r3volved's LR Norco @72v

thanks mate,

What's that silver big fat washer looking thing and how is that connected?

Unfortunately as I think you mentioned on the LR kit...

ebay site says:
Maximum sprocket teeth : 18T.

This I found also from about 10 different products.

That's why I ended up with the moto chain tensioner... but I highly doubt the moto one will work with a smaller rear than about 40...

can you explain how your 20t works with that tensioner you linked thanks?

Let me know if you want a different view than these...

This is my commuting setup - large chain wheel with 16t rear for 55kph@72v
qrPWTQll.jpg

Td7kmazl.jpg

This is my trail climber setup - small chain wheel with 20t rear for 35kph@72v (sorry chain line looks crooked but I couldn't get it straight in pic without sun in my lens...I also didn't tighten it right up)
EJ7I4wWl.jpg

KLhBzrql.jpg

Tensioner seems to work fine on 20t for me as long as the spring is tight...I don't think it could do much bigger. There's not really as much chain wrap as I'd like, but those sprockets have nice big solid teeth and grab the chain well enough. I still need another shadow conspiracy chain for the extra links though so I can use on this bike. They only come with 74 links or so - sized for a BMX.

The 'washer' is a spacer, you can see them more clearly on the last couple pictures. They're from a single speed conversion for freehub - they're to fill the rest of the width of the free hub when you only have one sprocket.

apreciate that thanks.

maybe you should try the connex http://www.connexchain.com/en/product/connex-1r8.html it's 112 links.

Origin8 make or rebrand similar or maybe the same adpaters. They are more affordable because they dont offer all the other spacer bits so I will probably buy a couple of those. I just want to test run 20t if its geared down enough for my purposes.

So I am guessing you can piece two or 3 adapters together with something like iso disc brake rotor bolts so they all join up as one pack? I must have a look at my local bolt shop if they have custom lengths. More the better I guess as long as there's no play on the hub body.

http://www.origin8.bike/product-description/?prod_model_uid=8906

I might trial this 20t with my bbs02....

cheers

r3volved said:
large chain wheel with 16t rear for 55kph@72v
small chain wheel with 20t rear for 35kph@72v

How many teeth is the large and small chain ring? and is this the stock combination LR sends out or does ask you to specify whether you want one or two chainrings etc.

thanks.

I'm running 48t/32t
I'm pretty sure you have to request the double chainring...fitment may be an issue on some frames IIRC.

At the time I ordered, he was also offering a 44t/32t double chainring but I don't know if that is still the case today.

...I also forgot to take those measurements for you last night. I'll try and get those to you in a couple hours if I don't forget.

KTyygrg.jpg

I used andersons on phase and soldered halls

Caught a bunch of fish! Lots of nice multi-pound small mouth bass. One little pike...no monsters :(
Saw a bald eagle fishing. Followed a huge snapping turtle around in the boat for a while. Saw a nice yearling black bear while out on the boat. Dogs chased a lot of foxes and beavers, lol

It was good times! Now back from reality sucks

All sounds cool but bear country sounds bit freaky...

Why do people use those big bloody chunky connectors? any way at least the halls are the same on the green time controller.

I did crappy solder on with 5.5 bullets which I wasn't happy with because the gauge of the cables on this controller is fn fat (not sure what but too big for the bullets)

I'll order fatter bullets today and redo them.

ta

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4pPvjsK8vEg
Are people using a torch for bullets? Works damn good. This guy ^ has a real nice setup

Ps, sounds like an awesome connection to nature R3. We don't have so many bears here, but most bears are peaceful creatures? and we have shotguns and bear mace just in case :lol:

Lol
I've been going up to that same cabin every year for almost 20 years and I've never seen a bear outside of the public dump sites. This was the first I've seen one 'in the wild' there. This one was just a yearling - maybe had a momma close by, I dunno it took off as soon as it saw the dogs in the boat.

It looked to be super healthy though! Very cool to see that - super rich black and no mange or scars or anything.

We've seen moose too in the past, trying to swim across the lake from island to island. Those things are HUGE and way scarier than that bear!

Are chain guides incompatable with the LR? It's hard to see behind the outer chainring on yours to see if you have one, I am pretty sure they arent....

I am wondering if I should just put up all my parts for sale: cranks, bb, derailuer, guide, shifter, casette - both truavati and shimano saints I should be able to recycle some funds.

I was planning to run it as is, but I reckon I'll gouge out the freebody and then need to replace that too.

I'm not using a chain guide.
I haven't looked into it. I was proactive on what I could predict and I'm reactive to whatever comes up. Chain drops haven't come up.

Southern Ontario (Canada)
....you don't know the half of it. The roads are ruttier than the trails! Spring is always the worst with all the fresh pot holes...it's sad when full suspension is a must have for on-road commuting.

The winter freeze here destroys the roads. This is why I haven't electrified a longboard yet...looking for mountainboards or waiting for hoverboards :D

I can feel your pain. Here in NYC what starts as a pothole ends as a crater by the end of the week. So much traffic. Even the bike lanes have these huge potholes.

Here's my morning commute through construction and then some construction to construction.
[youtube]S7LFxjh8kEc[/youtube]

Here's a short one of my shortcut through the park
[youtube]kLs36MeTYHE[/youtube]

I gotta find a few other good ways to mount the camera and take some other POV's

Fun videos r3volved.your mid drive is super quiet. my DD hub is louder :lol: ,last time i was in waterloo would have been in the mid 80s,must be H E double toothpicks when theres rain to commute!

We haven't had much rain at all lately. We need some!
When it's stupid raining, I take the bus or cab.

Soon that whole end of my train track path will be paved. They've been doing it all for a few months now for the light rail system that's going in (stupid).

It's better than it was though...

How much did you pay for your batteries and what did you buy from ex-battery?

Have you climbed any steep hills yet on your ebike, like in the 15%+ category, for extended periods of time?

Thanks

I got a 20s6p INR18650-25R (broken up into 4 modules - 2x 4s6p && 2x 6s6p) from Quentin. That's 72V15ah Samsung-25R's. At the time it came out to around $1200CDN...IIRC it was just under $1000USD.

I can't find any info on the slope gradients, but I've gone through our local skihill paths with zero problems (I used to pull my son up those paths with my old GnG@48V with zero issue). Ski hill is called "Chicopee" http://www.discoverchicopee.com/ and has an elevation of 200ft. From what I can find online, it looks to be about 10-15% at most by calculating the ski runs, but I don't know exactly.

Here are some trail reviews of that area: http://trails.mtbr.com/cat/trails-around-the-world/canada-trails/trails-canada-ontario/trail/chicopee-ski-hill/prd_166238_4528crx.aspx#reviews

I used to live right at the base of that ski hill and had a super climb to get to work - I used to see all the scooters get bogged down and walked up and was one of the motivations to go mid-drive in the first place. My area on the other side of town now is pretty flat with only slight (continuous) elevation changes on my commute...I would like to try a hub motor commuter now.

There's some nice little hills in those fields! Can't really see it from that POV but I'm getting a foot or two air off a couple of those hills in the 'park shortcut' video.

Back