Bafang M500/M600 thread

It's not a straight forward thing. These methods of modifying the system are "hacks" if it was very easy everyone would do it.
You could always purchase a BESST tool and program that way.

Andy

xp67 said:
theflyinglandwalrus said:
Guys,

Anybody had issue with Error 30 on their bikes? It came out on mine and tried all the usual fix like checking all connections. I even went as far as removing the main harness from the bike and connecting everything outside. Still no luck. Since we have 2 E-09s at home, I decided to swap out the parts one by one to check which component was at fault. From the display to the buttons switch and finally to the motor. I swapped out my motor to the other (working) bike and the error came out. It also caused the system to turn on by just inserting the battery, without actually pressing the power button. Put the working motor back and system is fine. Safe to say it's the motor that's faulty. 

Also wanted to know if anyone has had any experience dealing with warranty from Bafang directly since my bike came straight from Dengfu.

Thanks,
Walrus

Any solution found for this issue? I have this exact same issue for many months now. Bike is still grounded after replacing the display and cable assembly. It has to be the controller on the motor.

Problem solved. It was a faulty controller. Just had to replace it (warranty from Bafang) and recalibrated it to the motor. I bought the BESST tool from Luna in order to do the calibration. Also had to replace the gaskets with homemade ones from gasket material. Regreased the motor too but Mark from Bafang said that this really only needs to be done by around 5k kms. Motor was open already so I decided to regrease it anyway.

Walrus

xp67 said:
Guys,

Anybody had issue with Error 30 on their bikes? It came out on mine and tried all the usual fix like checking all connections. I even went as far as removing the main harness from the bike and connecting everything outside. Still no luck. Since we have 2 E-09s at home, I decided to swap out the parts one by one to check which component was at fault. From the display to the buttons switch and finally to the motor. I swapped out my motor to the other (working) bike and the error came out. It also caused the system to turn on by just inserting the battery, without actually pressing the power button. Put the working motor back and system is fine. Safe to say it's the motor that's faulty. 

Also wanted to know if anyone has had any experience dealing with warranty from Bafang directly since my bike came straight from Dengfu.

Thanks,
Walrus

Any solution found for this issue? I have this exact same issue for many months now. Bike is still grounded after replacing the display and cable assembly. It has to be the controller on the motor.

Problem solved. It was a faulty controller. Just had to replace it (warranty from Bafang) and recalibrated it to the motor. I bought the BESST tool from Luna in order to do the calibration. Also had to replace the gaskets with homemade ones from gasket material. Regreased the motor too but Mark from Bafang said that this really only needs to be done by around 5k kms. Motor was open already so I decided to regrease it anyway.

Walrus

did you buy your motor or bike directly from bafang?> how did you claimed warranty?
thanks

+ 1
I'm also very interested by the detail of this warranty supported by bafang. contact/procedure
For my part my contact (after sale servicies) just propose to return the controler and wait the return. Because i have a random failure and i don't want to imobilize my bike for several week, i have proposed to purchase one controller but they do not answer. May be the differnce is the supplier (for me dengfu) ?

It will be very onteressting also if you can share you experiency of using BESST tool to replace controler

patdam said:
+ 1
I'm also very interested by the detail of this warranty supported by bafang. contact/procedure
For my part my contact (after sale servicies) just propose to return the controler and wait the return. Because i have a random failure and i don't want to imobilize my bike for several week, i have proposed to purchase one controller but they do not answer. May be the differnce is the supplier (for me dengfu) ?

It will be very onteressting also if you can share you experiency of using BESST tool to replace controler

yes, dengfu said they are still waiting for the response from bafang, but i emailed bafang and they always reply almost immidiately. kind of frusrating the aftersale of dengfu.

patdam said:
+ 1

I was give the same run around by Dengfu/Bafang about the need for proprietary tools (BESST) so I bought one from Luna. I emailed Bafang again directly saying I already got the tool and they just need to send me the controllers and instruction how to do it. In the end I got what I needed and I'm back riding for less than what it would've cost me to send the motor to Bafang and back.

Walrus

patdam said:
+ 1

I was give the same run around by Dengfu/Bafang about the need for proprietary tools (BESST) so I bought one from Luna. I emailed Bafang again directly saying I already got the tool and they just need to send me the controllers and instruction how to do it. In the end I got what I needed and I'm back riding for less than what it would've cost me to send the motor to Bafang and back.

Walrus
the controller is free of charge?

Great. I just ordered BESST tool to hollandbike (europe), I hope to have the same servicies. Wich is absolutly incomprhensible is that nobody gave the clear advise to proced. Who is your contact on bafang CPY ? Those i have, doen't answered to me when i request advise to perform myself the replacement of the controler and one even told me that BESST tool is not useful to customer.

could you share the instructions provided ?

Yes I got the controller free straight from Bafang. I emailed ygd@bafang-e.com and he's so far responsive. The instructions given were the same as that that is already posted regarding calibrating using the BESST tool.

