new eZip motor

Status
Not open for further replies.
I knew Curtis could not last a week, I just knew it.
"Done for Good" he said in the post since deleted.
Glad your back
I guess walking got tiring real quick :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Bed frame angle iron is heavy stuff, how is that going to be lighter then wood?

the chain popped off and the sprockets did not line up any more
Thats why hub motors are perfect.

Glad your back
I guess walking got tiring real quick :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thanks.

Maybe a couple pounds. It is not the real wide part. Still strong enough to do the trick. I just want it to work.

I will take a picture of the piece. It is in the van. Finished rewiring the Bafang and taking it for a test right now. Then putting the bike in the van.

Not been walking that much lately. Maybe a mile around town. Doing a mile a day on the tread mill at the YMCA though. That plus about 20 minutes a day with light weights and machines. Getting in shape and beating diabetes is my top priority now.

Building and riding e bikes must come second to that. The YMCA is closed on Saturday and Sunday though so if the weather is good will spend extra time there at storage fixing up the bikes.

Thanks.

LC. out.

latecurtis said:
View attachment 1

Search found 53 matches: boat

https://endless-sphere.com/forums/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=35851
See:

Where's the Water?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Two guys spent all their money on electric bicycle parts. They only had enough money left to buy 6 bottles of beer. They had some fishing equipment and a small boat like the one in the picture above. They took the boat in the ocean. They drank all the beer and did not catch any fish. One guy found a bottle floating in the water. He picked it up. A Genie popped out. The Genie said "I am a Magic Genie and I can give you one wish." Guy said we have no more beer because we drank it all, and we did not catch any fish. Could you make the whole ocean beer? Genie said sure, and the whole ocean turned to beer. [That's a lot of beer]

Other guy said - "What did you do that for? Now we have to pee in the boat."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

More fun facts on water boats and beer.

Big Ditch Brewing Company
https://www.bigditchbrewing.com/

Beer company here in Buffalo NY

The Erie Canal opened in 1825, connecting the Great Lakes with the Atlantic Ocean by way of the Hudson River. When the plan for the Canal was presented, skeptics never thought it would materialize. They jokingly referred to it as “Clinton’s Big Ditch” after the New York State governor who championed the project. But when it was filled with water, the Big Ditch changed Buffalo forever and marked the beginning of more than 100 years of prosperity for the City of Buffalo.
maxresdefault.jpg

Yea.

I got a special motor for that boat but was told would not work.

FX - 75 - 5 motor.

2013 prototype for FX off road electric dirt bike. > 80 mph, > 45 kilowatts.

It is a belt drive motor set up. Maybe could run a propeller for marine.

Need a speed control knob and a oar way up in the front.

PM me if interested. I will send pictures. I got motor and controller. 45 kilowatts. Motor weighs > 50 pounds I think.

Thanks.

LC. out.

Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose.

Been a while. Coming back to Endless Sphere, as I'm resurrecting my old Q100H commuter. Been recalled back to the office 2 days a week. Just thought I'd stick my head in here and at least read the last page or so. Not much changes.

Good to see you still kicking around and it seems as stubborn as ever. Plus ça change, as they say. Or if you don't speak French:

It's all the same, only the names will change
Every day, it seems we're wastin' away
Another place where the faces are so cold
I'd ride all night just to get back home
I'm a cowboy
On a steel horse I ride
I'm wanted dead or alive

IMG_20220428_200959008.jpgIMG_20220428_201110470.jpgnew blueprint.png

Been a while. Coming back to Endless Sphere, as I'm resurrecting my old Q100H commuter. Been recalled back to the office 2 days a week. Just thought I'd stick my head in here and at least read the last page or so. Not much changes.

Good to see you still kicking around and it seems as stubborn as ever. Plus ça change, as they say. Or if you don't speak French:

Welcome back.

I still got that 26" hub kit you sent like 7 or 8 years ago. I re wired it about a year ago and rode it a few times and it failed a few weeks ago so I re wired it again with larger gauge wire. I actually cut the phase wires off a 800W direct drive controller because were silicone wire the same gauge as the phase wires in the hub motor you sent.

It runs great now and I paired it up with a Green time 35 amp sensor less controller. I have a 1,200W - 13S - 7P - 20AH factory lion pack to run it. It is on the back of a 26" dual suspension. No pedal option for steep hills though but will keep it healthy as am putting a 750W chain drive up in the front geared for 25 mph. ( top pictures) That will run 12S - 5P - LIFEPO4.

