BBSHD Voltage Problem Firmware Update & Instructions

Did anyone manage to read and save the controller file before to put a new one on the skt software?

I flashed my controller with the 48 firmware and it work perfect.
Now the display show full range.

Tomblarom said:
tokoyama said:
https://yadi.sk/d/hXqlI2_TjJ6PzQ
The firmware is provided by the service Bafag
CRR10E4830E105016.1_合并.bin
Just a reupload, since these tend to go offline very fast.

First thanks for posting the FW. I have a few questions for the gurus. I have the em3ev 52v BBSHD. Is this FW compatible with 52v battery or does it matter? Also does this FW address the jerkiness on the throttle. I purchased my BBSHD back in December and mostly ride trails. The issue I have is the throttle is not smooth at at its very "jerky" I'd like to be able to ramp up the throttle instead of it being like an ON/OFF switch? Hopefully this make sense. Thanks again in advance.

CRR10E4830E105016.1

4830 - 48volt 30 amper
and for the motor BBSHD on which the marking C571-30-506

they poured it to me so that the 52 volt motor would work normally with a 48 volt battery

how the motor will work with a 52 volt battery, I don't know.

geosped said:
Tomblarom said:
tokoyama said:
https://yadi.sk/d/hXqlI2_TjJ6PzQ
The firmware is provided by the service Bafag
CRR10E4830E105016.1_合并.bin
Just a reupload, since these tend to go offline very fast.

First thanks for posting the FW. I have a few questions for the gurus. I have the em3ev 52v BBSHD. Is this FW compatible with 52v battery or does it matter? Also does this FW address the jerkiness on the throttle. I purchased my BBSHD back in December and mostly ride trails. The issue I have is the throttle is not smooth at at its very "jerky" I'd like to be able to ramp up the throttle instead of it being like an ON/OFF switch? Hopefully this make sense. Thanks again in advance.
I flashed this firmware posted by Tomblarom:
CRR10E4830E105027.1_(latest)_190927.bin

Can confirm it works with 52V battery, has a current limit of 30A, and corrected the issue of PAS overriding throttle.

Thank you Tomblarom for sharing this firmware!

sp1n4d0 said:
Can confirm it works with 52V battery, has a current limit of 30A, and corrected the issue of PAS overriding throttle.

Thanks for the report. Hopefully this eliminates the need for my hardware hack.

sp1n4d0 said:

Can I please ask if you tested at the full 58v+?

I don’t want to risk trying to rollback :)

Magsy said:
sp1n4d0 said:

Can I please ask if you tested at the full 58v+?

I don’t want to risk trying to rollback :)
Yes, tested with full battery 58.8V, it works.
With stock firmware my controller didn't accept more than 56V.

Does anybody know how to save the original firmware before to flash a new software on the skt programming software?

vicentmia said:
Does anybody know how to save the original firmware before to flash a new software on the skt programming software?

It is not possibly, the microcontroller used in the BBSHD controller does not support readback of firmware. It's a "security" feature of STC microcontrollers.

I can't remember, but you may be able to read which version you have before trying anything. Then you could see if anybody has a copy of that version just in case you want to revert back.

There is an OpenSource firmware development for BBSHD and seems the main developer has a version that works partially - see here:
- https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=102148
- https://github.com/danielnilsson9/bbshd-fw

Screenshot-from-2021-02-11-22-40-59.png

My experience. I have a BBSHD with the number CRR10E4830E105001.1
I got it in Jan 2021 from Australian seller Cap Rouge. I am using tool batteries, so with batteries charged I get 62V which gives me the 07 error.
I tried Tomblarom's file CRR10E4830E105016.1_合并.bin and successfully flashed it, but I found the voltage limit was 56V, possibly worse than the original firmware.

So I flashed amberwolf's CRR10E4830E105001.1_190413-1.bin and it worked and gave me 58V (maybe 58.2V) cutoff. So I think that's as good as I am going to get.

Thanks to everyone for all the good information.

I want to say thank you everyone for all your hard work on this. I was using a 48V battery and was experiencing quite a drop in power as the voltage dropped below ~47 V. I now have 1400W + right down to 44V and my throttle will give full AMPs even on PAS 1. BTW I used the 190413 bin file.

One thing I would like to add it that the cable I had was "crippled" and would not work. Because of this I was looking into making my own and noticed there was only GND, Tx and Rx wires on the usb unit for programming while on the one I bought from amazon had a shunt on two of the pins. Once I removed the shunt it worked perfectly.

