Newbie Build

Just to close the loop on the PAS install, I really needed to get in tight against the BB, since the magnet ring is so tight to the BB shell. Needed to really bend up the orig bracket. I needed to make sure that both ends of the sensor were reading the magnets, originally one end was riding up the downtube, both ends need to read.

22098064776_3e58263efe_c.jpg

Once I had the position correct, I put gorilla tape over the bracket/ziptie.

I've put about 150 mi on it at this point and just love the road riding, the PAS makes it IMHO. Off road riding not so much but, then again, its a rigid hardtail. Going for a wider, higher rise bar...also eyeing some cushier tires...

22124286045_bb0e8a2496_c.jpg

At first I thought batt would not make it for my 25mi commute but as I have learned to conserve power it seems like I have enough batt. It falls fast through the top half and scares me but then it holds strong through the bottom half and I have some left over. This is all according to my LCD3.

Also need to learn conservation of voltage. I'll try searching it but any tips appreciated. I have been turning the PAS down to 3 and pedaling more on the up and trying to not grind the motor. I use PAS 5 for coasting on the flats/downhills. At top speeds I feel like I am fighting the motor, I know it freewheels with no input but I feel resistance trying to pedal and push the motor at higher speeds, faster than it is going, Not really sure what to do with the motor if I think I can pedal faster than it is going, but maybe turn it off, as Dave suggested?

Back