Total battery weight is < 25 pounds and total power is 1,750W. I think that hub motor you sent is geared for 26 or 27 mph so the motors will work together up hills. On the flat I can use the front motor mostly. Also I can go 30 miles as the 12S - LIFE is good for at least 10 and the 20Ah - lion can do 20 miles. I can recharge the LIFE in less than an hour as well.

I built two 6S LIFE packs with K2 energy cells at Battery Hookup. I soldered them and did a poor job but they run great for motors < 1,000W. I used two 6S active balancers. Good for up to 10 miles but charge at 10 amps with my 600W - 43.6V LIFE charger.

I had some 12 gauge wire I used to replace the phase wires I cut off the 800W controller and got my 20" Turbo direct drive running as well. All it needed was a new thumb throttle which I found in one of my parts boxes. I ran it twice then got a flat tire so is at storage. I will get a new tube and tire at Wall-Mart when my disability check comes in on the third.

I have been running a vintage 90s - 26" Diamondback Outlook with dual geared Bafang hub motors. Single thumb throttle and 12S - 36V LIFEPO4.

I bought six Bafang 350W hub motors at $45 each from Battery Clearinghouse. awhile back. With the power meter hooked up DA. recommended awhile back it peaks out around 800W (both motors together) but is decent up small hills as gearing for those is about 20 mph.

I bought a 1,800W brushless motor and a 1,500W - 38 amp 48V controller. That is on a 20" bike but needs a new chain. I Still have the Currie as well. It is waiting on active balancers for 16S - 40V - Lishen - 18 Ah - LTOs :mrgreen: It has a 36V - 1,000W brush chain drive on the back behind the seat and a 350W Bafang up in the front also 36V.

Last but not least is a 3,000W - 60V brushless motor and 70 amp Boma controller for a vintage Haro V3. That is my next project when I get the other 5 e bikes running perfect.

I also still have the FX - 75 - 5 motor and 45 kilowatt Sevcon controller. That is way above my skill level and will need at least a 250cc dirt bike frame. I will need help with that though. I did get a 90 amp wire welder but don't know how to weld yet.

Thanks for posting.

LC. out.

Attachments

• IMG_20220428_205847174.jpg
    IMG_20220428_205847174.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 777
  • IMG_20220428_205917290.jpg
    IMG_20220428_205917290.jpg
    925 KB · Views: 777
  • IMG_20220428_205926401.jpg
    IMG_20220428_205926401.jpg
    977.6 KB · Views: 777
  • IMG_20220428_205953625.jpg
    IMG_20220428_205953625.jpg
    939.5 KB · Views: 777
Whats the deal with the electrical tape wrapped around the wires?

The green tape. That is my series connection. I use colored tape and also on the plugs they connect to so I don't mix them up and plug in a short circuit. For three packs I use yellow tape as well on the second series connection and plugs.

I do have a third LIFEPO4 pack which is 3S - 5P. That gives me about 54V fully charged and will run motors > 1,000W. I ran the 1,800W brushless motor and it went 25 mph. It will do 28 mph though with the 1,200W - 13S - lion pack.

I will be building two 4S - LTO packs at some point in time as well. Each with a 4S active balancer. That way I can achieve 50 or 60V.
I was going to just build a third 8S pack for 60V but with a male and female bullet can plug them in together for 8S when I want 60V.

For the 26" dual suspension The 750W gear reduction motor could handle 50V - LTO but would need a 20T freewheel instead of the 16T as with the 16T it would be over geared at 35 mph. With a 20T it will be geared perfect at 28 mph - 1,000W ; very close to the 26" DD. motor on the back.

That is not happening for awhile though as I got screwed on my 8S active balancers. I still have not got that straightened out. I thought maybe the Amazon hub I had them sent to was no longer there but checked yesterday and it is there , about 6 blocks from my house at Save a Lot grocery store. I called Amazon and complained and messaged the seller and did not get a straight answer.

Green dot told me I won the dispute and the people that stole my $$$ refunded it and I got $97 on my new card but that seems to be lost in the mail. I was supposed to get it on the 26th. My birthday. That was three days ago. This whole month has been a nightmare as far as e bikes go. One thing after another. The only real success I have had was we wiring the 26" DD.

