• Howdy! we're looking for donations to finish custom knowledgebase software for this forum. Please see our Funding drive thread

Turnigy Heavy Duty 5000mAh 6S 60C Lipo Pack w/XT-90

Kalts123

1 mW
Hello!
I noticed some that disturbs me about that battery. Hope someone can help me a bit. I already bought 4 of them to my ebike project. I wanted to make a high current bike 88v to 200A but now I found out that battery wires are 10 awg and xt90 connectors that cant even handle half of that current. Battery can make 300A cont. like its written and that doesn´t make sense that wires cant do a half of it. Or is there something I miss about that? Anyone?

Yeah you're not pulling 300A from a 5Ah battery. Look around on this forum for applications of RC LiPo, to get a better idea of what to realistically expect from them. Far more reliable source than the manufacturer.

More like 25% of the rating, if you want to discharge it relatively cool. The wires are adequate for a burst. The battery itself is not adequate for a continuous discharge at the rated amps.

60c pack, 15-20 c should work. I would eliminate original plugs though, and hard crimp all your paralells. Then do something huge for the final plugs that may be doing series connects.

50% de rate for all other stuff works good, for a discharge rate that does not cook them off. Bear in mind, I don't think anybody really claims max cycles from a 100% rated continous discharge. But very brief spikes at that rate are possible.

6p packs (30 ah) should do er, but it will go out quick at 200 amps. Hard to carry much more than 30 ah on any bike.

That's 24 of the 5 ah packs, so a lot to buy. Start with 12, see how it goes, how long you are actually really pulling 200 amps. The motor may only pull 200 amps for less than a second. 15 ah might do er, in practice, if your continuous pull is still only 80 amps or so.

I just bought 4 of them too, running just 12s. They are doing well, none puffed, all hold good capacity, and at the rate I run em, stay very balanced. Good price on them, it went down just after I bought, damnit. This means they were not all that fresh, damnit.

Back