Trek Lime is NO lemon: video duds #37A and #37 in place now

ADDENDUM NOTE: merging thread,
http://www.endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=12077&hilit=Lime+taco+wheel
(now a dead thread)
into this thread, because:
WonderProfessor said:
So what happened? Did she have insurance? Did you wake up with some whiplash? How's the bike?
I got the replacement wheel today. Paid for it out of pocket.
No physical injury to self worth noting. Only a taco'd rear wheel.
Insurance? She was evasive. Cops did not cite her. Nor would they give me "driver exchange of information", as mandated by law, as the minimum that they must do in case of a vehicle Vs. a pedestrian or cyclist or motor vehicle collision.

I cannot even call by telephone, nor mail enquiry to the pretty...
...sweetie-girl, who has yet to even call me (she has my name and telephone, I do not have her name nor number) to offer to pay even a dime.

She ADMITTED at the time, "I'm sorry I hit you!". God, did she hit me: the rear wheel, and rolled my body from the bike, off the sidewalk, into the traffic lane of US1.

I offered, "It was an accident. You were zoned out, we all make these errors."
sarcasm; she speaks standard, clear English, not like this:
"I...saw-wwy. I pay. I waitress. Not much money..."
She drives a NEW CAR.
She said "I have a house...I have parents. I am 21.
I am working my way through university."

Corrupt Coral Gables cops did not cite her for RUNNING ME DOWN and ruining my new Lime.

Late tonight, I may just have the energy to swap in the new, OEM Lime rear wheel.
I'll show you all the invoice that I paid with Ernie's CASH.

Then the fun begins: IF the C.G. po-po do not see that she PAYS in full, that invoice,
I SUE everybody: the police dept, and her,and it will be a jolly fun time!

For darned sure, I will never ride at night without: flashing, green, valve stem covers,
dangling green....no, BLUE, baton lamp-beacon-dongles,
and I will be very careful to NEVER trust "eye contact".
Three times in my life: accident collision, after making full and positive eye contact with zombie-brained drivers. Take a warning:
they will still run you down.

Pictures of the bike and its restoration, to come soon...maybe before tomorrow daylight.

Thanks for asking, inquiring, but...

...this journalist is as mad as hell and won't take any more shite from pretty girls batting eyelashes,
nor fractured "scenario" projections from
Porky Pig Sargent Cop, who said at the scene of the recent
Lime strike-out: "You were not hit. I say you just got nervous and fell off your bike." :x :x :x :x

I will have his ass in a figurative slingshot ere long.

And the Lime: will light up the night, all bright green and white and blues (the most visible nighttime colour is green) with blinkers, flashers and... 'anti-mashers'.
My bike/s will be idiot-girl and criminal-cop proof.

And, being a LIME, and now that I now have become master of its shiftings,
it will be, again, one very sweet riding bicycle, electrically shifted,
manual transmission and manual-electric :D rider-controlled.

Addendum: the five dollar "dongle" that LED flashes it's translucent length,
shall be BLUE, not green; blue-any-light is against the law, technically.
"They" can cite me. But I will take 'em to court and show the judge this thread.

POINT: drunken drivers are known to drift from the roadway, and strike objects of flashing light.
POINT: the drunks go "whoa" when they see any sort of BLUE light. Blue means "police" to them all.

Under normal circumstances, as on a car, any sort of flashing blue can cause cars' drivers to think,
"uh oh, that's a cop! I had better be careful and slow down."

I shall "break the law" and carry on the bike, front and rear, two, puny BLUE LED 'dongles'.
I'm not a kid with flashing blue lights on his Camaro, to be possibly mistaken by car drivers as a plainclothes cop car.
Rather, I am a vulnerable, small, mortal man on a little black bike at night.

And I WILL NOT BE STRUCK DOWN again by a brain-off pretty girl,
nor by a drunk driver (blue is drunk repellent, and also, cop-attractant.

I will explain reality to Mr. Policeman, and he/she will please make exception
and let me go my safe way...or we go to court and make a court scene,
and a judge adjudicates me guilty, perhaps, and the media gets involved over
the silly nothing matter of a cyclist with a bike lit up like an Xmas tree:
white in front, red and amber at the rear, green on the sides and BLUE at front, rear and sides:
it won't look like a cop car. Cop cars do not look like bicycles.

Bike-jacking thugs at four AM, when I ride, will think three times before saying "let's knock Buster, there off his bike and take his bike".. bee-cause: "buster" here, is not only lit up like a potential cop,
but carries a hidden, secret, lethal weapon by which to "mark" any vehicle that brushes his bike off the road, yet fails to kill him.
It is called a "crescent wrench", and will be thrown at the hit/run driver,
god allowing, marking such hit-run vehicle of any sort, with broken glass or dented sheet metal,
to make the thing all traceable. The wrench or crowbar (a small one is good) will be painted yellow, too, so that its mark of impact will prove itself by paint colour transfer to the hit-run vehicle.

I will not be a sheepish victim ever again of cops or of pretty girls with sweet excuses to steal my life or my mate's money.

so that they can know how to wrench and replace a flat rear tire, and how to adjust the LIME to shift,
or do basic fixes on any bike.

Hence, the placement of this thread is a bit out of the right panel. It's not "General", and now, it's not quite "Electric Bike Review", but, it is all in one place. Admin can move this thread however, where ever, whenever they see best. As long as it does not spoil =this= panel, I say: let's let it lay here for the time being?

Thanks all,

BLUE DONGLE reid

(I'll show you all some idea-pictures later. Keep alive till then, and beyond?)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~me, as I would prefer to think and act:
[youtube]9G_PryRffPo[/youtube]

Back