The XT 60 plug broke off today and left me stranded 10 blocks from my house at Mental Health with the Outlook and dual Bafang motors. I pushed it two blocks to General dollar and got scissors and duct tape as no electric tape.

I cut off the XT60s and used the bullets that were there as I upgraded to XT60 but kept the bullets. It was a $6:50 fix. Then I got something to eat so - $10. I was going to City mission for a free community meal but too late fixing that.

It has just been a lot of small things but very annoying like the bad throttle and flat tire on the 20" Turbo and the bad motor plug then that. I can only hope the month of May brings me better luck. I failed miserably on my first attempt installing that chain drive on the front of the dual suspension. I think the new plan with the angle steel will work though.

I may need a brace above the motor and two pipe clamps for chain tension. That is not in the blueprint. That gear reduction motor is very powerful. It has lots of torque. I took a very steep hill back in NY with it at 36V with the Currie and pedal assist.

If I succeed the dual suspension will be very good up hills at 1,700W or 2 kilowatts with 20S - LTOs and < 30 mph gearing. Tomajsz will simply be out classed as far as hill climbing goes. I will be King of the Hills with that set up. :lol: As soon as I get back to storage I will be working on it.

Thanks.

LC. out.

As the Hub Motor Turns and the LiPo Fire Burns.

Yea.

I cancelled the order from China on the balancers. Not waiting until May 19th. I found a new seller here in the USA but got screwed out of my Green dot card. Supposed to have $97 and change on it but lost in the mail. Was supposed to be here four days ago.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/234447247379?hash=item3696251813:g:2jIAAOSwnsdiH2Og

I filled out a change of address so it would go to my PO. box but the post master said that it might not work. If they refuse to forward it it gets sent back. Since I don't get mail here at my physical address I may never be able to order parts again to build e bikes. :cry:

Thanks.

LC. out.

latecurtis said:
If I succeed the dual suspension will be very good up hills at 1,700W or 2 kilowatts with 20S - LTOs and < 30 mph gearing. Tomajsz will simply be out classed as far as hill climbing goes. I will be King of the Hills with that set up. :lol: As soon as I get back to storage I will be working on it.

Thanks.

LC. out.

I wouldn’t be bragging so much when you’ve just posted about your power connectors breaking off mid ride.

King of the Hills pushing your bike up the hill because of shoddy electrical work. No thanks.

latecurtis wrote: ↑Apr 29 2022 2:52am

Thanks.

LC. out.

You’re funny. Still nothing to show for a good reliable build capable of decent mileage and you’re gonna show me?
Goofy! And still throwing money away. My 350W and 500W mid drives will out perform ANY of your Frankenbikes.

Build one that’s not cobbled. Surprise everyone by actually following someone’s lead. Or not. And stay with your string of failures. FFS these guys have given hundreds of hours to help...

I wouldn’t be bragging so much when you’ve just posted about your power connectors breaking off mid ride.

King of the Hills pushing your bike up the hill because of shoddy electrical work. No thanks.

Yea.

NO.

Was down a hill about two blocks to Family dollar. :lol:

The connection broke off AT the plug. The copper piece that the plug wire went to. NOT any other point of wiring. Normal wear and tear. It was the factory plug that failed. NOT any wiring I did after it.

My 350W and 500W mid drives will out perform ANY of your Frankenbikes.

We shall see about that. MY 800W peak dual Bafang is super light < 40 pound Diamondback Outlook runs great as does the 20" Turbo which is 800W but that is continuous and probably > 1,000W peak.

If you beat those on flat AND up a steep hill then we can talk about 1,750W dual motors geared for approximately 27 mph with separate battery packs and controllers to share the load. Your fancy mid drive might beat it in top speed on the flat with gears but not up a steep hill. The bet is you will have to win both or is a tie.

I do not gamble at all so will shoot videos and the bet is for bragging rites. The loser has to admit that their e bike got out performed right here on "As the Hub Motor Turns and the LiPo Fire Burns.

Thanks for posting.

10:40 PM.

Not sure who is posting. I deleted that stuff earlier that was not on topic. I worked on the 26" dual suspension today for that front chain drive. I will need to wait until Tuesday when I get $$$$ as out of drill bits. That bed frame steel is not easy to drill thru. Broke a cobalt bit and went thru a couple others.

