Sensorless Sync Issues (was Phase Combinations, Aotema)

Beachcruzer said:
Success! With some input from Lyen I think I've finally got this thing tuned properly.

First, I programmed the controller for 30 amps rated/50 amps phase, as Lyen suggested. That should have reined the power output back to the low-2000 watt range, but it had little discernible effect--the controller was still pumping around 5000 watts at WOT (72 volt lipo pack), efficiency was 107 wh/mile, and it was losing sync at high speed.

Then Lyen told me to change the RShunt value in my Cycle Analyst from 1 mOhm to 2 mOhm, and amp limit from 80 to 100. (It doesn't go up to 100, so I set to 99). I did that, and the controller magically calmed down. Peak wattage is a more reasonable 2,500 or so, efficiency is 45 wh/mile, and no sync issues. Wound up to 40 mph with no problems.

I have zero clue why the controller didn't function as programmed until the CA was set properly, but there you have it.

Good news!
I have the same problem, but I don't have a cyclanalyst.
I will try to change the amps value on my controller, I'm waiting a new usb uart (burned the last one lol)

The only way I can stop the mad vibration is to turn the amps down and that doesn't suit me at all.

snellemin has the same setup and has no issues, so unless overheating the motor had something to do with it I have no idea. I've no other Pie to test!

The more I turn up the amps the worse it gets, I've stand alone cycle analyst so that isn't an issue for me.

I want my mac back! :cry:

OK update......................

Since going back to 16S LiPo from 24S and playing with the software again. I no longer have the vibration!

I can wot as much as I want pulling 83 amps from still.

I've no idea why it's working now. Unless I got lucky and got the right battery and phase combo ?

Weird!

Back