new eZip motor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yea.

It is not something I will need to worry about any time soon. The lion are in the 10 foot by 4 by 4 trailer, 160 cubic feet. Everything I have regarding bikes and e bikes are in there.

I have some loose 18650 cells out in the van. Not sure what I am doing with them. The 20 Ah pack in the ammo box we are talking about as well as the 10S - 4P Laudation factory 18650 pack is in the trailer. Storage is about $45 a month out in the country.

I am taking the Currie with the 1,000W 36V chain in the back and 36V Bafang up in the front and two 8S - LTO packs for 40V.

Also the 26" Diamondback Outlook with the 12S LIFEPO4 packs.

The Outlook and LIFE packs are for up to 10 or 15 miles around town. The LTOs and the Currie is my long range e bike up to 25 miles. I do not know when I will move my trailer. I do know it will be after I sign a years lease somewhere.

Right now I am about to plug in the 43.8V 10 amp charger and charging up the LIFE and LTO packs and packing the van for a road trip. As soon as I arrive at my destination I will be shooting a video of me riding.

The pictures below I took before I started cursing as I had to stuff that trailer and was not easy getting everything in there. I had to put the chopper frame under the trailer and a few other things. I have to organize the van which has the Currie and Diamondback in it awhile I charge the LIFE and LTOs for the 400 mile trip.

The choice for those e bikes was a no brainer. The dual Bafangs run excellent and very reliable and efficient and the perfect match for the LIFE packs I built. Likewise the Currie has the brackets to hold the two 8S - LTOs , one in the triangle for great weight distribution.

The other e bikes are just not set up for LTOs. The 1,800W brushless motor is on a 20" bike with no possible way to mount 16S or 20S LTO. The 26" dual suspension also has no room in the triangle so would be top heavy and a poor choice for LTO and needs at least 48V. Therefore they will be on time out until I move and build a 15S - 10P - LIFEPO4 pack. Perfect for my 15 amp 54.6V lion charger.

I paid like $135 for that and is why I wont be building a 16S - LIFE pack. I might build three 6S - LIFE packs for the 60V - 3,000W brushless motor as can charge it with either of my 6S LiPo chargers. I need a 15S - 10P LIFE pack first though. The power modules are in the trailer as well.

Thanks for posting and keep living the dream. This post and you guys are awesome and inspiring. My friends forever.

Thanks.

LC. out.

Attachments

• IMG_20220609_183638268.jpg
    IMG_20220609_183638268.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 1,132
  • IMG_20220609_183646896.jpg
    IMG_20220609_183646896.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 1,132
  • IMG_20220609_183715656.jpg
    IMG_20220609_183715656.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 1,132
As The Hub Motor Turns and the LiPo Fire Burns.

Yea.

Got in an argument with the ol lady today.

She told me to take the van to do about 70 pounds of laundry. I said it has no gas. It is in the red on empty. Laundry mat was about 7 blocks away.

Three trips later with the 26" Diamondback Outlook / dual Bafangs with one front basket and my backpack I got it all in a 100-pound rated washer.

A comforter had a hole in it and all the filling came out and was evenly distributed in the entire load. Not fun and about 90 minutes later was 1/2 hour before closing and had 20 minutes left to dry it all.

Less than 10 minutes later I rolled in with the Currie. When I got back to the house I took those pictures. Still in Ohio. Hopefully tomorrow this time I will be in virgina.

Thanks.

LC. out.

Attachments

• IMG_20220610_210543571.jpg
    IMG_20220610_210543571.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 1,106
  • IMG_20220610_210626109.jpg
    IMG_20220610_210626109.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 1,106
  • IMG_20220610_210613836.jpg
    IMG_20220610_210613836.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 1,106
Man, moving is no fun, even at the best of times. Smooth travels.

No way that's 70 pounds of washing. I reckon I could fit most of that in my home washer, I think is rated for like 7kg. That's about 16 pounds?

Even the big ones I see at the laundromat are like 15kg, and there'd be room to spare qith what you got.

Anyway. Guessing you don't have machine of your own and the land lord doesn't provide one? Had a friend from the UK, when he first moved over here tell me he called the real estate agent because he'd searched every cupboard in the kitchen and couldn't find the washer. In Australia, most apartments have either one big set for the whole building or one small one per floor. I understand in the US it's not even provided at all.

No way that's 70 pounds of washing. I reckon I could fit most of that in my home washer, I think is rated for like 7kg. That's about 16 pounds?

Yea.

The washer was 100 pound rated. Lundry probably about 50 pounds but < 60.

Was a lot of work though.

I'm a lazy alcoholic. :lol:

Thanks.

LC. out.

Curtis needs to add an addition to his arsenal of transportation machines, a bicycle trailer. I see them on occasion discarded by bums (with a flat tire, or no tire at all), but see I ride every single day, and I ride 40+ miles so I get around, main routes, no back ways. Start cruising alleys and you start seeing weirder shit for your taking.

