TSDZ2 Temp sensor installed, now intermittent E02

Gully.Moy

1 mW
Hi guys,

Frustrated with the performance of the TSDZ2 750W, I installed an LM35 temperature sensor as per this thread and flashed emmebrusa's latest OSF so I could keep the original VLCD5.

It seemed to go ok, but when I got it back together again and turned it on, the display read "62.4mph" (Soc%?) and then "E02" with no power. After turning it off and on a few times it did start to work and I pressed 'lights on' to show the temperature as per configuration and it read "1.8", but soon got E02 again.

Error 2 is listed as "Motor hall fault or motor short circuit", so I opened it back up to inspect. Sure enough, I had fitted the big plug (hall sensors?) back to front having misinterpreted the connector. So I corrected this and put it back together again, but still got E02 intermittently.

So I opened it up again for a more thorough look and found that there was a poor connection (loose but not shorting) from the output pin of the LM35. So I improved this and put it back together, testing as I went. All seemed well until I was ready to try riding, but then E02! I could however get more sensible temperature readings after (around 20-21) and when E02 is not showing it works great!

But now I am at a loss as what is triggering E02. I wondered if it could be something shorting on the case because I haven't seen E02 when it's still open, but all the connections look good and are well insulated. Probably I should disconnect the LM35 and test, but I can't face opening it again right now and I don't know what I'd do with the results. I also wondered whether I could have damaged the pins on the hall sensor plug when I reverse connected it, but I did check and it looked ok.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

E02 is not "Motor hall fault or motor short circuit", where did you see it?

Copy / paste from the manual:

E02 - ERROR_TORQUE_SENSOR
A mechanical problem may have occurred with the torque sensor or the calibration at startup has not been performed correctly.
A torque was probably applied to the pedals during power on.
Switch off and on again so that the system can recalibrate, without forcing the pedals.
If the "Torque sensor calibrated" function is enabled, check on the display if the value of "Pedal torque ADC offset "with free pedals and" Pedal torque ADC max "with maximum effort, correspond to those entered in the configurator.

Ah, of course, I didn't think to check the OSF manual for error codes. I just googled 'E02 TSDZ2' and found this thread and this pdf with similar description for the VLCD5.

Interestingly, I see a slight difference from your copy/paste to my OSF manual. Where you have pasted
If the "Torque sensor calibrated" function in enabled...
I see
If the "Torque sensor advanced" function in enabled...
Incidentally, I had activated "Torque sensor advanced", but not "Torque sensor calibrated", contrary to the configuration manual. Perhaps this is causing the problems. I have just reflashed with "Torque sensor advanced" disabled and no E02 so far. I will try it out properly tomorrow!

Thanks so much for your help and all the amazing work on the OSF Mbrusa!! :bigthumb:

Back