Make sense please

Mikeorrison

100 mW
Four wires what are they aside from negative and positive which are obvious how does the 5 volt charge get to the computer from a 36 volt battery with no control box to regulate it

Mikeorrison said:
Four wires what are they aside from negative and positive which are obvious how does the 5 volt charge get to the computer from a 36 volt battery with no control box to regulate it

The conttroller only needs battery voltage. It has step down circuitry to bring the voltage down to 5V for the signal and logic processing/functions.

Mikeorrison said:
For what specific system?

(brand and model; pictures would be useful; the more details you give the more likely we can help you)

Play two different I said that's funny two different replies with the exact same word for word it reply anyway Shimano steps E6000 specifically as if it freaking

Sounds like you don't really want help, given the expletives and lack of courtesy or care given to making your replies clear, but we'll try anyway:

It matters because every system is different. Most systems don't have more than just the main + and - from battery.

There are some OEM prebuilt bikes that have thermal sensing or communication wires, or other non-power wires to enable or disable the system when various problems are detected.

Unfortunately I don't know what wiring the Shimano steps e6000 uses specifically, but it's likely they are communication lines that allow the controller system on the bike to read the battery state, and potentially to send information to the battery or turn it on and off.

This thread
https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=97461&p=1664916&hilit=e6000#p1664916
has pictures and some information on the internals of a battery from the e6000 system if you can glean any information from it.

There are a few other posts mentioning the E6000 in this search
https://endless-sphere.com/forums/search.php?keywords=e6000&terms=all&author=&sc=1&sf=all&sr=posts&sk=t&sd=d&st=0&ch=300&t=0&submit=Search
but I have not spent the time to read them to find out if they are relevant. You may do so if you wish.

It's likely that in your specific system the 5v for the controller itself, and things like throttle, any PAS sensors, and any motor hall or other position sensors, is generated inside the controller itself. If there is a display, it probalby has it's own low voltage power supply that's directly powered from the battery; that's a common (but not universal) way of doing it.

Mikeorrison said:
Asif it matters Shimano steps e6000

Mikeorrison said:
Play two different I said that's funny two different replies with the exact same word for word it reply anyway Shimano steps E6000 specifically as if it freaking

Well my problem seems to be very fine and it turns on and then for a second in this display goes all wackadoodle and acting all jumping and fizzy you can't read anything for a second it's normal then damn it to the wheel but I don't know if it's going to the box or not I rewired it it still didn't work maybe I didn't do it right but the thing is is to display comes on for a second and then turns off into the distorted screen so we think that might be

Since I'm typically challenging I can I barely understand what's going on with a lot of this website icons this icons that this that the other thing I don't know what they are and I have yet to get a reply from any of the forums on any of my questions so I look forward to not hearing from you as well but if you can help to be nice nobody seems to know what the hell's going on

Biu a water drop with normal four five lines three lines Asterix I don't know what any of these things are supposed to be for sad for me that I can't communicate to you people cuz I don't know these things mean I don't know what to tell you what somebody can answer my questions about my eBay

Mikeorrison said:
Biu a water drop with normal four five lines three lines Asterix I don't know what any of these things are supposed to be for sad for me that I can't communicate to you people cuz I don't know these things mean I don't know what to tell you what somebody can answer my questions about my eBay
Hard to believe it's been 6 months already. I swear this year has gone by even faster than the last.

Try to be patient and wait. Eventually you may have a moment of clarity. It may take a while, so don't rush it. You may need to accept the fact that it could be cyclical. Take it one day at a time. Good luck.

What is the brown wire and the 9 pin connecthey're coming from my KG36/48SVpr-f f F10 l
the 9 pin connector will be the motor connection 3 x phase wires and 6x sensor, 5v, and gnd wires.. the brown wire?
s-l1200.jpg

check this google search for kt pinouts (links back to here a plenty..)

the 9 pin connector will be the motor connection 3 x phase wires and 6x sensor, 5v, and gnd wires.. the brown wire?
s-l1200.jpg

check this google search for kt pinouts (links back to here a plenty..)
That would be helpful if it was actually that was the case, this one goes to the to the display or to go to the Hannah bars. Let's go to the motor 19 Gillette 9 pin, that's the problem. Is I ordered one of the Joel that connectors? And it's all different. Everything is condensed there's a brown wire. Come in out of the control box with all the ones that go to the display of stuff. To the 1 the 4 or whatever.

Well, gotta kind of figure out where you want me to reply at 2 different replies. But these things going on it's so confusing.
I bought a Controllbox with jolette connectors. The Wire that goes to display and and all that the one is the 1 to 5 has 9 pins. Doesn't go to the motor there's a S1 on the Circuit board

What is the brown wire and the 9 pin connecthey're coming from my KG36/48SVpr-f f F10 l
That would be helpful if it was actually that was the case, this one goes to the to the display or to go to the Hannah bars. Let's go to the motor 19 Gillette 9 pin, that's the problem. Is I ordered one of the Joel that connectors? And it's all different. Everything is condensed there's a brown wire. Come in out of the control box with all the ones that go to the display of stuff. To the 1 the 4 or whatever.
Well, gotta kind of figure out where you want me to reply at 2 different replies. But these things going on it's so confusing.
I bought a Controllbox with jolette connectors. The Wire that goes to display and and all that the one is the 1 to 5 has 9 pins. Doesn't go to the motor there's a S1 on the Circuit board

Your spellchecker seems to have corrupted your posts. If you retype it in clear English sentences, and provide sufficient detail for us to know what you're talking about, we might be able to help.