I fixed the tire on the 20" Turbo but found two broken spokes in one spot. Also several loose spokes. I wont be able to run it until I get replacements and find my spoke tool. Does anyone know where I can order spokes for a 20" direct drive hub motor. I will need to measure the spokes. I can take pictures with the tape measure. It is a question I hope someone can answer. Looking for a US vender. NO more Chinese orders. Takes too long and tired of getting frocked over.

Thanks.

LC. out.

Blacklite said:
cutting compound/fluid
I've been using WD-40, motor oil. or whatever is close. Wondering if cutting fluid is better? Lots of discussion on that here:

http://www.chaski.org/homemachinist/search.php?keywords=cutting+fluid&terms=all&author=&sc=1&sf=titleonly&sr=posts&sk=t&sd=d&st=0&ch=300&t=0&submit=Search

Now I an starting to wonder about kerosene or diesel fuel? I like to use what I have.

marty said:
Blacklite said:
cutting compound/fluid
I've been using WD-40, motor oil. or whatever is close. Wondering if cutting fluid is better? Lots of discussion on that here:

http://www.chaski.org/homemachinist/search.php?keywords=cutting+fluid&terms=all&author=&sc=1&sf=titleonly&sr=posts&sk=t&sd=d&st=0&ch=300&t=0&submit=Search

Now I an starting to wonder about kerosene or diesel fuel? I like to use what I have.

Any cutting fluid is better than nothing, for materials that benefit from cutting fluid. Both WD-40 and Dawn dishwashing liquid are really good for drilling and tapping aluminum. For steel, it's better to use a lubricant with high pressure qualities. I'd go for motor oil over the aforementioned fluids if I were improvising. Lard and bacon grease are top notch cutting lubricants, but I usually don't have any around.

My favorite cutting and tapping fluid is Lubegard Bio-Tap. It works superbly, doesn't stink, and washes off with plain water.

I find alot of people use wrong drill speeds for wro g materials woods and alloys theres some wiggly room may burn the wood a bit but no biggy but no matter the cutting fluid if your spinning a 10mm bit at full chat on steel she gonna smoke while the 2mm needs those speeds to cut the 10mm don't, if theres no curls of steel just chips theres a motion in your ocean.

I used WD 40.

Almost out though.

I will look into something better Tuesday when I go to the hardware store.

I was wondering about replacement spokes though for the 20" direct drive hub motor.

Looking for US venders for anything I order from now on.

I really sick of international shipping. They take forever and have stupid rules. I thought the package was being delivered by Amazon but was USPS. They could not deliver to an Amazon hub location. Their rules are if they attempt to deliver it and fail it is undeliverable and sent back. I am not even allowed to track it and pick it up at a facility in the US before it gets shipped back or have it delivered somewhere else.

Then they want to re ship the item from China while the original item is still in the US getting shipped back. It just makes no sense and really sick and tired of getting completely frocked over. I might not even get a refund as my $$$ card was hacked and the card deleted. I won a dispute and was told I have $97+ on a new card but wont deliver to PO. box and don't receive mail here so may never get the new card.

If someone knows a place to order replacement spokes for a hub motor please post. Not sure how I will order. Does anyone accept money orders for online orders ?

Thanks.

LC. out.

latecurtis said:
It just makes no sense and really sick and tired of getting completely frocked over.

Thanks.

LC. out.

I’m thinking it’s you somehow.
47 Aliexpress orders in 2 two years and one issue with a Xiaomi $3 razor knife.

Build one bike. One reliable well executed conversion. I’m beginning to think much here is nothing more than a series of fibs. FFS a boat? Although it’d be cool with a Grin hub boat motor.

I’m thinking it’s you somehow.

NO.

I ordered at least a dozen , maybe closer to 2 dozen items from Amazon over the past two years and always picked them up at an Amazon Hub location. This time it was shipped USPS international. The post office looked it up and the tracking # does not even exist. How do you explain that ?

The Green dot card was kind of my fault as was wondering how far back a back ground check goes as I need a better apartment so went to a web site and was only supposed to be one dollar. It was back in December 2021. It did not work but they took $34:99 out of my check twice on April 5. I did not give them permission to do that.

