Still big scooting in San Jose.

Scootdan

100 W
IMG_0814.jpegJust an update on my San Jose scooter. 2 - 12k watt QS 273 motors on 17” x 6” rims. 2 - 72v. 680 amp FarDriver controllers, independent keys, dual three speeds. 2 - 72v. 87.5 Ah lithium polymer batteries. 2 - 150 amp active balancing BMSs. 0 to 60 in around 3 seconds. Range about 100 miles. Charge time with one 110v 12.5 amp charger on each battery about 6 hours. About 3700 total miles on this scoot, with about 1400, very quick miles since the major rebuild. Hope you enjoy it.

Attachments

• IMG_3358.jpeg
    IMG_3358.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 44
  • IMG_0676.jpeg
    IMG_0676.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 40
  • IMG_3619.jpeg
    IMG_3619.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 41
Have you had to do any frame repairs so far?

Haha this thing is insane, love it.
The battery seem neat, that's two independant Daly BMS + their balancing board, right? Do they work well?

Also the tablet dashboard seem interesting, could you elaborate on how its working for you?

Did you ever try to tow a freight train with this beast? I bet it can :ROFLMAO::LOL:
Be careful with this thing, 0-100 in 3 sec is no joke!

What a beast!

‘Thank you very much, I take that as a high compliment because I absolutely love my Beast. Riding this is so addictive, I am having way too much fun. Of course safety first, and above all else, but when possible this thing has CRAZY acceleration. I also like being high up, with a great view. I can usually see right over the top of all the traffic around me, which feels much safer to me. I have already had a couple of times it helped me very easily avoid trouble others might not have seen. Still working on it and finishing it up. ⚡IMG_3582.jpeg

Haha this thing is insane, love it.
The battery seem neat, that's two independant Daly BMS + their balancing board, right? Do they work well?

Also the tablet dashboard seem interesting, could you elaborate on how its working for you?

Did you ever try to tow a freight train with this beast? I bet it can :ROFLMAO::LOL:
Be careful with this thing, 0-100 in 3 sec is no joke!
I love it more brother! Can you imagine how powerful this thing feels going up hills! I am so hooked. The Daly bms are awesome and I have my two 72v drive batteries, and my 12v auxiliary battery all on Bluetooth. The tablet is just a touchscreen dash cam. It records my rides on front and rear cameras and has apple car play and navigation, which I love. I usually keep it on the rear cam, like in this on the road picture but I have a button to pull up the rear camera at any time, which I really like. I am getting some good chest cam videos that you can really feel how amazingly fast this thing takes off and how fun in the turns, so hope to share that soon. Best reguards. ⚡IMG_3592.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_3633.jpeg
    IMG_3633.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 14
  • IMG_3595.jpeg
    IMG_3595.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 18
  • IMG_0837.jpeg
    IMG_0837.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 18
A truck weighing scale would be needed :cool:
Hehe! Actually great idea, the dump is only a few miles away and they have a truck scale that might be pretty accurate! Brilliant. I will get back to you on that. I believe it is a little over 500 pounds.

What a monster. Like a scooter version of Death Bike.
And I remember starting out with a Zappy scooter with maybe 150w if you were lucky.

You know
when you see wires neatly arranged with zip ties equal lengths from each other
it shows pride.

The cockpit looks busy to me, but no I wont count the buttons, but I do like looking at it.
Nice top clamp with the rubber grommet, in addition to the other 2 I assume are plastic clamps.
Blue zip tie gives a nice color abstract to the visuals.

The head turns would be outrageously high.

What a monster. Like a scooter version of Death Bike.
And I remember starting out with a Zappy scooter with maybe 150w if you were lucky.
You can see it in ’action’ on Instagram right now. If you go to San Jose Chisme they have some spy footage and a little write up we did. I have some videos of riding on the freeway too that are pretty good. Imagine seeing me go by you on the freeway standing up? It is a new reality.

You know
when you see wires neatly arranged with zip ties equal lengths from each other
it shows pride.

The cockpit looks busy to me, but no I wont count the buttons, but I do like looking at it.
Nice top clamp with the rubber grommet, in addition to the other 2 I assume are plastic clamps.
Blue zip tie gives a nice color abstract to the visuals.

The head turns would be outrageously high.
You know my bike is a work in progress. I only show pics of it here because this is an advocacy and builders forum, and I assume most would understand I am still shaking the bike down. I have soft beauty wraps that should look really nice that will eventually replace all the zip ties around the exposed cables. Zip ties work great as a temporary way to make sure things work before I finalize something. I also have, and am still making, various covers for things you may see hanging out here. It worked out too, because now I need to change a brake and will only need to cut a few zip ties. You will have to check back in a few months if you want to see it ready to show to Jay Leno!
As far as turning heads it is phenomenal. I see so many smiles it is absolutely awesome. Tons of thumbs up and joyful hollers. Lots of people filming me and a lot of fantastic comments and questions on videos l have. Loving every minute of it bro.

Attachments

• IMG_3574.jpeg
    IMG_3574.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 24
  • IMG_3566.jpeg
    IMG_3566.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 27
  • IMG_0166.jpeg
    IMG_0166.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 29
  • IMG_3381.png
    IMG_3381.png
    6 MB · Views: 28
That’s the baddest looking scooter I’ve seen. Way to be creative and innovative with your own design 👍.. I think you had a build thread of this monster scooter, right? Two qs273! Gotta love that.

I would really like to know, 0 to 30mph?
Or 0 to 60mph if you take it that fast?

Stay safe and have fun! 🤠

That’s the baddest looking scooter I’ve seen. Way to be creative and innovative with your own design 👍.. I think you had a build thread of this monster scooter, right? Two qs273! Gotta love that.

