tongsheng tsdz2 speed sensor not working

gator90065

1 µW
Just installed a TSDZ2 48v 500w motor and the display is not showing the speed. I am guessing the speed sensor is faulty. Anyone had this issue before. Also, does the speed sensor have anything to do with the power output of the torque sensor. The reason I ask is because I have a Bafang 48v 750w motor on another bike of mine and the Bafang has much more power assist that than the TSDZ2.

I probably can't help you, but I like to know if you're talking about the external speed sensor or internal one. This page claims the tsdz2 includes a built-in speed sensor (although I'm struggling to believe it, since it seems unlikely that so many users would be installing external ones to improve accuracy).

xtinctionRebeller said:
.... This page claims the tsdz2 includes a built-in speed sensor ,,,,,,
That commercial page is problably a bad translation, They mean problably internal torque and cadence sensor. The speed sensor is external.

The speedsensor is a reed contact, and very sensitive for right mounting of the magnet. Be sure that the magnet is on front of the arrow on the sensor and about 3mm distance. Too close or too far could give problems

Back