QS 180 at 96V (long term use)

tylern

1 µW
Anyone have experience using the QS180 at 96V? I know it'll work, but can't tell if it's reliable at that voltage long term. Any stats on peak/continuous power at 96V as well? Want to be able to push performance sometimes, but will be using it regularly.

Mine runs on 24s or 100v fully charged since 2016.
I constantly read 20kw peaks from the BMS.
It's held up fine so far.

I did pour 200mill of some thick oil additive into it, don't know if it helped or not as I didn't do a comparison

For corrosion resistance mostly, just recently water got inside it and after drying it looked like it didn't suffer any damage.
I would also dip the hall PCB in epoxy or something to seal the contacts from corrosion.

Anyone have experience using the QS180 at 96V? I know it'll work, but can't tell if it's reliable at that voltage long term. Any stats on peak/continuous power at 96V as well? Want to be able to push performance sometimes, but will be using it regularly.
Do you mean at 96V, or 96V nominal (26s)? Not that it makes a lot of difference in this case, what kind of problem do you expect?
I run 30s, so more like 110V nominal, for maybe 1,5 years. Only 120V max though, because of controller limitations.
I dont really have any stats on power. I dont log anything, and I havent dynoed the bike.
I would expect that thai drag bike that do 402m in 10sec times (from my memory) to make some serious power though, and I think it is on just 24s.

Do you mean at 96V, or 96V nominal (26s)? Not that it makes a lot of difference in this case, what kind of problem do you expect?
I run 30s, so more like 110V nominal, for maybe 1,5 years. Only 120V max though, because of controller limitations.
I dont really have any stats on power. I dont log anything, and I havent dynoed the bike.
I would expect that thai drag bike that do 402m in 10sec times (from my memory) to make some serious power though, and I think it is on just 24s.
Have a 24s battery I built earlier so am trying to run it off that. Just worried if its thermally suited to run at that voltage without degrading quickly. Thanks for the information, think I'll go for it. Do you have your top speed or bike weight btw?

Sorry for multiple questions but what controller do you use?

Im not sure what you mean if it is thermally suited? It is normal voltage for the motor, if you are after max output it would be better to go for higher voltage. I would probably go 28s, because it is harder to find controllers for higher voltage. The current has more to do with how hot the motor gets. I have a fardriver nd961800, I couldent find a 1081800 at the time. I also have a 3shul cl1400 that i will give a try soon.

Back