6 Years on the Sphere - Happy New Year

Well, 14 years later and the Sphere still spins.

The biggest thing for me was getting a Sur-ron and I've been having a blast riding it around mostly on the street. I even took it out on some of the really bad fire smoke days wearing a N95 respirator. But no social gatherings this year due to the pandemic. Latest news from work is I might get a vaccine in about 2 weeks which will hopefully be the beginning of the end for the pandemic. Working from home has some advantages, but also sucks in a lot of ways.

Well, maybe I can smack an old, overcharged lipo pack around midnight for some fireworks. :twisted:

About VisForVoltage: I participated there for years, and still stop in occasionally. I didn't get seriously into e-bikes until 2013, but I had both an e-bike and Oxygen Lepton in 2001. I somehow missed, though, both the site destruction and split. I've never known the site as anything other than what it is now - although it did used to be much more active. VisForVoltage is still the go-to site for Vectrix info...

Now it's 16 years since I joined this forum. That's a really long time for internet stuff. Things have come a long way since the days of lead-acid batteries and brushed motors. Mostly for the better.

I retired this spring after 40 years at UCSF Medical Center. Since retiring, I seem to have a lot less free time. All those things I put off when I was working are starting to get done. Mostly cleaning and fixing the house stuff. I want to get working on some projects again but still have more chores to do first.

Happy New Year to everyone. I hope the world gets its stuff together and starts moving in the right direction. Things are pretty bleak right now. Time for a new start!

I couldn't agree more

I just got out of the hospital/prison (after 41 days) from pneumonia. I wasn't really overweight over weight before I entered but lost 37 pounds in the 41 days I was there. I had especially bad experiences at the hospitals was sent to and am ready for a new year and a fresh start too.

🎊🎉🎆🎇🎈🎉🍾🍺🍻🍷

Couple of months and will be here only 4 yrs. Hope the Sphere is around for another 16yrs, I should be.

Some reason fechter always think of you being in your 30's or much younger than you claim. Must be your spirit and good attitude.

Wish everyone a great year to come. We have many more EV's on the road. flying cars, bikes and taxi's. Just think of all the new EV stuff around the corner.

Apparently today is my 14th anniversary here on ES. :)

Hmm...38,800 posts in that time, comes out to an average of...2700 a year...7.4 a day....

Another year passed. Things have been uncomfortably busy for me over the last year. Hopefully thing will slow down a bit so I have more time for fun things.

Happy New Year!

I know i'm late but happy new years yall!

Back