Heck, even a kids wagon the parents haul behind them could have helped out Curtis hauling laundry. Laundromats are disappearing. Interesting fact, they tend to always appear in the poorer neighborhoods. Which means got to travel far and wide to wash the dirty flameproof coveralls, shop towels, or the dogs stuff....... you guessed it, laundromat.

Curtis needs to add an addition to his arsenal of transportation machines, a bicycle trailer.

Yea.

I might someday build a push trailer. Been thinking about it a long time. Maybe when I get settled.

I have a 800W - 2750 rpm - 36V chain drive in my storage trailer with everything else. Perfect Canidate.

The 750W gear reduction motor I am saving for a special project. I would like to mount it on a 700c e bike like the Giant Cypress hybrid or even a 28 or 29 inch bike as it has that gear reduction. 480 rpms @ 36V and 640 rpms @ 48V.

It will do 30 mpg @ 50V. It would also work great if I were to set up my first belt drive. :mrgreen:

Thanks.

LC. out.

The thing is, lots of thinking and no action, which leads to tomorrow, always tomorrow.

latecurtis said:
I might someday build a push trailer. Been thinking about it a long time. Maybe when I get settled.

calab said:
The thing is, lots of thinking and no action, which leads to tomorrow, always tomorrow.

latecurtis said:

I don't think believe thinking too much and acting too little is LC's problem.

I don't think believe thinking too much and acting too little is LC's problem.

There are some last minute details that need to be worked out. $6,000 worth of oxygen equipment for my wife needs to be picked up so she dont get charged. Also parking spots down there. The city ordinance down there is strict for on street parking. Not looking to get my shit impounded. I got a spot for $30 hopefully on lake Anna. If not it could set me back $80 to $100.

Looking at loading the van and truck tonight after the sun goes down then should be on the road by 10 AM - 6/14/22

I am still taking the Currie and the 26" Diamondback with the dual Bafangs. My 12S - LIFE packs and 16S - LTO.

Look forwards to shooting a video of me riding around lake Anna. :mrgreen:

5:27 PM.

Just got off the phone with a local vape shop. I will be dropping off all the 18650 cells that tested > 3V. I also talked John into unloading those old 10S - 10P Hoverboard packs as well. The only 18650 packs I am keeping are in my storage trailer. The 13S - 7P factory pack and the 10S - 4P Laudation pack.

I can let John use my 12S - LIFE packs for his bike as I have the 16S - LTOs.

When we get settled I will be building him and myself 12S - 10P - LIFE and 15S - 10P for my 10 amp 43.8V and 15 amp 54.6V chargers.

Thanks.

LC. out.

6:48 PM.

topband_1024x1024@2x.png

NEW 4/24 Pack Topband 3.2v 25ah Lifepo4 Prismatic
Regular price$66.00

Yea.

Just my luck. They are back in stock and can do nothing about it. I am getting my van towed down there and the money for those will be going for gas for the trip and storage for the van. :cry:

Of course we all know as soon as I get settled somewhere they will be out of stock again for months. I am just glad I got the LTOs.

Thanks.

LC. out.

6 / 14 / 22 - 12:54 AM

Yea.

I need to look at the weight and do the math. 15S - 2P with those cells is 50 Ah. I will need to calculate the weight.

It still boils down to weight distribution though. If the bike has a small triangle with limited space then will be top heavy so any bike with a large triangle is desirable.

I prefer LIFEPO4 as my e bike battery. LTO is great if the bike has the capacity and strength to accommodate , however LIFEPO4 is greater energy density than LTO. It looks like the perfect compromise between safety , longevity and energy density.

Basically it is as safe as LTO. Greater energy density than LTO but heavier and takes more space than 18650 lion.

Exactly why I want those prismatic LIFE cells. They will take up way less space than 26650 cells so easier to fit in a bike triangle.

Thanks.

LC. out.

1:49 AM.

Yea.

I should be able to get an 8S and 4S - LTO pack in a triangle if large enough. Maybe Easy street once I get settled.

Imagine two 24V - 900W Currie motors @ 40V - LTO.

900 / 24 = 37.5 * 40 = 1,500W

s-l1600.jpg

Currie 24V Volt 900W Watt XYD-13 Electric Scooter Motor w 11 Tooth #25 Chain

Condition:
New: A brand-new, unused, unopened, undamaged item in its original packaging (where packaging is ... Read moreabout the condition
Size:
4"
Model:
XYD-13
Binding:
Sports
Weight:
6.3 lbs
Type:
Motor
Power:
900 watt
Dimensions:
L 10.5 x W 7 x H 6.5 inches
Label:
Currie
Max current:
48 amps
Color:
Black
MPN:
XYDJ130900120
Brand:
Currie
Suitable For:
E-Scooter
UPC:

Motor Specs:

Model: XYD-13 Motor
Type: Brush
Voltage: 24 volt DC
Rated Speed: 2600 RPM
Rated Current: 34 amp
Max Current: 48 amp
Rotation: Reversible
Sprocket: 11 tooth #25 chain sprocket
Max Output: 900 Watts

Yea.

