70$ Li-Ion Battery Pack 48V 10.5Ah 500w output

I bought 6 of these packs. shipping was pretty quick and they shipped to me using the shipper of my choice, which is important when shipping to canada.
I promptly ripped one pack open to do a quick and dirty check of capacity and got over 3000mah. might get more per cell, the test was rushed and I mostly just wanted to make sure they were genuine cells.
the packs look well made. I have dismantled 4 so far. from the looks of it all cells are good so far. I damaged a few ripping the nickel strip off the cell as the spot welds seem pretty good, so be careful if you rip them apart.

thanks

Hi, how long are the leads from the battery to the motor? Can I request a custom length?

Howdy there I'm in Canada as well and would like to get 3 at least but I'm intrigued by the "wholesale pricing" you mentioned...I can most likely resell these for a few bucks more each so I'm wondering what the magic number would be, how many to get me there and how much will I save by going wholesale?

@eequip2
hi I ordered 8 packs from you. They seem a ok. I also ordered 6 from an ebay seller during christmas. The first 6 I chopped down to 10 and 11 then wired those in series for 21s then paralleled 3 for a 21S9P 88v pack no bms. I've ridden 5k kms so far without a problem.

Why 9P? Because thats all that would fit under the seat of my Yadi X5. Why 21S because my OE controller limits volts to 88. The Yadi has an excellent FOC super silent smooth efficient regen controller and I wasn't willing to go down the rabbit hole of changing the controller at the time.I already had an upgraded 20S12P setup in the OE battery box.

Recently I upgraded controllers to the Yuyang King YKZ120150. Its a beast but its square wave noisy and came with mismatched phase wires. It runs rough - sort of abrupt and jerky. However the 9P handles the yank of the 150 bus amps no problem stoplight to stoplight. In fact the OE 250V circuit breaker immediately became the weak link and stopped the fun just as it started. So I had to bypass that.

The saving grace is a readily available bluetooth app without which I'd be running in reverse. Oh and there's no regen and the upgraded hub motor is a mismatch for my rear disc so... like I said I did not want to chase my tail but QUARANTINE meh😏.

I recently ordered a Nanjing FOC 96450 controller which I hope solves the problem. 210 bus amps in a OE fitment form factor (189mm length) seems to good to be true but here goes. 7- 10 days and I'll find out.

I'm finally building the 26S12P battery with the second set of 8 I ordered from eequip2 which fits rather neatly in the OE battery box sans bms. One thing about these is the bms is junk and will let you down so don't rely on it. I blew one out with a wiring mishap and the pack read 17 then 15 then 14 volts and dropping haha. Once I cracked it open and read the pack directly it was 52.7v same as all after paralleling all 8 packs.

So TL/DR if your thinking don't just get em before they're GONE.

Also these packs are built with pure nickel + excellent welding and a sturdy plastic frame beneath the blue wrapping. I recommend leaving the packs intact as much as possible by cutting and assembling rather than ripping individual cells apart. The end with the thicker wires has the bms and if you slice gently half an inch down and peel the wrapping away the bms can be removed rather easily. I used a dremel with a cutting head to cut the plastic frame to size when adjusting the pack to my 88v needs. Be careful not to cut too deep or you'll be smelling toxic electrode juice. No they don't explode if damaged slightly.

BTW ICgogo on ebay sells a 109.2v charger and ships fast from CCP land. Nice quality unit with adjustable (1-9) amps.

I'm still trying to figure out where 1000's of these heavily discounted (>$2/ea for GA's?) packs came from. Defunct Uber jump bikes? But I thought those were 36v? Who knows - some silicon valley mishap is our come up so have at em!

I bought two of these and I’m happy with the performance. I changed the output connector to a XT60 and the charge connector to a JST to match the 13s charger that I have. After testing these I put in an order for two more.
As far as I’m concerned this is a very good value. My only issue is that even with the ends off the case it is still 16” long which will not fit in the triangle or behind the seat post on the bike I had intended them for. They do fit on a long rear rack.

