Are those blue batteries good for 1800w brushless motor build?

i have the required tools to install a battery and done over 20+ of research regarding battery and safety
No unit of measurement was provided. Is that minutes, hours, days, weeks, months?

I ask not for that specific thing, but to point out that you need to always provide correct units of measurement and accurate numbers to communicate technical information properly, especially when asking for help figuring something out. ;)

Many people post here asking for help on things but then don't use the correct units (or any units), or otherwise don't communicate precisely or with all the available information, and that makes it difficult for us to help with specific tests/solutions/etc.

It's Fathers Day here and i'm a granddad. Your fortunate to have a grandfather with years of valuable learning experiences, if you will only give a listening ear to his second or third opinion. Treat him right and he will help you.

Here was my first motorized bike project as a young teenager on a limited buget. Mounted an old lawn mower engine in the frame, attached a smaller bike rim to the rear wheel and with a used v-belt. The cyndrical clutch on the lawn mower engine controlled the speed. The total cost was zero dollars.

My great-grandfather emigrated from Sweden to Stockholm, WI in 1850 when Dakotah Indians were still around.
He isnt much of a help and wants nothing to do with the bike. I visit him often and understand his perspective and he just wants to take it easy and live on i guess. I do this all by myself and feels pretty good about what im doing. Im only connecting a brushless motor to a pit bike and connecting a battery and im basically done. Ofcourse there is more steps like mounting. Cable wiring but ive fixed phones and computer in the past changing screen and stuff. I have a understandable amount of knowledge and hours of research for this project. I dont need adult trying to limit my creativity.

No unit of measurement was provided. Is that minutes, hours, days, weeks, months?

I ask not for that specific thing, but to point out that you need to always provide correct units of measurement and accurate numbers to communicate technical information properly, especially when asking for help figuring something out. ;)

Many people post here asking for help on things but then don't use the correct units (or any units), or otherwise don't communicate precisely or with all the available information, and that makes it difficult for us to help with specific tests/solutions/etc.
Whatsupp! There is so many comments and i cant think of an answer to everyone...

I was under a similar rule growing up, and I was making a pretty good amount of money doing landscaping work. Anything I earned went into savings for college.
Given your budget, lead acid is the safest option. Those cheap blue batteries have a higher likelihood of burning down your house, so maybe you can work the safety angle on your parents to let you spend a little of your own money to get a decent lithium ion pack or even spring for one. They may be impressed that you're thinking maturely about this, keeping everyone's safety as a priority.
Ive done some research and connected to dozen of people and found multiple people with fatboy batteries 60v 13ah for only 150 dollars in pretty good shape. It will weight less. Be better. Last longer and fit good in my budget!

You are in Sweden? Which means the USA battery liquidaters (batteryhookup, jag35, batteryclearinghouse) aren't an option. There are a few surplus battery dealers that occasionally have ebike batteries for sale in the EU. If you have an ebike shop near you maybe stop in and ask them what you can get for $120-150.
Later floyd
Thanks bro! Did what you said and got a fatbike 13ah fatbike battery for 150 dollar!

Ive done some research and connected to dozen of people and found multiple people with fatboy batteries 60v 13ah for only 150 dollars in pretty good shape. It will weight less. Be better. Last longer and fit good in my budget!
Follow one simple rule and you should be fine. Never leave the bike charging while unattended. Follow that rule, even if it's the best battery money can buy, and you'll be there to take action if something goes wrong.

Hi! Im fiftteen and is wondering which battery i should get for 1800w brushless motor. I have a supermoto body im installing it on ... I spent 200 dollar on 1800w motor and 50 dollar on the actual bike .... got a fatbike 13ah fatbike battery for 150 dollar!
Being that it's not a pedal (pedelec) bike you'd have to get it registered (license).
I know its illegal but just want something cool to ride once in a while.

Don't mean to be a killjoy, but wonder if any of the best DIY builders at ES would have taken on such a project as their first ebike/scooter DIY build as a 15yr teenager.

Last edited:
Don't mean to be a killjoy, but wonder if any of the best DIY builders at ES would have taken on such a project as their first ebike/scooter DIY build as a 15yr teenager.
Read the part of the thread where he gets the best grades you can get.

There's the old proverb, where there's a will, there's a way. There may even be duct tape involved.

When I was his age, all of my friends were top students, but we also were kids. We used research to do even crazier things than other kids our age. I remember we once wanted to try to make a rocket that could reach the upper atmosphere. We headed to the library to check out all of the chemistry and pyrotechnics books. They didn't allow the latter to be checked out, so we took notes. In the end the rocket probably went about a mile up. It was crazy. We found some parts of it a couple of weeks later while riding our bikes a few miles away. My parents were unwitting accomplices at the time, since they accompanied me to the pharmacy to pick up a big bottle of potassium nitrate as the oxidizer, for my "science experiment". I used sugar for the fuel component.
Later at school I saw the chemical structure of potassium perchlorate, and it had an extra oxygen atom hanging off of it. That led to some pretty good cherry bombs. I can't recall where I found the stuff, but that took research too. We all survived those years with all of our limbs and digits intact, mainly by luck.