Imagine two of them front and back for 3 kilowatts. 4 horsepower.

Build a push trailer with the 3 kilowatt brushless motor will give 8 horsepower total. 6 kilowatts.

55 mph gearing ?????

Please let me know.

Thanks.

LC. out.

55mph is crazy man, absolutely crazy.
A push trailer would have some interesting handling characteristics that would not be positive.
Do you want to go 55mph using the push trailer?
= Crazy

latecurtis said:
Imagine two of them front and back for 3 kilowatts. 4 horsepower.
Build a push trailer with the 3 kilowatt brushless motor will give 8 horsepower total. 6 kilowatts.
55 mph gearing ?????

The deal fell thru and not going to Virgina.

Power is getting shut off this week and we will be out on the street by Friday.

Thanks.

LC. out.

latecurtis said:
The deal fell thru and not going to Virgina.

Power is getting shut off this week and we will be out on the street by Friday.

Thanks.

LC. out.

Check your PMs my friend.

Thanks.

Looking at a place Saturday in Alliance. About 10 miles for $420. If I get it can probably move in for $630. Security and a half a month's rent. Between me and my wife we have > $1000. Close to $1,100 I think. Also > 200 in food stamps.

Thing is only 577 credit and no landlord references. My chances do not look good.

It will take a miracle.

Right now I am charging all my batteries. Went to my bank about 2.5 miles to get a bank statement as the branch downtown closed.

I have been riding around today getting food and water. Way too hot to walk or cook inside. Second time charging the LIFE packs today. All three SLAs are charged and the lawn mower battery.

IMG_20220615_194019400 (1).jpg

If I get my power cut can keep the fish alive with my 120W inverter and have a light up here. Without AC we will die during the day though. Was 94 degrees today. It would be around 110 in this attic apartment. AC is 10,000 btu and still 90 degrees over by the window away from the AC.

We will need to call the red cross or something. I wish I invested in those solar panels like I wanted to do a couple years ago. I would have had a bunch by now if I ordered a few every month.

Looking at places to go boondocking with my van.

https://go.campendium.com/what-is-boondocking/

Must be near a lake or body of water to keep cool during the day and have shade trees. Solar panels on the roof would collect 100% as no rain for a few days. Just very hot.

Thanks.

LC. out.

If you get desperate and still have power, you can put a fan by the window, sucking in air from outside, passing over a series of bedsheets or towels which have been soaked in water. Also, keeping yourself damp will help. Note that you must have another way for the air to get out of the apartment, or the air becomes humid and even worse. But if you have a good airflow through there, you've just built a basic swamp cooler/evaporative cooler.

Watch out for yourself - Heat Waves are a major cause of death for the elderly in Australia. I can't imagine it being any better where you are, if you're getting to 94*F.

Doesn't sound like money is the most pressing need (at least, not without huge sums to solve your problems.) Credit rating, and somewhere to stay are the big ones. But is there some way we can help?

Edit: BTW, 6kw will not get you to 55mph unless you have an extremely aerodynamic bike. On my old Vectrix, cruising at 57mph (90km/h) took about 8kw, maybe a touch lower if I took a racing position. And that thing had fairings. Admittedly, that thing was pretty heavy and had proper scooter tyres for good contact patch, but also means higher friction.

You could probably do it on a bike if you designed for efficiency over anything else, but if you were going to invest that much into it, might as well just throw more power at it.

Doesn't sound like money is the most pressing need (at least, not without huge sums to solve your problems.) Credit rating, and somewhere to stay are the big ones. But is there some way we can help?

Only if I were able to move somewhere where you guys are. If you knew a landlord that would rent that cheap. A personal reference.

Actually John met someone from Olean NY a couple days ago and something about a house there or in Jamestown. DA. would know about something maybe. He is the closest. Luke is about 3,000 miles on the west coast and you are in the UK right ? Kind of far.

DA is like 2 or 3 hours away. That Western part of NY is the best and cheapest part of NY now. Most of my family and friends are east of there in the north eastern upstate part on NY so would be closer for me to visit. Cold though in winter.

Eventually if I am to keep living this lifestyle I will need at least a 30 foot camper and a dozen solar panels on the roof. The cost of living has sky rocketed. Inflation is killing us and this credit , background and reference checks they do now make it close to impossible to rent anything.

