Reached the limitations of MTB frames for my purpose should I go stealth clone, or super73 clone.

boytitan

100 W
I plan on with a year converting my semi full suspension cannondale scalpel back to a regular bike and building a dedicated ebike/ mainly escooter up.

Are super73 style frames with a single rear mono shock better than stealth frames or are they simply more popular. I can't decide between building a bike with either a stealth frame clone or super 73 clone both would be able to handle the battery specs I would throwing around at least 72volt 30ah. If I go stealth clone I would be keeping 26inch wheels if I go super 73 I would be using 20 inch fat bike wheels. Both would be a hub motor from leaf. My main issue is battery space. I see super 73 frames are more popular but those are popular more so with social media influencers without technical bike skills in the realm of electrical or mechanical skills. I have not seen those super 73 frames posted here much to know if they are better or not.

I imagine the 20inch fat bike wheel style frames are lower to the ground and have lesss drag and be more efficient than a stealth clone frame like Chinese knock off futr etc plus a hub motor is already bad for off road anyways so the lack of off road cability of the 73 clone should not be a deal breaker.

Last edited:
You have to be careful choosing a clone frame. The build quality is variable.

Here is an example.

My neighbor is a super 73 social media promoter. They do give him big perks. And they're good for him and his wife. I don't see him much but he bought a super 73 style bike with a big motor in a 72 volt battery I think it's a QS 3,000w motor as it is big and very heavy and a lot of money. I will ask him about it when I see him. It lives at his father's house.

That’s the thing with high power Super 73s. They get so heavily modified, the only thing that remains original is the frame. And clone frames are on Alibaba for under 400 dollars. So you can build your own 5KW Super 72 for way less than the price of a standard Super 73 from the factory.

Last edited:
What job does the bike have to do for you, under what conditions?

That will help determine what the core bike has to be, knowing what it has to take, how it has to handle, under what speeds and conditions, etc.

What job does the bike have to do for you, under what conditions?

That will help determine what the core bike has to be, knowing what it has to take, how it has to handle, under what speeds and conditions, etc.
Just street riding. Basically asking are the super 73 frames any good compared to stealth style frames. Theres has to be some reason they took of more than stealth clones aside from marketing and price.

Back