61y7M9gnjO_.jpg

Yesterday I flashed firmware CRR10E4830E105027.1_(latest)_190927.bin since I also experienced sluggish response with a partly discharged 48V battery on my BBSHD with 52V firmware. I wanted to tell my experience here in case someone have similar issues. (A download fault doesn't mean the end, it might work after repeated attempts).

I had a hard time to get the STC-ISP software to work. I got:

"MCU type: IAP15W4K61S4
F/W version: 7.2.5T

Adjusting frequency ... [1.078"]
Adjusted frequency: 18.437MHz (0.026%)

Re-handshaking ... Successful [0.140"]
Current Baudrate: 57600
Erasing MCU flash ...
Download failed ! (6.88F)(2021-05-24 10:07:35)"

several times and I had to do trial and error by changing the "Max Baudrate". Ended up using both 19200 and suggested 56700 with different BBSHD controllers. I also changed the LVD detect level to 2.63V. I did three successful downloads (to two different BBSHD). One controller accepted 56700 and one needed 19200.

Finally used version 6.87F of the STC-ISP software even though there is a newer version 6.88F. Maybe my cable wasn't the best, which I bought from Amazon. However it works fine for the "BafangConfigTool". I removed the jumper as suggested in a post above regarding the cable from Amazon, but I don't know if it matter since it worked with the other software for parameter programming. Seems to be a bit of "trial and error", bad cable or this STC-ISP software is really unstable.

Since I have two BBSHD, one with 48V battery & one 52V battery I can confirm after flashing it states 48V and 30A in the firmware and I can use both batteries fully charged, up to 58.8V (52V pack) without issues. I haven't done a test run with the 48V battery pack yet to see if I got rid of the sluggish response below 47V. I hope it will work as it suppose now :bigthumb:

Attachments

• STC-ISP inställning.jpg
    STC-ISP inställning.jpg
    328.2 KB · Views: 2,349
  • logfile.txt
    12.2 KB · Views: 61
Thanks for the posters who supplied the files and info. I have now also flashed : CRR10E4830E105027.1_(latest)_190927.bin

I have BBS HD HW ver 1.5, previously 52v/28a and a 2020 purchase. My reason to flash was to gain the extra 2 amps.

The result is great, no problems at 58.8v and I now have 30a rather than 28a (I have shunt mod so its actually 48a+)

The unexpected benefit (and danger..) is that now the power is instant whereas before it ramped up at low motor rpm.

ie. In a tall gear, at low RPM, when going full throttle it used to produce ~500w for a few seconds until motor RPM hit a certain value then ramp to ~2,500w.

Now it just instantly peaks. I guess this was a protection mechanism, it is nice it is gone but it does feel I should respect it :)

I had a hard time flashing the controller like MaNor did. I tired all versions of the ISP tool, I tired both FTDI and CH340 USB to Serial convertors but it would not connect (despite the Banfang config tool working fine)

In the end I dug an old Win XP laptop out and it worked first time. The failing machine was Windows 10 for what its worth. Both had the same CH340 driver so its confusing because the OS should not really matter but this is why I keep an old laptop...

MaNor said:
I haven't done a test run with the 48V battery pack yet to see if I got rid of the sluggish response below 47V. I hope it will work as it suppose now :bigthumb:

Hey, did you manage to test this? I have the 52v 28a controller and it's limiting power to 500w when my battery gets under 48v.
Also what is a short summary of the differences between CRR10E4830E105027.1_(latest)_190927.bin and CRR10E4830E105016.1_合并.bin and CRR10E4830E105001.1_190413-1.bin It'd be heaps useful to newcomers like me! Thanks a lot!

Well I flashed CRR10E4830E105027.1_(latest)_190927.bin a couple of days ago and just wanted to confirm here that there are no issues with a 52v battery. PAS issue is completely resolved, everything is SUPER smooth and the full 30A are available. I haven't had the chance to get the battery much lower than 47.5v, but I fell like there won't be any issue with performance as there used to be before (which was my main reason for flashing). Everything is much much better than before with this firmware, I really can't believe how much smoother and more powerful the thing is. Definitely would recommend 10/10 flashing this. I won't ever bother running anything else if I have to switch motor/controllers in the future.
Really impressive and thanks SO MUCH to whoever provided this!

I flashed the CRR10E4830E105027.1_(latest)_190927.bin too on my BBSHD Model 2021.
It works fine, now throttle overrides PAS and motor can pull more watts at lower voltage (tested until 46,4V).
At low RPM it doesn't shoot out the full 1560W on the chain,
it ramps up at a certain RPM of the motor.

