New Style Rad Rover Motor

Hello All, I have a friend that asked me to help him with his Rad Rover. Does anyone have any leads on where I can get info on this motor? It's off a 2-3 year old Rad City 5 Plus. It's got a bad Hall Sensor and this motor is not like the older motors. Wiring on this one comes out the brake Side instead of Drive side, so doesn't come apart like the older ones. Trying to take it further apart at this point and it sounds like the large metal plate is hitting ring gear, but I think it will actually clear it. It won't tap/hammer out like the older motors and I'm thinking I may need to use a 3-prong puller to push it through, as the magnetic hub maybe pressed in under ring gear... but I don't know for sure.

The motor runs good when I reset the battery and punch throttle with wheel off the ground, but will flash a code 24 and stop working after first stop.
So, I want to get it apart without damaging anything to try and replace hall sensor, but for not knowing the setup behind this plate and using a puller now on the Drive side, would be me driving blind at this point. Problem is I can't find anything on it on the Web. Sorry for the crappy pictures, I should have taken better ones, but I thought I was going to just be replacing the motor, so I put it back together and back on the bike to make it still ride-able. TIA
380162015_10226273866697344_2192681769453741918_n.jpg381684432_10226273867857373_3799582131976687597_n.jpg380293257_10226273867217357_706548382636145415_n.jpg

Can't see the axle well enough, so: Are there any jesus clips (c-clips, etc) on the axle preventing it from going thru the casing?

Some casings actually screw open their side covers, threaded at the edge of the cover, like my old Fusin "1000w".

The geared hub core (motor shell, magnet bell, etc) can't be pressing against any of the casing or ring gear parts, or else the gearing wouldn't work and the motor shell would directly drive the hub.

Which hall sensor has failed? (there are usually four, three for phase position detection, and a fourth for the wheel speed sensor) To be sure it's actually a hall sensor failure (rare when water intrusion or overheating isn't a factor), what test was done on them?

Has your friend upgraded from the original GO62 to the new GO63? There is a thread running on the Rad Owners forum about this upgrade where people are experiencing the same problem and are putting it down to pin compatibility issues with the new connector.

Can't see the axle well enough, so: Are there any jesus clips (c-clips, etc) on the axle preventing it from going thru the casing?

Some casings actually screw open their side covers, threaded at the edge of the cover, like my old Fusin "1000w".

The geared hub core (motor shell, magnet bell, etc) can't be pressing against any of the casing or ring gear parts, or else the gearing wouldn't work and the motor shell would directly drive the hub.

Which hall sensor has failed? (there are usually four, three for phase position detection, and a fourth for the wheel speed sensor) To be sure it's actually a hall sensor failure (rare when water intrusion or overheating isn't a factor), what test was done on them?
Hey Amber - There was a clip and selective shim on the Drive Side Axle which I removed - I can't find a Pinout for the plug connector but here is a video I just finished editing on the Diagnoses:

Has your friend upgraded from the original GO62 to the new GO63? There is a thread running on the Rad Owners forum about this upgrade where people are experiencing the same problem and are putting it down to pin compatibility issues with the new connector.

Hey AGS - Nothing has been changed on Bike since he has owned it. Will checkout the thread. Thanks!

The Julet Z916A cable used in RadCity 5 Plus is very hard to find. I am considering ordering this $40 extension cable: https://www.aliexpress.us/item/3256804413485528.html and replacing the female end with the far more popular Z916 (most Rad ebikes, octagonal plug with 3 fat pins and 6 small ones around the perimeter). The only premade adapter with Z916A I found uses the bigger red L1019 on the other end: 3 Pin Female to 9 Pin Male Motor Adapter

In case it helps, I made a list of popular ebike motor plugs at: Ebike motor connectors

Back