It used to be a one page app. with a social security number and maybe one reference, Rent and security and a handshake. Not any more. Not it is close to impossible with no good credit. I met a guy on the street who has been homeless for years due to an eviction. It is not good.

Thanks.

LC. out.

Yeah, I'm in Australia, so no help finding or referring anyone there.

It's bitterly ironic that campers/motorhomes are now the province of the very rich and the very poor. Before Covid, I was looking at getting a 2nd hand entry level one. Would have been about $4k USD, needing about $1k-2k of work to make it liveable. Kitchen was in working state, but the deep cycle batteries needed renewing, and it could have done with a new floor and a lick of paint.

The other day, I saw a similar one for sale by the side of the road. Didn't see the inside, so no idea if it needed work, but they were asking for the equivalent of $15k for it. When we couldn't go overseas, the price of campers skyrocketed as people could still holidays locally.

Yeah, times are getting tough - we were doing okay after my wife lost her job halfway through Covid. But with the price of everything going up, we are tightening our belt too.

Let us know if there is something that could help.

Edit: BTW, 6kw will not get you to 55mph unless you have an extremely aerodynamic bike. On my old Vectrix, cruising at 57mph (90km/h) took about 8kw, maybe a touch lower if I took a racing position. And that thing had fairings. Admittedly, that thing was pretty heavy and had proper scooter tyres for good contact patch, but also means higher friction.

Yea.

Kidding or trolling about 50+ MPH. lol

So hot today I could not walk.

took a nap until 80 degrees.

Waited until 10 PM to drink and now can not talk. lol

Hopefully something will work out. I just need a place to be and can get my trailer and stat working on the 3 kilowatt motor and FX.

Until then it is storage and skid row. Society made that happen. No place to exist or live unless filthy rich. I thought Biden was for helping the common man and Trump was for the filthy rich.

It don't seem like that is the way things are going.

As much as I would like to function in hot or cold my health issues and age prohibit me to do. If I do not rectify the situation I will
cease to exist. Yea. I had a few beers.

I appreciate all of you intelligent people here on ES. You are my friends and I thank all of you for posting here.

Thanks

LC out.

Evaporative cooling only works in low humidity. Where LC lives the humidity is too high for fans and wet sheets.

tomjasz said:
Evaporative cooling only works in low humidity. Where LC lives the humidity is too high for fans and wet sheets.

There you go. I have little idea of US geography, bar the big cities, etc. They don't really work all that well here in Sydney either. We do have our very hot dry days, but more often, when it's hot, it's around 60% humidity. Not like Queensland - or Florida - for example, but evaporative coolers here aren't usable roughly 3/4 of the time.

Yeah, times are getting tough - we were doing okay after my wife lost her job halfway through Covid. But with the price of everything going up, we are tightening our belt too.

Its a tough kick. Aus seemed nice, was on my list but sadly it moved down a tad, lost some marks as they say.... for the time being and all. Bondi bruh, big rock, roo's, knives, vegemite, sand... moto tires!

a/c electrical is expensive, the Costco 10k btu's are good, get the ones with the piping for easy peasy.
You could peruse the pawn shops for a cheap a/c what ya figure? No, yeah no. Walmart!
I just say because I had to stop next to one today, Marshall Amp looked nice from behind :wink: had me thinking what kind of guitar to match with it until the light changed. Fat fingers for tall dude? Whatever the greats play, Clapton, JImmy, BTO

I am scared at anything over 30mph tbh :thumb:

Power was off most of the day yesterday. Thought it was the landlord did not pay the bill but was a big accident that took out two power poles about a half a block away.

John took us to a lake and rode around in the country for the day. Spent $40 between gas and fast food. Looks like we will be here until July unless the power gets shut off due to nonpayment.

The heat wave is over for now. 81 degrees will be the high for today. I would like to ride the bike today but no place to go.I will probably walk a little for exercise.

10:37 AM.

Took a ride to get breakfast. On my way to lunch now. I will charge after that and then not sure. The weather looks perfect for the weekend. 70 degrees or less for the highs.

Thanks.

LC. out.

Just a thought...

Think you could afford to pay your bills and improve your credit history if you curtailed breakfast and lunch expenses at restaurants? Maybe less booze and drugs would help your situation too. Before you expect others to extend a helping hand, you need to make an effort to improve yourself first.

Your screen name tells wonders about your personality.

nicobie said:
Think you could afford to pay your bills and improve your credit history

Little late on the credit history there. I doubt LC has seven years to bide his time until his next move.

We all have to play with the pieces that are left on our respective boards.

latecurtis said:
Took a ride to get breakfast. On my way to lunch now.

That should tell you everything you require to know about spending habits.

Chalo said:
nicobie said:
Think you could afford to pay your bills and improve your credit history

Little late on the credit history there. I doubt LC has seven years to bide his time until his next move.

We all have to play with the pieces that are left on our respective boards.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back