4Motus ebike/moto hybrid

I see AL version is supporting Shimano BB. Why this choice and not standard BSA 68mm BB? Also will a Schlumpf drivetrain fits these frames?

Will the ALU frame handle a Cromotor at high voltage?

Thanks!

Linakas I am not sure if I understood your reply regarding the welding video. Was the welder someone you payed to do this or is the video of yourself welding that frame up? Thanks for posting that video it was realy nice to watch that and see how a professional tackles a job like this. WOW impressive! That looks like a very well thought out fixture for holding all that tubing in place while still being able to rotate and spin the frame around for access to all the areas needing a bead. I hope that welder is well paid because he is a talent.

waynebergman said:
Linakas I am not sure if I understood your reply regarding the welding video. Was the welder someone you payed to do this or is the video of yourself welding that frame up? Thanks for posting that video it was realy nice to watch that and see how a professional tackles a job like this. WOW impressive! That looks like a very well thought out fixture for holding all that tubing in place while still being able to rotate and spin the frame around for access to all the areas needing a bead. I hope that welder is well paid because he is a talent.

Welding is made of professional (not me, I'm just beginner in welding), he have a lot experience welding aluminum, stainless steel, magnesium, titan and other materials. his quality is good and that's why I employ him.

BoomerChomsi said:
I see AL version is supporting Shimano BB. Why this choice and not standard BSA 68mm BB? Also will a Schlumpf drivetrain fits these frames?

Will the ALU frame handle a Cromotor at high voltage?

Thanks!

shimano bb92 is much lighter than standard 68mm BB, thats why is that decision. but if required 68mm bb can be made, it needs just additional part that presses in frame bb tube.
Schlumpf drivetrain (wider version) fits to frame without problem.

Hi Linukas,
Could you tell me the cost of shipping for the ALU frame to 6012, Australia?
I saw the other Australian shipping quote but I figure this may be different as the last quote was to Tasmania, an island.
Thank you.

My 4Motus is almost done. Building my battery now and also i need to custom build an axle for my Profile bmxcranks. MXUS 3000 w motor, 72 volts 35 Ah battery, Infineon 18 mosfet controller.
Love the frame Linas !!!! :D

Attachments

• Min4Motus.jpg
    Min4Motus.jpg
    337.2 KB · Views: 1,495
Wow that BB location looks very far back in the frame compared to the saddle. I can see this may be a nice spot to mount foot pegs and riding around in a standing position but how will things feel when you are seated and your feet on the pedals?

This geometry is good for offroad and non-pedaling sitting. I'm not sure exactly where it came from, but motocross was mentioned by the author.
If you like pedaling in addition to all the power you have, there is a special offset seat post available to do it more comfortably.

Yes mine is more like a motocross bike than an ebike, iv got a bbs02 bike for when I want to pedal, this one is more about the power.

I can´t find any Information about the Frames on 4motus.com and unfortunately no answers of my Mails. Is the Alu Frame available or someone has informations for me?

Thank you,
Florian

Back