I won the dispute but can not get a new card as my mailing address is my PO. box. I do not get mail at my home address because I live in a ghetto. I might never get my new card if it got sent back. I was supposed to get it on my birthday April 26. They said there is $97 and change on it.

Anyway I worked on the Currie today and ran the three SLAs for the first time. I think the rear 36V - 1,000W chain drive is defective or the controller is or both. It ran perfect over three miles on the way home then started making a loud clunking noise and the chain fell off. No idea why. There are plenty of pipe clamps and is bolted to the frame.

I will find out tomorrow. I might try the 800W - 2,750 rpm motor and see how that runs. If it is the controller I can use the 40 amp brush controller with the speed control knob. I could also put the 750W gear reduction motor back on the Currie and use the 800W - 36V motor for the 26" dual suspension. Not sure. I might just throw out the 36V - 1,000W motor and controller. Not sure but have had nothing but problems with them since I got them.

I took pictures of the 20" - 800W direct drive hub motor (see below) I am down to two e bikes again. The Giant Roam with the front geared e bikeling motor and the 26" Diamondback Outlook with the dual Bafangs. I don't like running the Giant as a single front hub and my right knee is too bad to pedal assist much up hills.

Please, someone let me know where I can get replacement spokes that will fit the 20" hub motor. I might have to open a second checking account for online orders. Green Dot sucks anyway as they charge > $9 a month even if you don't use the card.

Thanks.

LC. out.

Attachments

• IMG_20220501_192815890.jpg
    IMG_20220501_192815890.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 570
  • IMG_20220501_193204744.jpg
    IMG_20220501_193204744.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 570
Get them anywhere
www.ebikes.ca
chain reaction cycle
danspoke <---I might of mis spelled or completely off.

As for predator lending accounts, you have to pay their fee's. I am unaware of any prepaid debit style credit card with no fees or very low fees.
I never realized it was hard to get a freaking bank account, they must ask for a piss test huh Curtis ;) even then, theres a fee ;)
Instead of the song "Signs signs everywhere a sign" its "Fee fees everywhere a fee"

Why can't a person with sufficient identification walk into any bank and get a bank account?
As simple as a state drivers license or state id card should suffice, I would assume.

Please, someone let me know where I can get replacement spokes that will fit the 20" hub motor. I might have to open a second checking account for online orders. Green Dot sucks anyway as they charge > $9 a month even if you don't use the card.

Chalo said:
marty said:
Blacklite said:
cutting compound/fluid

Any cutting fluid is better than nothing, for materials that benefit from cutting fluid. Both WD-40 and Dawn dishwashing liquid are really good for drilling and tapping aluminum. For steel, it's better to use a lubricant with high pressure qualities. I'd go for motor oil over the aforementioned fluids if I were improvising. Lard and bacon grease are top notch cutting lubricants, but I usually don't have any around.

My favorite cutting and tapping fluid is Lubegard Bio-Tap. It works superbly, doesn't stink, and washes off with plain water.

Motor oil for bicycle chains, car door hinges, and everything else that ya can drip some oil on. I have done more gas line pipe threading then I want to think about. For that, drill a 1/8 hole in the cap of a plastic motor oil jug and squirt. Don't forget a tray and some cardboard or newspapers for the mess on the floor.

Just leave it, the stains and shavings will blend in with the surroundings.
You could even squirt some Flint Michigan tap water for some lubrication of the drill bit.

Don't forget a tray and some cardboard or newspapers for the mess on the floor.

If your order is coming from China you didn’t buy an Amazon product. You bought from a reseller that uses Amazon as a place to list their products. NO Amazon support of protection. That’s why you can’t pick it up at a fulfillment center. I deposit money into my PayPal account. No $9 monthly fee and decent protections. EVERYTHING shipping from China while many places are in quarantine is currently much slower than typical.

If your order is coming from China you didn’t buy an Amazon product. You bought from a reseller that uses Amazon as a place to list their products. NO Amazon support of protection. That’s why you can’t pick it up at a fulfillment center.

Yea.

I know that now. I wish I knew it before I ordered it. Like I said I ordered about 20 items in the last two years and al were delivered to a Amazon hub location.

I will need to contact the sellers from now on to find out their shipping method BEFORE placing an order. It just makes buying stuff online ever more complicated.

I still need new spokes for that hub motor.

Thanks.

LC. out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back