike shop around here that works on electric bikes. Thanks Latecurtis.

Test with a multimeter before you hook things together!!!
Avoid these stupid mistakes!!!!!

Personally I was hoping this guy got his bike running and made his life easier. But the way he is going I doubt that's going to happen. I can see him screwing something up and burning down the building he lives in and then blaming someone else.

I really wanted him to get this right .... I don't see that happening.

Follow my directions.
Posted 3 times.
Use multimeter to confirm correct = avoid these stupid mistakes!!!

Darkangel and DanD, you two have alot of patience. as i work with middle school children i do understand what you are dealing with and feel for you. there comes a time to cut the cord and let the child learn on his own although i personally do not see this happening in this circumstance. good luck to all. :roll:

23.1 each. I have to make another plug to try to bridge them again. the plug is too burnt. wont plug in. The male plug coming out of the lipo expanded somehow. I cant even plug into it. All I did was try to bridge the positive to the negative. I swear to god!! I have a witness right here. Doug. I am not even messing with this any more.
I did not even have the controller plugged in. All I did was hook up the negative male side of the bullet connector to the positive female side of a second Lipo brick. Now the connector is a little black, burnt and useless as it wont even plug in. I definitely am not going to try it with the other two Lipo batteries. This really F_ _ _ _ _ _ g
sucks. I would take a picture up close of the burnt plug but I don't own a camera anymore because I gave up my tablet to try and get this thing running.

Im not going out like this. I installed the motor and controller and now I sit here smelling burnt plastic. Doug is a computer tech. and he says that these Lipos are not bridgeable and cannot be hooked up in series. I don't know what to believe. I do know if you go to page 33 of this post and go to the bottom of the page you will see all the wiring harnesses I made. Doug and I went thru each one and untapped everything. There is no doubt that all the red positives and black negatives were correct. Nothing was hooked up backwards. It had to be the parallel board that caused the reverse polarity reading. Also the controller being turned on caused the first plug to burn back then before Christmas. There is no rhyme or reason for another burnt plug today though. There was a massive transfer on electrons for some reason and now the plug is shot on one of the Lipos. I am personally not replacing the plug on that Lipo. Hell no!!! Im not giving up either. I will go and get the SLAs off the desulfator.
One has a bad cell. I am sure of it. But Dan said the controller would take 36 volts. Lets see if he is right. It is the last play that I got.

Reread my instructions on building 6s2p 22.2V dbl bricks 1st.
Then
connect black from 1 to red of other
confirm 44.4V with 2 loose power leads
connect pos and neg to proper battery connections on controller.

If I understand your explanation properly ...
I get the sinking feeling that you might be paralleling with the balance plugs then trying to run the same packs in series ... might explain short when not connected to anything?
You connected the same 2 packs in series and parallel at the same time! ... ?

Do not connect balance plugs yet!

Did you install a fuse yet? To avoid destruction.

If you follow my simple instructions,
just ignore the balance plugs and this is as simple as 2 12V SLA batteries.

Hunt backwards though all your irrelevant-distracting posts and find my step by step instructions.

I got some good news. The controller is good. I hooked up the SLAs in about 5 minutes with alligator clips. I got a big spark when hooking the negative controller wire even with the controller off. I turned on the controller and the throttle lit up. I picked up the bike engaged the throttle and the wheel spins nicely.

No DrkAngel. I did not have the balance plugs hooked up. I never charged any of the Lipos. I believe they were balanced and charged when dan sent them too me.
I simply hooked the negative from one 22.2 volt cell to the positive of another 22.2 volt cell and the plug lit up like a mini lightning bolt. I did not get shocked as it was a simple transfer on electrons. If I did not pull the wires apart it would have probably worked when I hooked the controller up to it. However I may not have been able to unplug them as they probably would have fused together.

Now I cant plug them in and the plug on the Lipo needs to be replaced. The heat expanded the plug. contrary to what one person said I do have a brain and am not a child. I know what is going on and realized what happened. Nothing is burning down as I have a fire extinguisher handy. I don't play those games. I just happen to be unlucky with Lipo. I do not want to give up on the Lipos, believe it or not. I just ordered about $36 worth of plugs. I cant find a good electrician around here to put another plug on the lipo. I would be willing to send you DrkAngel the cash box, Lipo bag and $30 cash inside it if you can just extend all the balance plugs and power wires out of the lipo bag and out of the cash box. The wiring harnesses I will get will do the rest. I got 3 parallel plugs to charge all 4 Lipos at the same time. I also got the series plug coming to run the controller at 44.4V. All I need are the balance plug extensions. I have two Y balance plugs Dan sent so Im not sure if I need to extend all 4 balance plugs out of the box or only two.

The power wires coming off the Lipos could be cut and with red and black 10 gauge wire extended out with the burnt plug being replaced. The wires would need to be soldered and professionally shrink wrapped. I don't know how and never have done it. I can send the 10 gauge wire and solder. I have a little. I can also get shrink wrap at Advanced auto. was just there the other day for that reason. I just don't know if I have the skill for the job. Ill also order the balance plug extenders and include them in the box. How many will I need?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back