Spoke length for Mac Rear?

waynebergman

100 kW
My mac 10t has just arrived. Doing my best to figure out spoke lengths required and not sure about a few things. It has been recommended to me to use the ebike.ca spoke calculator and just use the ezee or bmc peramateres for calculating the needed lengths for the mac. Based on my ERD on my Sun Singletrack rim of 496mm I get a spoke length recommendation of 169mm using the above plan. So far so good. But now looking at my hub I am noticing the hub flanges are not centered on the axle stops like my HS3540 are so I am thinking there would need to two lengths of spokes given from the ebike.ca calculator for the offset flanges in order to center the rim on the axle stops. So now I am wondering if the mac is different than the eZee and BMC because it has off of center hub flanges. I would think if the eZee hub had the same centering as a mac the spokes would need to be different lengths for drive and non drive sides?

Has anyone laced one of these rear wheel macs and used different lengths of spokes to dish the wheel to center it on the hub?

Also on a side note this mac comes with some cheesy looking nuts and washers. I have some nordlocks that I would like to use but all my wiring connectors came attached to the wiring so I can not take of the nuts and washers as the connectors on the wiring are too big to fit through the opening of the nuts and the plastic end cap. So my wiring question is for my hall sensor connector which houses 5 small wires......can these wires be simply pulled out of the connector and then pushed back into the connector after I get all the nuts and washers swapped out or do I need to do any soldering to take of the connector from the hall wiring?

Hope this all makes sense and thanks for the help ..............wayne

Back