Another Volt/Ampera Inverter with Lebowski Brain

drother

10 µW
Hello, I'm sharing my inverter project. It uses the Lebowski brain (I really want the sensorless control) and it uses the power stage from a Volt/Amp era. I have based somewhat it on Bas' original design, but I have added components from Arber's design, Damien's designs, and some of Johnannes designs as well. I'm about to order a few of them. Here are some features I added:

I am using hardware overcurrent that doesn't shutdown PWM, instead it only turns off that IGBT (using comparators and logic gates). I plan on using it for drag racing, so I don't want 1 IGBT to cause me to lose a race. Also the logic gates invert the signal from active low to active high.

I'm using a Teensy 4.1 to convert the resolver into a UVW signal for low RPM. With IPM motors, the advance angle isn't static (research MTPA if you don't understand). Lebowski's brain compensates in sensorless mode, but not sensored.

Im using Teensy for all external interfaces (since I have it anyway). This way I can use its killer 600Mhz processor (and the awesome math hardware) for all the extra IOs Im adding.

The Teensy is also communicating with the Leb chip for throttles, reverse, temps, and monitoring its Reset pin (in case of desat, as well as holding it in reset until the contractors are on. Eventually I want it to send the throttles and reverse over CAN, but Bas said its not standard CAN, so for now I have CAN and analog signals between them.

Teensy will also be monitoring the UART from Leb, and send data out over the external CANbus. Also will send out the same data to the esp8266 for some basic wifi gauges.

Any comments on the schematic/PCB layout are welcome! The PCB layout I came up with is the one at the bottom of the link. I'm hoping for some feedback to make sure I haven't made any bonehead mistakes in the schematic.

I haven't used the TXS0102DCUR before (for 3.3V to 5V translations). I'm hoping it can sink enough current to drive the RC filter for the analog throttle signals and overcurrent RC filter (I think it should?).

https://oshwlab.com/john.thomas.wade/lebowski_teensy_pmac_controller_volt_inverter_whole

Back