I bought a couple of these packs and just received them in the mail (thanks eequip!). I haven't been able to test them yet, but the voltage for both is sitting around 52V. Based on datasheets for the Panasonic-Sanyo NCR18650GA, these cells should be able to discharge at 10A continously. So in a 13S3P configuration this would be ~ 30A continuous discharge. Does anyone out there have any real world use on a bike with these yet? I am hoping to get mine working this week.

And does anyone have more info on the BMS for these? I am wondering if the discharge current is controlled by the BMS..and if so, will that limit the ability to get the full continuous discharge rate out of these cells?

Weird, I was about to post on here that this was a scam, but it seems others here have had successful transactions. I sent money over a week ago with no response since. For those of you that have had success, how long it it take the seller to ship once you sent him money?

I finally got the second shipment of two batteries yesterday. They were ordered on July 26. The seller is reputable but somewhat disorganized and slow to respond. I suspect he is busy with his day job. Be patient.

I received my packs. I have not put them under load but the resting voltage seems good. Weird the seller would never respond to my messages after I sent payment but the packs eventually arrived so no complaints.

devo1223 said:
I received my packs. I have not put them under load but the resting voltage seems good. Weird the seller would never respond to my messages after I sent payment but the packs eventually arrived so no complaints.

Well, that is good to hear because I am sitting in a similar situation. On the 14th he said he shipped them and would send me the tracking number the following day. I have not received a tracking number or response despite asking twice. So I guess I am just waiting to see if they arrive, but it sounds like you may have had a similar experience.

I got this battery last week and measured the usable capacity.
From totally discharged to full charge.
Discharge was done using 0.5C (about 5A).
Charging was done using Luna 54.5V charger set to 3A.
After 3 hours, the total amount of charge was 380Wh.
So this is the total usable capacity of one unit. I plan to use 2 or 3 in parallel.

My question to others.
(1) What kind of capacity did you get from these batteries?
(2) Also it is too long (420mm) and I need to cut and fold it (about 240mm). What is the best way to do it?

Thanks,

Ykuga,

I have not gotten mine yet. I was wondering how long did shipping take and did you get a tracking number from the seller?
I am still waiting on mine and the seller is not responding to me.

I wonder if there are any still for sale?

I'm looking to get my velomobile running on electricity soon and it will be no earlier than next month when I can get a kweld spot welder to build up a 24S4P LiFePO4 pack, so I figured this would make for an excellent starter pack given the price and the fact that it is ready to use. I have everything I need to convert it to electric except for a battery...

well, ya can always message him and ask. He was very quick responding to my initial inquiry, but has been basically MIA since I sent payment.

Hi dose0018,
I got my package in a week. It came from
Monnick Suppy
135 Maple St. Marlborough, MA 01752

I am planning to get more.
ykuga

dose0018@umn.edu said:
well, ya can always message him and ask. He was very quick responding to my initial inquiry, but has been basically MIA since I sent payment.

I messaged him on August 28 and have heard nothing back.

The specs for the pack seem to indicate it can handle 1500W(if it were new, given 10A cont per cell and 13s3p configuration), but even if it is old and worn out and has to be limited to perhaps 500W, it will be enough for the time being, especially for the price.

ykuga said:
Hi dose0018,
I got my package in a week. It came from
Monnick Suppy
135 Maple St. Marlborough, MA 01752

I am planning to get more.
ykuga

Thanks for letting me know. I am not sure what is up. I am sitting at 18 days (and don't live anywhere odd, Minnesota, twin-cities metro area).

Yup, no one order from this dude even if he reappears!!
ripped me of $165.... In the end paypal saved the day and ruled in my favor refunding my money but anyway...just a warning.

Not sure what happened with the seller. I got 2 of these from him, although they did take a while to ship after I paid. Hopefully you get your money back or he shows up and gives an explanation.

I never heard anything from the seller but PayPal gave me my money back.
I guess I just imagine the seller got covid (not wishing that on the seller just want I imagine or why he was kinda legit at first with people then wasn't).
I guess it was a lesson for use PayPal and not PayPal friends and family.

Back