Remember that we cannot know anything about what you have or what you are referring to that you don't specifically tell us, or show us with pictures of it.

If you do not post clearly enough for us to understand you, we cannot post helpful answers to your questions because we cannot know what you are asking.

Well said,I'm gonna try to better communicate in cyberspace,thank you. So I bought a Sine wave control box . but I wanted the one with the Joillet connectors. problem is ,info, Of what the pill out are in relation to the,regular mess of wires coming out Of the regular control boxes is not available to me or I can't find it online cause I'm technically challenged. I know the basics kind of the way these things are going so. But there's a brown wire. I'm not sure what the h*** is up with this brown wire. Comes out with the whole one wire Bundle to the display and It also I can't locate what might be this self-learning why if if I need it you're not, I don't know maybe it's program differently. Now, that's a whole other thing that I was trying to figure out. So let me try to a picture to Maybe that'll help ,appreciate the Feedback
Also this brown wire.e
On the circuit board where it comes from, it says S1

So the eighth or not 9 to 4 for whatever reason is separates. The throttle and the display 8 pins total. What about how come the other controller I have with the throttle attached in part of it? S5 cable or 6 subs are a 6. The throttles ISIS a part of the. That's the problem's not separate. Where am I supposed to close the throttle line into if it's apart? This doesn't make sense. I thought it was a part of the display.
But the Caroline is running separate from the display pins 5 for display 3 for throttle. But the problem is part of the display. There's no separation frocking shitnsno.yysme4yennyeeee

So the question is if I have a display with a throttle in One unit? It is one unit in the 5 or 6 pins and it works the throttle as well as the display. How come if there's a separate throttle? I still have 5 or 6 pinss for the display, it doesn't make sense.

I hope I'll figure out how to actually get this done. And then post it should be so confusing on almost computer stuff. I know I'm stupid but really I ask simple questions and they're so simple. Nobody thinks I'm serious but someone. Please explain to me if you cand if I have a throttle with display in one unit. It has 5 or 6 wires. There's no separate throttle line for that, but it's not separate. It comes with the 5 or 6 pin thing. It's all one unit, so why is everyone telling me? There's a separate throttle line when there's not. So now I'm trying to attach a regular 3 wired throttle to the system. So i'm guessing that the throttle wires are in the five or six pen connector which is

I couldn't get the first post right I can't get a message out I can't even get a get. The question asked i'm sending them that i'm Long story short .throttle with the display five or six wires Even if it doesn't have. built-in throttle There's still 5 or 6 wires that go to display doesn't make sense to me. I can't find a subsequent photo line Harley anywhere though it's connected with the switch, this is usually a 5 but I just give up. I give up you just gonna keep doing it till I get lucky again. Yes nobody cares and this problem I don't know how to do thateIhhhgteeyoefwhat is up with that doesn't make sense to

A throttle requires three wires: +5V, GND, and signal. If you have a throttle, it has those three wires. Some throttle units also feature a state of charge indicator (in which case they need a battery+ wire) and/or an enable "on/off" switch. If those are the functions your display has, then that's what the wires are for.

Usually but not always, +5V is red and GND is black. Throttle signal is often green or white, but there are lots of exceptions.

You can work a lot of this out using a multimeter. Set it for DC voltage, check red and black to see if you get 5V. If yes, then stay on black and check the other wires for battery voltage. When you find that, any remaining wires that show 0V relative to GND are signals to the controller: throttle, enable, whatever according to the display's functions.

Last edited:
Yeah, it's not rare to have a throttle combined with a voltage readout and/or ignition switch, which add more wires:

I wouldn't call it a display, that would confuse people. Displays often take a signal wire that uses a protocol to communicate a set of data displayed on the display like speed and trip distance. A throttle with a voltage readout doesn't.

And what I'm saying is With or without a separate throttle line, this is so-called display. still gets 5 wires, if there's a separate throt. The one that has the throttle on it still gets the same 5 wires Makes one think that.that those 5 wires have the throttle line in it . and if that's the case. Then why do The ones that have a separate throttle? Still have 5 wires going to the display.
No, it's confusing for me because I'm trying to work with these Joel Lett connectors. That are installed at the factory on the control box, which makes it really. You know, streamline and stuff, but I'm trying to figure it out. it didn't come with any pin outs so I don't know what the plug in wear. There's no, there's no learning wire,no jumper, Has a separate 3 line for pedal assist and AA1 to 49 pens. Which separates tooth a throttle down-the-line. So somewhere in there is the throttle, don't mind? Then I guess 5 others go to display.

And Why do they sell their control boxes With the connectors on it without the other side of the connector available, They should send that Other half of the connector that matcheswith ?

Back