Read the part of the thread where he gets the best grades you can get.

There's the old proverb, where there's a will, there's a way. There may even be duct tape involved.

When I was his age, all of my friends were top students, but we also were kids. We used research to do even crazier things than other kids our age. I remember we once wanted to try to make a rocket that could reach the upper atmosphere. We headed to the library to check out all of the chemistry and pyrotechnics books. They didn't allow the latter to be checked out, so we took notes. In the end the rocket probably went about a mile up. It was crazy. We found some parts of it a couple of weeks later while riding our bikes a few miles away. My parents were unwitting accomplices at the time, since they accompanied me to the pharmacy to pick up a big bottle of potassium nitrate as the oxidizer, for my "science experiment". I used sugar for the fuel component.
Later at school I saw the chemical structure of potassium perchlorate, and it had an extra oxygen atom hanging off of it. That led to some pretty good cherry bombs. I can't recall where I found the stuff, but that took research too. We all survived those years with all of our limbs and digits intact, mainly by luck.
Imagine if you had the internet back then. I’m almost 50 and wonder the same thing. We didn’t get internet access until I was about 19. I could’ve done so much more interesting/dangerous things. :)

Okay okay enough babble
What battery did you buy give us a link we want to see it we want to hear it what charger do you have that come with the battery ?

I just meant a 15 year old 3 weeks ago he's come over a few times he has a mid-drive mudder on a pit bike 60 volt 20 amp hour with a far driver controller he set up himself.
So bro I'm all for you I just want to know where you got your battery give us a link where you got the charger and you get back to us and let us know how this battery works out for you.
Good you guys wanted the internet well hire it is talk to text I hope it reads out okay I'm lazy

The blue battery have probably been resleaved if they bothered to even do that.
The battery has F-grade in them, priced to sell quickly to unsuspecting consumers like yourself who want "a good deal"
Save your money until you can buy a half decent battery.
Yes, we all want to save money.
Save up an extra 100 to an extra 200 and get yourself a half decent quality battery.
BatteryHookup has some good deals.

The key is to be patient, look every day and try to grab some keen inside knowledge because I see Amberwolf posting up good deals all the time, people do the same with batteries at HookupBattery place.

but wonder if any of the best DIY builders at ES would have taken on such a project as their first ebike/scooter DIY build as a 15yr teenager.
Absolutely, if I'd had any idea I *could* do stuff like that way back then, and had had any money to spend on it (or could scrounge the parts out of things people didn't want), I would certainly have done this kind of thing...probably would've killed myself riding it, or gotten killed by my mom for trying, but I would've tried. :lol:

Thankfully for my mom's sanity, at that age I stuck with homemade flying model rockets (only one of which hit a cropduster), repurposing nearly anything I could get my hands on (mostly out of the old dump in the creekbed a mile or so down the road) for all sorts of projects they were never intended for, reading lots of scifi books and magazines, and long walks out in the fields around the area, especially along the creeks and stock ponds where there were lots of trees.

Once we moved back to the city my actual activities changed, but not the pattern of them.... :)

(If the internet had existed then, with the knowledgebase that's available instantly, rather than many long trips to the library and painfully digging info out of many books over months and years, oh, the trouble I could've caused everyone... :oops: )

Hey Kawa, your doing good! (with the exception of not letting us know what battery you bought. Which I know that it might not be possible to do at this time).

My best advice to you is always remember who told told you said advice. Try to filter the advice by the quality of the person who told it to you. The better you get at it, the better you'll do. :mrgreen:

Don't let all these old frocks get to you.

Like Amberwolf I also built crazy stuff when young, liked model rockets too. Used to use the biggest Estes motors I could afford, which wasn't much. Which then led to trying to make my own. Which led to making bombs (much more fun). My friend's parents both worked so I was able to mail order stuff (underwater fuse) without getting caught. I had access to a small barrel of black powder and matchheads that we used for all kind of explosive devices and cannons. Had a blast at it. Even made outrageously big cherry bombs out of sawdust and Elmers glue. Was about 14 years old

BUT

One halloween night my friend decided to make a pipe bomb and frocked up. He used wooden strike anywhere matches instead of regular cardboard ones. When packing the matches down into the pipe it exploded and took off his thumb and most of his fore finger.

So, not to be a debbie downer, have fun but try to be careful.

👍👍

Being that it's not a pedal (pedelec) bike you'd have to get it registered (license).

Im going to install it on my bmx instead, easier too!
Hey Kawa, your doing good! (with the exception of not letting us know what battery you bought. Which I know that it might not be possible to do at this time).

