4Motus ebike/moto hybrid

Wow.. This is a cool play bike. Whats the total weight estimate frame only? complete bike? Where do I get pricing on these? really intrigued on the concept. This looks like a quality frame build. Any issues breaking? Whats the warranty on the frame? Can you fit the larger motors in the rear? Not crazy about the hub.

If you contact www.4motus.com they can answer all your frame questions and price :) , its not finished yet, but it should stop well with the 203mm disk up front. It only takes a hub motor, as there is nowhere to put any other type of motor, it will take a cromotor no problem though, thats what I have for it.

What size battery are you putting in it?

crea2k said:
If you contact http://www.4motus.com they can answer all your frame questions and price :) , its not finished yet, but it should stop well with the 203mm disk up front. It only takes a hub motor, as there is nowhere to put any other type of motor, it will take a cromotor no problem though, thats what I have for it.

Iv got 12x 5000mah 6s lipo packs from hobbyking, in three banks of 4. Like this :
http://endless-sphere.com/forums/download/file.php?id=140557&mode=view

hey Linukas
how would a 270mm pitbike shock work on the rear? would it be possible or would it be better to stay within the 200-240mm length as spect?
perhaps i can find a shorter moto shock.......?

ridethelightning said:
hey Linukas
how would a 270mm pitbike shock work on the rear? would it be possible or would it be better to stay within the 200-240mm length as spect?
perhaps i can find a shorter moto shock.......?

frame design is for 240mm max lengh, best will go ~220mm
with 270 you need very big front fork, because other way it would be not stable in bigger speed.

Ok so on with the learning curve.......the White Industries freewheel fits, but pokes out too far, so I cant get the brake disk on the other side as it catches on the frame, so I came up with a solution, I took the motor to bits, removed the freewheel mounting boss and took it to an engineering company, they charged £10 and gave me it back an hour later with 5mm machined off the top, so now it fits perfectly.

This is how it looked before
freewheel2.jpg

This is how it looks now
freewheel.jpg

The problem solving continues........so.....the Avid rear calliper is too wide to fit in just about any position, no matter what disk spacing I use, its either too close to the frame, or too close to the motor cover, so iv given in and got a second 203mm disk for the back too, and also a couple of different calliper mounts, so it pushes the calliper out past where the motor cover is, this should give it plenty of space then as the motor cover should be out of the way. The front wheel is currently at the builders still getting sorted out, so for now I have a 14kg dumbbell sat on the front forks to keep the bike level, as the motor weighs so much that the bike wont sit on the seat / bars as the motor wants to wheelie the bike all the time lol, should be better once the batteries are in as it will be more balanced then.

Merlin said:
can you tell me/show me where the temp Probe of your Cromotor is?

Merlin, I asked him the same thing where his was also. I don't think he popped the other cover off so you don't see it on that side.

I have two cromotors, but I am not going to open up my new one to see where the temp probe is. I would like to know if others are where mine was because I may put it back in the same place to get a consistent reading between my two cromotors.

How wide is a motorcycle tyre ?, iv currently got a 3" wide Halo Contra on the back end and it fits just fine.

thanks for good words :)
I do not weld my frames, it is done be professional welder :)

as for steel frames, why some of you want steel frames instead aluminum? I worked a lot until get required aluminum strength after heat treatment and artificially aging, and it is almost same strength like steel one, but 1/2 of weight (3.7kg instead 7.4kg).

I can make steel frames without problem, just need some quantity for them, lets say if will be 10pcs ordered frames, than I can make them in ~1-2 months.

Linukas said:
thanks for good words :)
I do not weld my frames, it is done be professional welder :)

as for steel frames, why some of you want steel frames instead aluminum? I worked a lot until get required aluminum strength after heat treatment and artificially aging, and it is almost same strength like steel one, but 1/2 of weight (3.7kg instead 7.4kg).

I can make steel frames without problem, just need some quantity for them, lets say if will be 10pcs ordered frames, than I can make them in ~1-2 months.

I have stainless steel bike,man this bike is heavy but tough! 8)
I sanded bike to a naked version and rode through salt, water everything it's come to its path...
Still looking good and strong 8)

Back