where can i buy a quality 72v controller?

alexscard

10 W
The only brand i know that should be ok is kelly, but they want like 300€ for a controller. what other brands produce controller for high voltages? also a shop url would be appreciated, thanks.

It's not cheap but Nucular electronics
https://nucular.tech/#rec101723140

the first is too expansive, i have to stay around 100€/$, the second is too powerful..my engine can't handle more than 40A, perhaps 50 but with 50 (almost 4KW) it's already at high frying risk (9c hub)

alexscard said:
the first is too expansive, i have to stay around 100€/$, the second is too powerful..my engine can't handle more than 40A, perhaps 50 but with 50 (almost 4KW) it's already at high frying risk (9c hub)
Too bad you provided this information, after people took the time to help you.

SlowCo said:

Yup, safe bet.
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005002245659869.html?spm=a2g0o.productlist.0.0.6d9612d2RS8EEg&algo_pvid=ee8d4b31-23f9-4af3-b255-383efe10ac4f&algo_exp_id=ee8d4b31-23f9-4af3-b255-383efe10ac4f-0&pdp_ext_f=%7B%22sku_id%22%3A%2212000019721176589%22%7D

KT controllers can limit current in their setup configuration to as low at 50% of the rated current, so in the case of a 50A controller, down to 25A.

i already saw these KTs, i was about to buying them before having bought my current shitty chinese controller, but then looking at the price, being china staff shipped from china, i tought it was way overpriced. those who tried this "brand" can confirm instead a good quality? i wonder whytf there are no europeans/americans producer of ebike components..

alexscard said:
i already saw these KTs, i was about to buying them before having bought my current shitty chinese controller, but then looking at the price, being china staff shipped from china, i tought it was way overpriced. those who tried this "brand" can confirm instead a good quality? i wonder whytf there are no europeans/americans producer of ebike components..

You really wonder why...? :roll:

the real reasons actually i think are:
-we people that build bikes with kits on our own are a few, the most of those who ride an ebike buy already assembled bikes.
-72v e/o high power kit/devices are also illegal to use on the streets, other possible thing that can condition

Grin's Phaserunner can go up to 90V, is fully tunable, small, and very high quality.
But it will cost you around 300$. It can handle up to 45-50A continuous phase current (peak current up to 90A).
https://ebikes.ca/product-info/grin-products/phaserunner.html

Jil said:
Grin's Phaserunner can go up to 90V, is fully tunable, small, and very high quality.
But it will cost you around 300$. It can handle up to 45-50A continuous phase current (peak current up to 90A).
https://ebikes.ca/product-info/grin-products/phaserunner.html

You missed the part halfway down where he adds that he has a $100 limit...unless of course it comes from China, then even that much is too expensive now.

Ehp, if i find something of good quality in china, and it costs 100€ ill buy It there. I Just said it's hard according to my experience to have either good quality or any decent customer support from that country.
Also, 100€ for a simple controller are real money, it doesnt seems to me that i have unreasonable requests.

Going back to the point. The kt controller on AliExpress costs around 95€, anyone know places with a better price or that ships from Europe? Havent found anything until now

alexscard said:
Going back to the point. The kt controller on AliExpress costs around 95€, anyone know places with a better price or that ships from Europe? Havent found anything until now

Why not ask on the thread that SlowCo provided the link to?

hi guys, where can i find a 72v kt controller at the best price? (inside europe would be better so i don't have the high custom costs.)
thanks

I still get mine from AliExpres. VAT is now included in the price, and customs don’t charge any additional costs in my country. Ali now has a lot of warehouses in europe to help prevent additional costs.

If you look carefully, you can still find the 18 fet 72v controllers around 80 euros during sales periods. I just bought one for 78 at Someday Ebike accessories Store. Imeiqi also had them at a good price level. You may need to put other connectors on the wires depending on your bike. Just go for the lowest price and modify everything you want to modify yourself:). Good luck!

on those shops it's always at 90€ at least. btw, in order to connect it to the computer, do i need to buy a usb cable or it's via bluetooth?

Back