Btw.
For flashing and configuring I use a 12,-€ cable from ebay
and a very old Acturion Durios T7M,
installed Windows XP Tablet PC Edition and I have it always in my box so I can configure it at every time.
It's a bit like the Luna Black Box, but not so expensive and comfortable, but it works.

Tomblarom said:
Hello guys, fasterbikes provided me a newer firmware, directly from Bafang. I paid for it, but I want to share it here with you.

Version: CRR10E4830E105027.1_(latest)_190927.bin

Hi, just signed up to say:
HUGE THANK YOU!!! to Tomblarom

I have BBSHD 2021/03 production date and 52V 20ah battery pack.

Now, if anyone decides to upgrade from this file:
1. There are precise instructions and ST software included inside the file above, so I didn't have to download or look for anything else.
2. my upgrade was very simple, took just a moment, no problems or issues whatsoever - cheap cable (see picture by Maugerville in previous posts - exactly the same one with yellow jumper - I didn't have to remove it)

Now, my BBSHD after firmware upgrade:

- works with 58.8V fully charged battery, no problem, as it did before

- 30A limit, 28A before

- and the most important thing for me: THE THROTTLE / PAS PROBLEM IS GONE !!!:) If i just very slightly touch the throttle while pedaling it beautifully disconnects PAS as it should, there is no lag, it works very well. Release the throttle and PAS starts working again. SMOOTH AND BEAUTIFUL:). I was looking for a solution to this problem for a long time.

- and my very subjective feel is that the throttle response is different than before - it starts very slowly at first and ramps up at the end of the throttle rotation which I like a lot (my throttle settings: mode: speed, start voltage 9 - the lowest without error, end voltage 42, designated assist level 9, speed limit by display's command, start current 1%)

Tomblarom - THANK YOU!!!

mike_k said:
Tomblarom said:
Hello guys, fasterbikes provided me a newer firmware, directly from Bafang. I paid for it, but I want to share it here with you.

Version: CRR10E4830E105027.1_(latest)_190927.bin

Hi, just signed up to say:
HUGE THANK YOU!!! to Tomblarom

I have BBSHD 2021/03 production date and 52V 20ah battery pack.

Now, if anyone decides to upgrade from this file:
1. There are precise instructions and ST software included inside the file above, so I didn't have to download or look for anything else.
2. my upgrade was very simple, took just a moment, no problems or issues whatsoever - cheap cable (see picture by Maugerville in previous posts - exactly the same one with yellow jumper - I didn't have to remove it)

Now, my BBSHD after firmware upgrade:

- works with 58.8V fully charged battery, no problem, as it did before

- 30A limit, 28A before

- and the most important thing for me: THE THROTTLE / PAS PROBLEM IS GONE !!!:) If i just very slightly touch the throttle while pedaling it beautifully disconnects PAS as it should, there is no lag, it works very well. Release the throttle and PAS starts working again. SMOOTH AND BEAUTIFUL:). I was looking for a solution to this problem for a long time.

- and my very subjective feel is that the throttle response is different than before - it starts very slowly at first and ramps up at the end of the throttle rotation which I like a lot (my throttle settings: mode: speed, start voltage 9 - the lowest without error, end voltage 42, designated assist level 9, speed limit by display's command, start current 1%)

Tomblarom - THANK YOU!!!
I'm confused? I want my pas and throttle to work at the same time ? That's how my Ludacrous controller is set up and it's great for when riding with pas and need a quick boost.

I'm trying to set my regular bbshd controller up this way but I can't seem to find the firmware that allows that. I get the cutoff of on le or the other.

My wife's bbshd build (3rd bbshd) also motor bought from Luna , acts as it should. No cut off from pas to throttle. Everything works perfectly together.

Why would you want pas to cut out when you tap throttle?

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

Oh, that would be ideal...

But the common problem with these motors is that while pedaling - if you turn the throttle nothing happens until about 3/4 of a turn and then it suddenly applies full power - very dangerous especially while going steep uphill, front wheel goes up instantly and your back hurts a lot:) Turning off PAS while using the throttle solves this problem...

I was going to make a hardware mod for this today (using a darlington pair of transistors, but this would probably cause an issue with the lowest throttle threshold), but luckily for me decided to look one more time for a firmware solution and found it here;)

Sure, a smooth transition between the throttle and PAS would be even better, but CRR10E4830E105027.1_(latest)_190927.bin firmware is "perfectly good enough" for me... and now I have 30 Amps = 1,764W on a fully charged battery. Nice;)

Ok, since the throttle / PAS problem is solved, now I'm building a buck regulator for my new front and rear lights and a quick phone charger because DCP18 supplies only 500mA, I want more and QC3.0...
Electric bikes are a lot of fun!

Back