Balancing 2 Parallel LG Chem modules

wer2000

10 µW
I've been looking into these cells a bit more lately and I'm trying to come up with the best way to run two of these modules in parallel with a BMS installed. I've worked with smaller 18650 packs before but the process for wiring the BMS is nothing like this and haven't found any good documentation of the process in the research I've done. Anyone have any suggestions or information that would help me figure this out? These are the modules in question,
https://www.techdirectclub.com/lg-chem-module-16-cells-lithium-ion-solar-rv-golf-car-battery-60-vdc-each-3-kwh/

Obviously the point of balancing is wrt the series strings within the packs.

Any units in parallel will balance themselves naturally, at the pack level voltage depending how connected.

Does not mean they will **wear** evenly though, once you get past two packs in parallel, in that sense you will have increased imbalanced currents in that sense, and thus reduced lifespan of the whole.

Sometimes people parallel-wire across packs at the cell level, but gets messy pretty quickly unless the pack physically was designed for that.

Back