Torque Sensor wiring issue

Hello, I am new to this group. New to e-bikes too. I have a Grunberg Moskito bike. 36v 10.4ah battery and 250w front wheel hub motor. I bought the bike as 'not running'. Afterward, I inspected and found that, some components (probably capacitors) in the controller(Bafang) were burnt. The capacitors were connected to the VCC and the 36v positive. I noticed that the PAS sensor wire which was coming from underneath the small crankcase, has 6 pin connector of which 2 wires inactive(cut out, white and blue). But 4 wires connected to the controller (green brown, orange, black). So I looked for the Bafang controller. But I could not find anywhere. Most of the controllers have 3 pin pas(cadence, i guess). Then I looked online, and I thought it was probably a torque sensor. But I could not find a similar controller either. My controller had waterproof round connectors. Then I ordered one torque sensor controller from Ali express https://nl.aliexpress.com/item/4000...il_item.2.3cdd6d76IQMIvc&gatewayAdapt=glo2nld . The controller comes with a display. But mine was color display. So I managed to connect most of the wires of my old display to the controller. And the display turns on and can be controlled with the external on/of and +/- buttons.
Now the Problems are, the cables from the LCD and the cables from the 2 brake switches are combined in one thick cable which has 8 pins on the controller's side. From these pins, I have carefully connected some to the new controller. Which are : brake cable to the NEW controller's brake signal, black to ground, VCC to controller's SW. also 36v+, 36v-, RX and TX. The old color display turns on and off by the separate switch perfectly, as I mentioned before. But there are still 2 wires remaining from the 8 pin. In the old controller, these 2 were connected as : Red to 5+ and blue to ZB(or Z8, cant tell). There are 3 different 5+ in the old controller. But in the new controller, all 5+ are coming from one rail. So i am confused. Should I connect the red to that 5+ anyway? What about the blue (ZB) one? What is it?
Another thing, first i am not even sure anymore that if my bike has torque sensor or not. If it has a torque sensor, then, my old controller sent 5 volts to that sensor. The new controller has 12v fro torque sensor which comes from a switching mosfet in the pcb. What should i do? Should I put the torque sensor 5+ve wire in the new controller's 5+ volt instead? The other wires from the sensor in the bike went to(in old controller PCB) brown = LJ, green = ZL1 and black = gnd. New controller PCB does not have LJ or ZL1. Instead, it has green=TA, white+AD1 .
What to do?
Thanks in advance.

Since this is the subforum that deals with the bicycle component side of ebikes (the non-E stuff), you might get better support posting in one of the technical subforums. EBike Technical

General comment is that unless there are only come minor issues to fix. buying a non-working factory ebike to repair can be very challenging and in many cases more expensive that converting a non-ebike. Is there anything particular about the bike that you like? On the torque sensor, you'll likely need to buy a new one that is compatible with whatever compenents you end up selecting.

Since this is the subforum that deals with the bicycle component side of ebikes (the non-E stuff), you might get better support posting in one of the technical subforums. EBike Technical

General comment is that unless there are only come minor issues to fix. buying a non-working factory ebike to repair can be very challenging and in many cases more expensive that converting a non-ebike. Is there anything particular about the bike that you like? On the torque sensor, you'll likely need to buy a new one that is compatible with whatever compenents you end up selecting.
thanks. i am going to buy the torque sensor which was advertised with it.

Back