Wye to delta question

Hello all. I have a couple 500w shengyi motors that I've modified with temp sensor to run off the demux circuit in my baserunner z9 controller. I'm working on the second motor now doing the same thing as the first hooking up a temp sensor in parallel with speed hall.

Upon researching and learning new things, I discovered the whole wye vs delta deal. Now I don't know all ins and outs but I understand that going from wye to delta will lower efficiency and torque but increase overall rpm of motor. I'm more or less experimenting at this point as this motor is a spare but I would like to try it and see.

Where my question comes in is how to change the wiring in particular. I get the concept but I don't know if there is a specific arrangement and don't want to put the rotor back on if it isn't right.

I have the three phase that come into the motor and get tied into their respective coils, then all three meet at the end making it a wye configuration. So is it as easy as separating the 3 at the end, toning them out to figure out which matches which and then just stagger them BG GY YB?

Back