BFSWXO2 controller advice (plug and play)

I'm looking for specific component recommendations

I need your help with a new bike build. I've found a bike for $150 that's missing the display, battery, and thumb throttle.

It has 0 miles on it and the missing parts were taken for use on another conversion.

I currently have a new 52v 20ah reention dorado Samsung cell battery with a 40a BMS that I could use for this build, but I'm leaning towards picking up something smaller on Black Friday.

My goal is to build something economical that is more capable than what's speced by Magnum.

I'm looking for specific component recommendations (controller kits) and battery specs to bring this to life.

The must-haves are waterproof higo connections and plug-and-play with limited programming. I'm not looking for a GRIN type conversation.

I'm looking for specific component recommendations

Thanks for your help

Good luck with a plug and play solution using waterproof connectors. You are may have compatibility issues with some of them and it’s not so easy to swap the wires around. The best solution would be to use a controller with jst connectors and make sure wherever you put the controller is out of the weather.

It‘s much easier to hook up a multimeter for fault finding and easy to swap pins around when needed using jst connectors.

KT controllers work well with that motor. I’m using a 30 amp KT controller at 52 volts with exactly the same motor as yours on one of my bikes. But it’s oil cooled to handle 1500 watts. And it will run quite happily at 30 mph without overheating.

It’s a nice motor that can operate at way above its rating with a few modifications.

Last edited:
Bike looks great. Worth every penny. Integrated rack and guards are nice features.

Your dorado battery sounds good for it, if it’s easy to mount. I don’t see why you’d buy another when you have a suitable one already. Just for the waterproof connector compatibility? You can splice these on or in to the dorado.

Any old throttle will do, that doesn’t need to be part of a kit. All you’re really missing is a controller.

(I don’t know why people aren’t keen on programmable controllers. You can customise them, switch them between vehicles, use a range of voltages, tune the throttle … the list goes on. You get way more bang for your buck, and high quality FETs. Votol are so cheap it’s not funny.)

Anyway, to get better feedback you’ll need to state your preferences WRT PAS, displays, brake cutoff, power switches, and multiple power levels. If you want all those, with waterproof connectors, I think bafang have it well covered. I’d just find a seller of complete kits, and negotiate a price without the motor (and possibly without battery).

Back