My best advice to you is always remember who told told you said advice. Try to filter the advice by the quality of the person who told it to you. The better you get at it, the better you'll do. :mrgreen:

Don't let all these old frocks get to you.
Yeah man! They all tried to tell me to not proceed further with my project but im here and got a 14,7 ah 48v lg m50t battery for only 150 dollars! Never used and uppgraded bms. I appreciate people like you! I will do my project on the pit bike. frock them old guys that prevent me for doing what i love and what im passionate about! Real G

Like Amberwolf I also built crazy stuff when young, liked model rockets too. Used to use the biggest Estes motors I could afford, which wasn't much. Which then led to trying to make my own. Which led to making bombs (much more fun). My friend's parents both worked so I was able to mail order stuff (underwater fuse) without getting caught. I had access to a small barrel of black powder and matchheads that we used for all kind of explosive devices and cannons. Had a blast at it. Even made outrageously big cherry bombs out of sawdust and Elmers glue. Was about 14 years old

BUT

One halloween night my friend decided to make a pipe bomb and frocked up. He used wooden strike anywhere matches instead of regular cardboard ones. When packing the matches down into the pipe it exploded and took off his thumb and most of his fore finger.

So, not to be a debbie downer, have fun but try to be careful.

👍👍
Yeah man! Okay i wont make a pipe bomb only napalms but ok. Just joking...im carefull and appreciate your concern. Hope you atleast had fun making those pipe bombs

The blue battery have probably been resleaved if they bothered to even do that.
The battery has F-grade in them, priced to sell quickly to unsuspecting consumers like yourself who want "a good deal"
Save your money until you can buy a half decent battery.
Yes, we all want to save money.
Save up an extra 100 to an extra 200 and get yourself a half decent quality battery.
BatteryHookup has some good deals.

The key is to be patient, look every day and try to grab some keen inside knowledge because I see Amberwolf posting up good deals all the time, people do the same with batteries at HookupBattery place.
I got myself a lg battery 48v 14,7ah lithium ion battery m50t

Attachments

• received_1541675823029196.jpeg
    received_1541675823029196.jpeg
    148.7 KB · Views: 3
  • received_1624732491346737.jpeg
    received_1624732491346737.jpeg
    144.6 KB · Views: 3
Im going to install it on my bmx instead, easier too!
If i was your _rocking grampa might consider buying you this ... https://www.amazon.com/Hyper-Electric-Battery-Bicycle-Adults/dp/B0BG4M8Y54/ref=sr_1_3?crid=TUT5R1SX4UNP&keywords=bmx+electric+bike&qid=1687364891&s=sporting-goods&sprefix=BMX+electric,sporting,205&sr=1-3 (top speed 32kph). That's only if you'd swap me: The Supermoto, the 1800w 48v bldc, the controller, etc, and that 48v LG m50t battery.

With your help we'd refurbish that supermoto body. Including necessary repairs, fresh coat of paint, and getting it registered for me to ride. Needs a new foot rest welded on the right side, securing motor placement, enclosure for battery. You'd be able to ride it when on a cycle track and off road for helping give it a new life if you'd let me help you.

That pivot bolt is part of the motor mount fixture for adjusting chain tension ...
Should be enough room for both the bldc motor and battery. Even a _rocking grampa can still dream ;)

If i was your _rocking grampa might consider buying you this ... https://www.amazon.com/Hyper-Electric-Battery-Bicycle-Adults/dp/B0BG4M8Y54/ref=sr_1_3?crid=TUT5R1SX4UNP&keywords=bmx+electric+bike&qid=1687364891&s=sporting-goods&sprefix=BMX+electric,sporting,205&sr=1-3 (top speed 32kph). That's only if you'd swap me: The Supermoto, the 1800w 48v bldc, the controller, etc, and that 48v LG m50t battery.

With your help we'd refurbish that supermoto body. Including necessary repairs, fresh coat of paint, and getting it registered for me to ride. Needs a new foot rest welded on the right side, securing motor placement, enclosure for battery. You'd be able to ride it when on a cycle track and off road for helping give it a new life if you'd let me help you.

That pivot bolt is part of the motor mount fixture for adjusting chain tension ...
Should be enough room for both the bldc motor and battery. Even a _rocking grampa can still dream ;)
What are you talking about? Are you talking about trading? Im installing the motor on the super moto and battery pack in the tank. That bmx btw was super ugly and shiny...

Last edited:

Im mounting the motor on the right side of the back suspension feather

that’s a UPP battery. 36V 35E 17 or 20Ah. i forget. sags right off the charger under throttle. it’s now on a 350W BBS01(A) and FAR less sage than the BBS01B 36V 500w. Trike gets the EM3ev also a 35E 17 or 20Ah 36v. FAR FAR less sag. But winner winner chicken dinner is the 36V 20Ah 50E 21700 soft pack from Shanghai aijiu Energy Technology Co., Ltd.

Not an endorsement just a limited experience. Another builder willing to argue in favor of nickel coated steel and hand welding.

Back