Thanks. i have sent an email, hope it is the right person.
Incredible, several months, near hundred mails exchanged and no solution. I don't understand why it so complicate for me and it seem simple for you ?

last step./ I have purchased an BESST tool to the only supplier (found in europe) who sale it, but nobody could (want ?) provide me password to use it ? holland bike has finished to request i return the tool to refund ?

i'm so tired and ready to purchase another motor, but i can't buy it to dengfu and return to the same bullshit. Where have you purchased your ?

I bought it from Luna and you contact them with your order number for the log in details. I also tried buying from Dengfu the tool but got absolutely nowhere.

Hello, I have a problem with the BESST tool.
I bought a m600 bike recently and wanted to update the firmware.
However I seem to have a problem with the serial number.

I've added the image which shows the result when I read the controller.
image_2021-05-10_194709.png
When I try to update I get the message that it needs to be CR in the start of the serial number.

Any suggestions on how to proceed?

Ryanniel said:
Hi. Anybody here who owns an m600 for a year without problem?

My wife's bike was built at the same time as mine April last year. Same build process (me) and almost the same mileage as mine at about 1k kms. She has never had an issue with her motor.

patdam said:
Thanks. i have sent an email, hope it is the right person.
Incredible, several months, near hundred mails exchanged and no solution. I don't understand why it so complicate for me and it seem simple for you ?

last step./ I have purchased an BESST tool to the only supplier (found in europe) who sale it, but nobody could (want ?) provide me password to use it ? holland bike has finished to request i return the tool to refund ?

i'm so tired and ready to purchase another motor, but i can't buy it to dengfu and return to the same bullshit. Where have you purchased your ?

One more thing, I actually bought a spare motor from Dengfu just to make sure I can still ride if this happens again. But to be honest, most of the issues are with the controller so having a spare of that would probably be all that's needed.

Ryanniel said:
Hi. Anybody here who owns an m600 for a year without problem?

My wife's bike was built at the same time as mine April last year. Same build process (me) and almost the same mileage as mine at about 1k kms. She has never had an issue with her motor.
good to hear that

Just to give an update. My new m600 motor arrived and installed. Everything is good again,but the previous motor still has problem.

Waynemarlow said:
Any ideas on where to buy a M600 motor / lcd kit, everybody seems unable to order and no sign of future delivery dates ?

You could reach out to Bafang directly. I was stunned when they replied and accepted to sell me only 1 M620 motor...
I contacted Robin who was just super helfpul (robin.hua@bafang-e.com).

Just so that you know, all systems you will order from Bafang:
- Will have a lead time of c. 3 weeks as they are stretched in production
- Will come with the system as CAN-BUS and no UART system anymore (100% of their motors are using CAN-BUS protocol now - since early 2021- meaning you won't be able (yet) to adjust much parameters yourself as was the case with the UART systems).

G

HI ,
I Bought a Cortina bike coming with a M420 43volts (MM G332.250.C)
Do you know if firmware changes of M600 can set speed to 60kmh?
It a Canbus, cable solution of Cidi is working ?
Should I use Besst software, innomaker, bafangconfigtool?

regards
M

DaDo.Bzz said:
Hello guys.

An observation.

That InnoMaker USB to CAN software does not work properly (Chinese crap again). It does not sending commands out.
I was somehow connecting and disconnecting CAN and then by luck it send out.

Connect M600 and turn on, click open device (u should see frames reading), then click Send (it wont send out anything), then I unplugged CAN and plugged again and it sent my command even when I not pressed Send button again. You should see green line.

I had the same issue, figured out that place the innomaker software in loopback mode, did the trick.
I managed to adjust the max speed to 30km/h at a 2021 Dutch-brand bicycle with a M400 mid drive.

Jootje said:
DaDo.Bzz said:
Hello guys.

An observation.

That InnoMaker USB to CAN software does not work properly (Chinese crap again). It does not sending commands out.

Connect M600 and turn on, click open device (u should see frames reading), then click Send (it wont send out anything), then I unplugged CAN and plugged again and it sent my command even when I not pressed Send button again. You should see green line.

I had the same issue, figured out that place the innomaker software in loopback mode, did the trick.
I managed to adjust the max speed to 30km/h at a 2021 Dutch-brand bicycle with a M400 mid drive.

What is "loopback mode" and how dp you place innomaker software in that mode?

serafko said:
Jootje said:
DaDo.Bzz said:
Hello guys.

An observation.

What is "loopback mode" and how dp you place innomaker software in that mode?

Hello Serafko,

Here is how to place innomaker software in Loopback mode.

Innomaker_loopback.png

Connect the usb2can device and the connection to the bike.
1e loopback mode.
2e scan device.
3e open device.
4e frameID 85 10 32 03
5e Data input B8 0B C0 2B E2 08 00 00 the bytes 0B and B8 = BB8 = 3.000 = 30km/h in my case.
6e Send.

Sometimes you have to hit Send several times.

Back