Best/Favorite KT Display?

the_horak

1 mW
I'm looking at the color version of the KT LCD7 display. Can't find much in the real world for pictures or info. I'd like to know how green that display actually is and if that can be changed. I also would like to know if it's too small to be enjoyable to use

Should I just go with the LCD7U? Is there an entirely different one that you prefer? Thanks!

I like the KT LCD03 display because I prefer to have the display in the middle of the cockpit and the buttons close to the left hand grip.

I’m not concerned about having a colour display. Some people say they are hard to read in direct sunlight.

Have you considered the KT LCD08? They may be more readily available. Or do you really need/want integrated buttons?

Last edited:
I like the KT LCD03 display because I prefer to have the display in the middle of the cockpit and the buttons close to the left hand grip.

I’m not concerned about having a colour display. Some people say they are hard to read in direct sunlight.

Have you considered the KT LCD08? They may be more readily available. Or do you really need/want integrated buttons?
Thanks for the reply! The 8 is pretty high in price, so I was avoiding it. I'm not opposed to a middle display, I'll just have to move where my phone mount is. The 3 is a nice bigger display, which is nice. Is there a difference in functionality between them all? Or is it just the physical differences?

Overall functionality is the nearly the same, they all provide plenty of information, but the 08 is easier to set up the P and C settings because they are all on the same screen so you don’t need to scroll through each one. But once they are set up then there is no need to keep accessing the P and C screen. And it has Bluetooth.

There are plenty of you tube videos showing how the displays differ.

LCD04 is more basic with less functionality but I don’t think you will be interested in that one. It’s far more minimalist.
For those who want less clutter.

Last edited:
My mounting bracket broke so I had to make a new one. But I think that was my fault be because I used the same bracket for the display and an additional motor temperature gauge.

I usually use LCD4. LCD3 is the one I've picked for older folks who have trouble with small text. But I recently installed LCD11 for the first time and I really like it. It has some extra parameter settings and it's easier to read than LCD4, but almost as tidy to install.

I use my display while riding to check my speed and I also like to monitor power consumption when I’m riding so I find the big text useful.

it’s easy to read at a glance.

And I check my motor temperature regularly as well, but that is a separate display under the LCD03. That’s not so easy to read in sunlight because it’s LED.

Yeah the 4 is nice when you need space but it's too small for what I would like. 7C is too small too. I wasn't thinking much about the center display but I might be digging it now. Maybe the 3 is the way to go. I'm gonna probably end up going with the 3

Best answer. The 3 and 8 both have watt readouts which is extremely helpful. Many of the other's don't read watts, which to me is ridiculous.

I ended up going with the 3, with the USB port built-in. I agree that it's going to be the best option for me. Thanks so much for everyone's help!

I really like the XH18 mini color display that is used on the TSDZ2.
Does anyone here know how to wire up an XH18 onto a KT controller?

Does it use the same communications protocol? If not, it won't work.

Some displays are available in different firmware versions to work with different controllers, but you usually have to buy one specifically for that system for them to work together; something to be sure to ask the seller about when buying one (and hope they have a clue).

I really like the XH18 mini color display that is used on the TSDZ2.
Does anyone here know how to wire up
Yeah, any KT display needs to use a KT controller. JN displays need JN controllers (AFAIK). I've seen things about open/custom firmware flashed to some controllers that may let you interchange protocols, but that's literally everything I might know about it. Not worth the rabbit hole for me.

Yeah, any KT display needs to use a KT controller. JN displays need JN controllers (AFAIK). I've seen things about open/custom firmware flashed to some controllers that may let you interchange protocols, but that's literally everything I might know about it. Not worth the rabbit hole for me.
So how do you make a KT display?
Surely they start of as something else and are turned into a KT display, or is it purely a KT controller configuration?

Back