new tsdz8 pswpower

Yeah, why are we all trying to find bots of info on these motors? Why aren't to7seven being more proactive or, I dunno sales focused with these motors?

Hello, this is what I know for now. I was searching motor that can fit my Cube Attention 2016 frame. I like that bike, I bought it new, cared for it and I would like to convert it. It has tricky chainstay so regular TSDZ2 cannot fit. Bafang bbs02 fits the frame (photo attached which friend sent me) but I want torque sensor. I was hoping that Toseven DM01 or DM02 would be better for, but they have almost the same main gear compartment size as TSDZ2. This new motor TSDZ2 Turbo is my best bet. I am attaching some files:
1. Aikema catalogue where you can see this new motor and measurements
2. Bafang BBS02 fitment template for comparison
3. TSDZ2 Turbo fitment template that I made from catalogue photo and dimensions written inside. Print using "Actual size", and measure 168mm from left to right side.
4. Comparison between BBS02 and TSDZ2 Turbo, where you can see it is slightly bigger (chainstay part)
5. Photo of BBS02 fitted to the similar Cube frame that friend sent me as an example
6. Printed template comparison with my frame ( I hope this can fit, at least with some washers)

Attachments

• Bafang_BBS02_750w_Template_Printout_Ebike_Essentials.pdf
    391.5 KB · Views: 43
  • bbs02_fitted_to_cube.jpeg
    bbs02_fitted_to_cube.jpeg
    93.7 KB · Views: 85
  • bbs02_tsdz2_turbo_comparison.jpeg
    bbs02_tsdz2_turbo_comparison.jpeg
    200.1 KB · Views: 86
  • cube_attention_fitment.jpeg
    cube_attention_fitment.jpeg
    124.6 KB · Views: 79
  • page-19-AIKEMA-catalog 2023 1.0.pdf
    1.6 MB · Views: 70
  • TSDZ2_Turbo_template.pdf
    3.5 MB · Views: 62
There's one guy in Italy, who bought and installed this motor.
He says it's way more powerful than tsdz2, very good feeling with the torque sensor, and you can use it with all tsdz2 stock firmware displays.
He's using an 850c display.
He describes it like a bbs02 with torque sensor.
I hope he's saying the truth...very promising
Hi I can vouch for its power and smooth operation realy surprised with how much better than the tsdz2.
I also have a bosch gen 4 and seems similar in power.

Hi I can vouch for its power and smooth operation realy surprised with how much better than the tsdz2.
Great news! Did you order from PSW? Is the install similar to the TSDZ2?

Can you tell us where did you get the TSDZ2 Turbo (TSDZ8) motor? Also share some photos of install if possible.

Yeah, why are we all trying to find bots of info on these motors? Why aren't to7seven being more proactive or, I dunno sales focused with these motors?
1 post bot force is strong, for sales via search engines and customers trying to obtain reviews via search engines.
We'll see how long the motors last and what problems come about on the product itself.

I'm one of the early adopters of this new Tongsheng motor.
Fitted this motor just two days ago to my Cube Aim Allroad XXL.
I have decided to ditch the archaic VLCD5 display and I have decided to use DZ41.
So far so good...
Looking forward for some more info after couple of more rides. Like power delivery smoothness, overheating, bearing quality etc. - just to compare with smaller but older brother TSDZ2 :unsure:

I'm one of the early adopters of this new Tongsheng motor.
Fitted this motor just two days ago to my Cube Aim Allroad XXL.
I have decided to ditch the archaic VLCD5 display and I have decided to use DZ41.
So far so good.

Looking forward to reading about your experiences riding, especially if you used a different model before and thus can directly compare them!

Btw, I know it's probably just me or my tired eyes, but it appears to me you've mounted the motor 'tilted down'' to the max, instead of forward/up. Looks like you have quite bad ground clearance.

Also, what you're riding looks like a commuter bike ( and not a 'trail' mountainbike at least ). Why did you choose for the more expensive motor over the cheaper one's, while the cheaper one's should suffice in a commute scenario?

It's all good so far. Nice and smooth power distribution. Torque sensing is also working as intended.

The DZ41 display I wish it could show voltage since the battery readings are not very reliable. Also the pedal assist increments levels could be fine-tuned. There is too big jump in power assist between 2 and 3. I hardly ever use 4 and never 5. Generally I stick to level 2 or level 3. On level 3 I can easily maintain 35-40 km/h without much effort.

Motor is placed as much upwards down tube allows. I had have to grind off part of the wiring management plate that is welded to the tube to gain some clearance. Had I removed more aluminium I could have issues with brake hydraulic tube, derailer wire and 1T4 controller wiring harness.
TSDZ2B here locally cost more than newer and more beffy TSDZ8 including custom duties. And I like to play with new gadets too.
BB1.jpg

BB2.jpg

Here you are.

Attachments

• IMG_20240105_084856720.jpg
    IMG_20240105_084856720.jpg
    1,009 KB · Views: 73
  • IMG_20240105_084841480_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20240105_084841480_HDR.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 69
  • IMG_20240105_084831210.jpg
    IMG_20240105_084831210.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 71
  • IMG_20240105_084825511.jpg
    IMG_20240105_084825511.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 73
  • IMG_20240105_084807159.jpg
    IMG_20240105_084807159.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 80
  • IMG_20240105_084755790.jpg
    IMG_20240105_084755790.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 78
  • IMG_20240105_084746537.jpg
    IMG_20240105_084746537.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 73
Here you are.

Really nice. Was it hard to feed cable through downtube? I am not a fan of this plastic motor cover, but as a whole really nice conversion. You don't remove your battery?

not much information on this motor to be found.. whats the max amp on the Controller? gotta say i like the design on this drive unit, first thing i would do is ditch that old display and get a better one.
i assume one would have to pay import tax when ordering through psw Power?

Really nice. Was it hard to feed cable through downtube? I am not a fan of this plastic motor cover, but as a whole really nice conversion. You don't remove your battery?
The plastic cover is to protect the motor from the salty water spray in the winter. I do remove the battery while parking for more than an hour in the cold season.

not much information on this motor to be found.. whats the max amp on the Controller? gotta say i like the design on this drive unit, first thing i would do is ditch that old display and get a better one.
i assume one would have to pay import tax when ordering through psw Power?
I have fitted DZ41 display instead of archaic VLCD5. Yes, if you import from China tax is to be paid.

Torque sensor looks like copy/paste from tsdz2. Hall sensor again...
No improvement in this departament. Expect similar issues like before.

Last edited:
Back