I would really like to know, 0 to 30mph?
Or 0 to 60mph if you take it that fast?

Stay safe and have fun! 🤠
Thank you very much sir. I appreciate your excellent taste and obvious high intelligence! I did post here on the original build that was over a year ago. Then it had only one battery and weighed about 350 pounds. Now it has three batteries and is around 500 pounds. The speed is just astonishing. 2WD with a big battery for each motor feels like you’re on a rocket. 0 to 30 mph In under 2 seconds, 0 to 60 in under four seconds. Those are just my estimates, and I think they are pretty close, but they don’t begin to tell how fast this bike is. You guys need to see some of the videos I have. It doesn’t make cars look like they’re standing still, it makes them look like they’re in reverse! 40 mph to 60 mph in under 2 seconds. 50 mph to 70 mph in under 2 seconds. I have taken it a little over 70 mph on the freeway so far, but I don’t really know a top speed yet, but she cooks. I try to always be a safe and respectful driver, and fully appreciate how dangerous so much power can be. Even driving very carefully on this beast is so fun because it is so capable and has ultra thrust with the flick of the wrist. This is a pic from the video of my freeway ride today which was so much fun. When I first ordered my parts I dreamed of riding standing up on the the freeway, now I can do it every day. Life is good. ⚡

Attachments

• IMG_0846.jpeg
    IMG_0846.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 18
  • IMG_3578.jpeg
    IMG_3578.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 17
I love it, nice that you are refining it as we should do over time.

I never thought about using quality cable covers, that'll be a great addition.

I have taken it a little over 70 mph on the freeway so far... When I first ordered my parts I dreamed of riding standing up on the the freeway, now I can do it every day. Life is good. ⚡
Is it freeway legal?

If it didn't have a seat, could ya just tie your shoe laces to the edge? like a safety cleat?

:😆: Sorry, not enough sleep and my brain is mushy

That's it.. Next time I am in the land of uhm cisco engineers and dying orange orchards I need to see this thing in the reals...
I suspect it's not legal anywhere unless it's registered and insured.
I suspect you’re right sir. Towards that I enter March 5, 2024, the day of my DMV appointment! Hell yes, I am so stoked! I am trying to get a title and any kind of registration they will give me. I am dreaming of being fully road legal and able to travel on the freeways, but I will be happy with anything that lets me keep riding. It is different because, as far as I know I have the only 2WD cycle with this much power and am the only one who knows how to ride it, especially at highway speeds. It takes awhile to learn it safely, so I couldn’t trust a driving instructor to just jump on it and be able to certify its roadworthyness at freeway speed! I am hoping they might be flexible and say have a motorcycle instructor ride behind me on a road test. Other than that I think I have most of my requirements covered. I also dream of building this type of monster scooter for law enforcement. They could really use some of the nice tactical advantages it has especially vision and visibility, speed and power. And they would look AWESOME rolling up looking 10 feet tall , standing up straight and proud, ripping by with a big quiet wooossh! I have been SO lucky to ride a few thousand miles on my neighborhood roads with nothing but positive energy from my many many encounters with Police officers here. One picture here the officers were filming me on their phone, giving me thumbs up, and approving toots on the horn! Talk about making my day! I always assume they could at least give me a huge ticket and confiscate my scoot, so I feel very blessed. I always try to be safe and considerate on the road and fully appreciate the responsibility and awesome freedoms we are given so long as we are adult about things. Hope you will wish me luck guys. I really appreciate the cool comments. 😎

Attachments

• IMG_0847.jpeg
    IMG_0847.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 21
  • IMG_0850.jpeg
    IMG_0850.jpeg
    306.7 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_0848.jpeg
    IMG_0848.jpeg
    894.9 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_0849.jpeg
    IMG_0849.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 21
Oddly enough, in all the years of attempting to do the dumbest thing I could every day, cops rarely had any impact unless.. well to be honest I bloody well needed a god smack to the gob.

I have found looking back at my life, the times the cops came and showed me the fine selection of jewelry they had rare ever was I not at least in the minority of causing the problem...

Granted, it is a lot easier to see it that way when not looking at an upcoming court date.

I am interested it you have the same issues I had when I had to re-title a vehicle that I had "modified beyond the ability to relate its current appearance to the one listing on the registration

There was a lot of kerfuffle and stick waiving until I brought out the images, and the diagrams, and that mellowed it, still took over a year to get them to admit that yes, the chassis numbers are still the same.

814276-39650-bzmuirxpjn-1471445031.jpg

I’m picturing a modern remake of Ben-Hur…E-Ben-Hur.

Oddly enough, in all the years of attempting to do the dumbest thing I could every day, cops rarely had any impact unless.. well to be honest I bloody well needed a god smack to the gob.

I have found looking back at my life, the times the cops came and showed me the fine selection of jewelry they had rare ever was I not at least in the minority of causing the problem...

Granted, it is a lot easier to see it that way when not looking at an upcoming court date.

I am interested it you have the same issues I had when I had to re-title a vehicle that I had "modified beyond the ability to relate its current appearance to the one listing on the registration

There was a lot of kerfuffle and stick waiving until I brought out the images, and the diagrams, and that mellowed it, still took over a year to get them to admit that yes, the chassis numbers are still the same.
Sounds like a hassle for sure. They probably don’t get too many situations like you had, or I have. So I was riding my scoot last night and who pulls up beside me? ( see pic). So I think I am going to jail or at least getting a ticket. He lets me know I have brake lights, but no running lights in the rear. I have them, I just forgot to turn them on. I turn them on and he said that looked good, asked me to be careful, thanked me, and drove off ahead of me. Absolutely stunning. I am counting my lucky stars every day bro, and going riding again this afternoon.

Attachments

• IMG_0861.png
    IMG_0861.png
    5.6 MB · Views: 16
Back