Vector bike and frame owners.

macribs said:
Artur, when will you have motors, controllers, and rims in stock? And will you also provide motors laced into motor cycle rims?
That QS motor, there was some talk about you getting some custom made motors from QS. Any more info on that? Are you getting thicker phase wires, or maybe bigger axle?

Would love a QS 205 laced into 18" x 1.4" alu rim with alu nipples........

Controllers will be on a next week, motors already in Ukraine, but I need few days to deliver them to workshop and test.
Yes we can lace motor in rim. At the moment we have 17 rim. I am looking to buy 18" rims.
I will upload info about motor after test here.

Just got HK turnigy 4s lipo to day and I can confirm the 3 will fit side by side with a little over hang. I can tell that Its possible to fit 30ah of these lipo pack but not much room for anything else.

Artur said:
GiantEV said:
Are you using spacers?

How are you routing the rear brake line through the frame? I'm mostly concerned with how it enters the front of the frame since there is a hole at the rear of the frame already.

In the small side panels there is a cut for cables and hydro line.

My hydrlic is to short to so I had to have it run on the side of the battery's you can see it on the above picture.

Waiting on chain, rear brake, and headset. Will mount it ASAP.
I have the controller where the seat is mounted, and i am going to install vents and fans if overheating is going to be a problem.
The 5ah 72v battery way too small... But it gets me to work :)

Some progress on mine...

Rear lights completed (I don't why I didn't turn the phone sideways)
[youtube]VAOQ2T1Oq3k[/youtube]

Headlights installed but not wired, one spot one flood

Current status, ride-able!

This rats nest controls all the lights on the bike, not fun to make this...

I took it out a couple times and hit 40mph with plenty to go. I didn't have the wheels trued all the way so I cut it at 40. Pulls like a freight train wow!! On the stand (or bucket) it hits 59mph with wheel/tire no OVS. This is with running autodetect 3 times. It seemed to get better each time I ran it. This is the QS 205 4T (11.5kV) motor with F/R 19" 1.6 JHR rims with Shinko 241s.

Routybouty said:
Some progress on mine...

Rear lights completed (I don't why I didn't turn the phone sideways)
[youtube]VAOQ2T1Oq3k[/youtube]

Current status, ride-able!

I took it out a couple times and hit 40mph with plenty to go. I didn't have the wheels trued all the way so I cut it at 40. Pulls like a freight train wow!! On the stand (or bucket) it hits 59mph with wheel/tire no OVS. This is with running autodetect 3 times. It seemed to get better each time I ran it. This is the QS 205 4T (11.5kV) motor with F/R 19" 1.6 JHR rims with Shinko 241s.

Looks awesome! I got the 24.5T motor (9.03kV). last bits I need are from JHR, how long did it take for you to receive your order from him?

Routybouty said:

Loved your tail light. Real nice work, and the turn signals and brake lights - smooth :!:
Can you elaborate on your light set up? I noticed in your vid both turn signals and brake light as well as LED strip tail light.
That "rat nest" in what way does it work together with your lights?

Dirtech said:
Looks awesome! I got the 24.5T motor (9.03kV). last bits I need are from JHR, how long did it take for you to receive your order from him?

From Vito or John? Vito was around 1.5-2 months, John was around 3-4 days.

macribs said:
Loved your tail light. Real nice work, and the turn signals and brake lights - smooth :!:
Can you elaborate on your light set up? I noticed in your vid both turn signals and brake light as well as LED strip tail light.
That "rat nest" in what way does it work together with your lights?

This is the light bar I used:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00OB5QHC0?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o09_s00
You can find the same thing on ebay. It has all functions built right in, just 5 wires coming out. The only thing I did was add a resistor (175 ohms) inline with the tail light. The brake light wasn't quite bright enough from the tail light, so I dimmed the tail a bit more than "stock". It was also a little wide so I had to cut it down and then wrap the left overs around the side of the frame. I actual like the look and will notch the side covers so you can see it from the side also.

The little box is a AC>12V 1.25A cheap thing off ebay. Then all the assorted wiring with it to power brake, tail, left, right, horn, headlights. It has a flasher I built with a PIC on the side for the L/R turns. Then a relay on the other side to switch the headlight power. The 12V box itself runs right off battery (74V) through the headlight switch on the handle bars. Once the 12V box fires up it switches everything else on. I could have saved some hassle and not added the relay and have the headlights (74V lights) run direct off the headlight switch along with the 12V box. I figured I was pushing my luck with 74V through that switch and I'll play it safe and use the relay to switch the big 'ol headlights. It also has provisions for front turns and a horn.

Thanks for the compliments guys.

Cool a BLING VECTOR :) ...

Tail light looks smooth 8) .

What is the maximum tire Width (Rear) ? Or what is the clearance between the swing arms at 11" from the axle?

Trying to see how big of a Moto Rim/Motorcycle Tire I can put on this. :mrgreen:

teslanv said:
What is the maximum tire Width (Rear) ? Or what is the clearance between the swing arms at 11" from the axle?

Trying to see how big of a Moto Rim/Motorcycle Tire I can put on this. :mrgreen:

From the front of the drop out and 11" forward the width is 110mm or 4.33 inches. If you don't have too big knobs you should be able to squeeze in 3.5" width or even 4". Your biggest problem is that it is rare that tires are 100% correct sized when mounted onto rim and filled with air. One manufacturer might have a 4" tire that will work, another 3". IT also comes down to the width of the rim. A skinny rim might let you squeeze in a wider tire, a wider rim will let the tire take up too much space in the width.

Those squares are 10x10mm. The last pic is 17" moto with 2.75" width tyre. As you see there are room for a little wider tyre.

61547393558753_small2.jpg

61547393558753.jpg

jogcXaFtYJI.jpg

My Vector has been doing awesome recently. Only a few tweaks left to do before it's completely done. I got a chance to take it out on a racetrack in Grattan, Michigan.

I got some good looks, with "that thing" in the back haha.

I hit 65MPH no OVS. I have a video of me doing a lap, I will try to post that up sometime.

Wow, that is crazy fast. You got the version 3 -205 motor with what wind? 9 , 8 or 11kv? So what kind of wattage/amperage are you pulling?

Super cool bike.

Tom

Yep, V3 QS 4T 11kv. My plan is to be able to commute at 50-55mph. So this is why I went with the higher kv version. I didn't want to rely on the efficiency gouging field weakening (OVS) to hit speed. I am now in the research/design aspect of motor/controller cooling to sustain it. I'll post a video soon and you can see the amps. It was pulling about 110A constant down the straightaway while pinned. I have no plans to cruise at that speed haha.

[youtube]u7GmSaOPcIw[/youtube]

Hi guys, I started in the sale thread and am wandering about specifics for these frames/bikes!
Maybe I missed, but this type of info on the first pages would be great?!

material: steel?
weight: 20lbs?
d/o: 155mm?
Front susp- rake/ height standard axle to frame: 67deg / 21" ?
Rear susp- standard shock eye to eye: 8.5"
wheelbase- standard susp: 46"?
BB height from axle CL- standard susp: 3"?
Common standard wheelsize? 18, 19"?
Swingarm length- pivot to tip: 21"?
Average weight of bike (w/batt ah): 90lb/20ah?

Thanks!

Also, that's an awesome ride routy, the lights 'r killer too!

Back